SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-19, 07:00 PM   #1
erahmig
Watch

Downloads: 88
Uploads: 0
Default Time compression at TC > 256

Hey all,

I'm noticing something odd in my campaign patrol. When I left base (Pearl) I could ramp up TC to 2048 or higher and the game would still run smooth as glass. The keyboard was responsive, the mouse was not jerky, etc. The only way to know that time compression was set to something other than "1" was by the speed of my sub on the tactical map or by looking at the TC setting in the lower right corner of the screen.

Somewhere during my patrol something changed. Now, time compression is only really usable up until TC = 256. Anything higher than that and the following things happen:
  • tactical map updates are no longer smooth but stutter
  • the mouse pointer is very "laggy" - i.e. it lags behind the actual mouse movements
  • the keyboard is almost unresponsive. It takes multiple key presses for a key to register.

Because of this it's taking much longer to return from patrol than it did to get to my patrol area. As you might imagine, this is somewhat frustrating.

Has anyone else ever experienced this change in TC behavior during a patrol? Is there anything I can do to fix what's happening?
erahmig is offline   Reply With Quote