SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-19, 11:07 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

I've done quite a bit of copy paste translate copy paste-back-in myself - it gets old fast... those TSR files are associated with the mis files of the same name. The only parts of them that you want to translate is the stuff after "MissionBriefing=" or any text after an Objective name or radio message, which are the parts that are difficult to find. You do not want to change any text to the left of the equal signs, since those "link" to same-named items in the mis file... stuff after the equal signs are generally (not always) displayed in-game somewhere...

I'm sure you figured out my shorthand above, but the "Campaign(GE)" is if you are in the US campaign files for a US sub, it is the plain "Campaign" folder, for a German boat, it is the "CampaignGE" folder. In either case, the files are in named folders below the PatrolObjectives folder in the respective Campaigns folders. Depending upon the mod, they might not all be in use. Look in the Flotillas.upc file (Data / UPCData(GE) / UPCCampaignData) and you'll see lines like:
Quote:
[Flotilla 1.UserPlayerUnitType 1.Objective 7]
ID= PH1Obj7
NameDisplayable= Caroline Islands
AvailabilityInterval=1942-01-01, NULL
ObjectiveCode= Caroline Islands
The ObjectiveCode links to an "AllMatch" line in the PatrolObjectives.cfg file in the same folder as the Flotillas.upc file. Using those two files, you can track down all of the PatrolObjectives folders and files that a given mod uses (there are likely several sets of files associated with a given ObjectiveCode / AllMatch link), and limit your translating to those. So if you know you are only going to drive a certain boat, just copy the files associated with it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-03-19 at 11:16 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote