SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-04-19, 04:29 PM   #376
Nik05
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Are you submerged? What about F7 key? JSGME screenshot?

F7 works fine, but F8 doesn't worked submerged or when surfaced. I started my save game from Memel multiple times but couldn't get it working. After starting a new Campaign Silent Running does work...

I got the following TWoS mods enabled:
Real Nav
Food stocks
Encrypted orders
Advance verifier testing
Start VIIB
Reduc. Fires and Expl Incr Flooding
Harbor Chimney Smoke
Neutrals Illuminated Only...

I just had another problem. I shot down the Gryf Miner, with my first two torpedo's since a few months, from 4km with only using rough estimated using the ROABF . After that I also shot the destroyer with another torpedo. Right after I start the gramophone to celebrate the game crashes to desktop. But I guess this is just the buggy writing by Ubisoft.

There was an auto save with the destroyer half dead, when loading that one the destroyer is completely alive and heading for me. I shoot another two torpedoes without measuring just guessing and I sunk the damn thing again . With my tubes empty and start to reload and take a torpedo from the external reserve. (I had no idea that would take that long...)
I use TC128 and wait for the loading icon the disappear. Now it was time to had to my new base in Kiel. I start the engines and hear them but my boot keep laying completely still. I try to submerge and use the electrical engines but that also doesn't seem to work. What does happen is my boot leaking and dying almost instantly.

Luckily this time I had a save after killing the destroyer.

Was it SH3(GWX) that the crew was also celebrating the sinking of a ship or should I also hear it in TWoS?

Thank you for the fun game vdr1981, it is real fun again.
Nik05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 12:12 AM   #377
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Did you do save/reload when you appeared in the bunker for the first time Nik05? What about generic patcher (step 2 from install instructions)?
TWoS is very stable and some of the problems you've described really shouldn't be present in correctly installed game.

Regarding your request-no problems. Thank you very much for your donation and happy hunting!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 03:16 AM   #378
Nik05
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Did you do save/reload when you appeared in the bunker for the first time Nik05? What about generic patcher (step 2 from install instructions)?
TWoS is very stable and some of the problems you've described really shouldn't be present in correctly installed game.

Regarding your request-no problems. Thank you very much for your donation and happy hunting!
Yes, I have done the patching with the genric patcher and did the save/reload in bunker. I do have the steam version, which i fixed with the included steam conversion tool. Last year I didn't use that tool but copied sh5.exe from the v1.2 patch myself.

How do I know if my patching has been done correctly? Should I reinstall the game and are there any configs I should delete as well? I think I will do a reinstall again.

Last edited by Nik05; 08-05-19 at 04:08 AM.
Nik05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 03:19 AM   #379
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik05 View Post
How do I know if my patching has been done correctly? Should I reinstall the game and are there any configs I should delete as well? I think I will do a reinstall again. Are there any config files I should delete
No, just follow provided install instructions...
Old 08-06-19, 08:56 AM   #380
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Hey Fitz!
Ingame medals system can not really be mended to required realistic levels. Luckily, we have KSD for that...
But the decorations system doesn´t work at all or, after many many tonnage, puts some medals? It seems doesnt work, it is dead....

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 09:05 AM   #381
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Happy Times, December 1940, east of England coast. I meet a merchant, sunk it, a torpedo boat appears, it damage me before I crash dive.

Then...All (All!) the gauges of the 3D interiors became stuck....Nothing move....

The gauges in the UI (I tried with SH3 style and SH5 style), works as expected.

What is this? Consequence of the light damage? I saved and reloaded, several times, and reinstalled all the game with 2.2.14 full version (previous 2.2.13 with pacth to 2.2.14), and the gauges remain stuck after 2 weeks of navigation. I touched TDW Patcher to put collateral damage out (the two patches required).

Now I see the funkantenne is stuck in low position, and continues to rotate, over the lateral of the conning tower (living with that, but is lightly annoying).

Is this a correlate of the damage received (the crew didn´t repaired the damages after 15 days).

First patrol I see this.

Only TWoS without Real Nav and Enigma, max. realism, and Rusted Glory skin.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 08-06-19, 09:50 AM   #382
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Known issue. That will sometimes happen when certain external equipment is damaged or destroyed, like radio or DF antenna for example. I'll try to trace this down and fix it in the future...Thanks.
Old 08-06-19, 10:53 AM   #383
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Known issue. That will sometimes happen when certain external equipment is damaged or destroyed, like radio or DF antenna for example. I'll try to trace this down and fix it in the future...Thanks.
Also the stuck gauges? The funkantenne is red in the damage screen. After that, all the gauges in the interiors ceased to work, included manual hydrophone (with mouse wheel). All stuck. I continue the patrol with the UI gauges, speed, depth, compass, etc, works.

Many thanks.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 08-06-19, 01:27 PM   #384
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Yes, I was talking about stuck gauges. Hydrophones, if not completely destroyed, should work fine on next game reload
or when repaired.
Old 08-06-19, 05:21 PM   #385
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Yes, I was talking about stuck gauges. Hydrophones, if not completely destroyed, should work fine on next game reload
or when repaired.
OK, many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

Old 08-07-19, 12:13 AM   #386
risen1992
Swabbie

Downloads: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Welcome aboard!

In my installation of TWoS 2.2.14, silent running adjusts automatically the speed to 1 knot. No need to touch the speed manually.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
So seems like its not the bug of TWoS but just some problem with my PC or broken files or something.
risen1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 12:16 AM   #387
risen1992
Swabbie

Downloads: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > risen1992
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Silent running automatically reduces the speed to 1 knot when F8 is used.
When silent running F8 is cancelled the boat will remain at 1 knot until you change the speed.
You can use the keyboard numbers to do this.
I know that. As i said it stop working for me for some reason
risen1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 12:41 PM   #388
RevReese
Watch

Downloads: 98

Hello,
I have just installed SH5 and thought i would try WoS mod.
I have a clean unmodded copy at 1.20
Windows 10 x64 8GB RAM GTX1050

I installed the mod correctly with no errors, pointing it at my copied install (F:\Silent Hunter 5 Wolves of Steel) and it installed the mod no problem.
I then installed the update, again no errors or anything.
Finally I click the sh5.exe within the modded copy of the game and it simply loads the vanilla game and Uplay.

I have tried this twice now from a fresh reinstall, and the same thing happens every time.

No updated splash screen or anything to show the mod is installed.

Can i not use this mod on a separate copy of the game? i wanted to keep a vanilla copy pristine in case i wanted to go back to it for some reason.

I read on here someone else had the same issue and was told it was because he had not followed step 1 (which i have done and correctly told the mod where to install).

Can anyone help me get this mod working as it sounds excellent but right now i am just thinking of uninstalling it and going back to SH3!

Thank you for your time and i apologise in advance if this turns out to be some foolish action on my part! (which it probably is!).
RevReese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 01:57 PM   #389
fire-fox
Chief

Downloads: 70
Default German tanker - Weston approaches

don't know if this will be a Bug
running Twos 2.2.14 (realnav/port smoke/encoded)

Its 08/08/40 07:26 GMT
just inserted an agent of the fatherland! in a next bay to the west of Londonderry. and exiting to the north west.

came across a Intermediate Tanker (3500T) in a SSE/S course doing 11kts.

setup and ready to loss a tin fish but then notice its flying the German flag !?!?!

its in AM53 - 55' 56N/8' 2W (140km nor west of Londonderry). looks like it was making for Londonderry

that cant be right - right ? . . .

Running SH5 @ 100% difficulty + TWoS 2.2.19(RealNav + BDU + port smoke + food) + Carotio_IntercontinentalRadioPack tweaked + The Little Ships of SH5 - Coaster Pack
fire-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 04:01 PM   #390
DasBootSim
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Default The Recognition manual sometimes disappears

Hello.
The recognition manual (SOAN) disappears when I close it by x. This happens when the SOAN right page is on the depth bar.
I suppose SOAN is hiding under the depth bar or goes far to the left because if SOAN above the depth bar, then a tail of SOAN remains (very small).
Helps save/load.
Does anyone know how to return it without save/load?
While me using E to hide SOAN.
Thanks.
ver 2.0.9 with localization.

Last edited by DasBootSim; 08-11-19 at 11:44 AM.
DasBootSim is offline   Reply With Quote