SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-10, 01:10 AM   #16
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Compiled my list of CTD's and Buggy buttons. This list is COMPLETE.

Crash to Desktops (All of these are No Error)

- Button to the right of "Return to Course" in the navagation pannel. I believe this is the search pattern button. I will look later for the file associated with it.

- Crew Icon (Known)

Buggy Buttons and Effect

- All Go To position buttons dont work except the Go To "Command room" which takes you to where your character is standing. The normal response to the "Go To Position" commands is to put you on top of the Observation Periscope but not attached. The Go To Periscopes take you to the head of the Periscope, you can go up and down but no Interface there. Again removal of these buttons for now is more than adequate.

- Recognition Manual is empty and not needed. Randomly popped up during other button testing as well with the external view I believe. Suggest Removal.

-Emergency Right and Emergency Left maneuvers dont work at all. Buttons dont cause crash or weird issues other than not doing anything!

Fixes: The Search Pattern crash and the Emergency Hard Right/Left maneuvers should be relativly easy to fix. I'll look into potential fixes in the script files??? Not sure where to begin really.

None of the other buttons caused issues at all. They all seemed to work just fine

Rocking!
Old 03-05-10, 01:11 AM   #17
Westbroek
Lieutenant

Downloads: 121

Unbelievable work, thank you so much.
I can't believe it's day 3 and I'm already installing JSGME and enabling away.
3 Cheers and get some rest!
W
Old 03-05-10, 01:25 AM   #18
Sgtmonkeynads
Ships Secretary

Downloads: 614

Good deal.

I'm at work right now and can't try it, but I used a " My Menu" mod made for sh4 that let me switch buttons and add ones. Do you think the same mod would let us get rid of those buttons that do not work on your new and way way better interface?

Thank you again for makeing this game playable.
Now, how about auto aim circles for distances further than 1800 meters.
but thats another story

Thanks again!
Old 03-05-10, 01:30 AM   #19
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtmonkeynads View Post
Good deal.

I'm at work right now and can't try it, but I used a " My Menu" mod made for sh4 that let me switch buttons and add ones. Do you think the same mod would let us get rid of those buttons that do not work on your new and way way better interface?

Thank you again for makeing this game playable.
Now, how about auto aim circles for distances further than 1800 meters.
but thats another story

Thanks again!
I'll look into it Downloading the menu moder now. I dont see why it wouldnt work, but at the same time I do see how it wouldnt work :P
Old 03-05-10, 01:33 AM   #20
jimimadrid
spanish graphic guru

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 19

@DarkWraith

You should use my MenuMaker to remove the not usable buttons.
Old 03-05-10, 01:35 AM   #21
Sgtmonkeynads
Ships Secretary

Right on man !
Hope it works, If the interface is the same as sh4 "but different" it should work no problem. Hell, we will even beable to change the button colors then.

I think I'll say I'm sick and go home. Oh well, *cough**cough*

EDIT: Menu Maker is what I was talking about, and thank you for it Jimimadrid!
Old 03-05-10, 01:41 AM   #22
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

No-Go unfortunately, caused a CTD during game load. Sorry gents, SH4 MenuMaker isnt going to do it. SH5's menu's are done a bit differently I'm guessing and it will require manual removal from the files =(
Old 03-05-10, 01:49 AM   #23
R-T-B
Sparky

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPeaceKeeper View Post
No-Go unfortunately, caused a CTD during game load. Sorry gents, SH4 MenuMaker isnt going to do it. SH5's menu's are done a bit differently I'm guessing and it will require manual removal from the files =(
I tried manually removing them but got a CTD as well. Just live with it for now.
Old 03-05-10, 02:53 AM   #24
etheberge
Watch Officer

Uploads: 10

The only people that will not be happy to see this mod are the following:

UBISOFT BUCHAREST
GAME DEVELOPMENT TEAM

INTERFACE & MENUS PROGRAMMERS
Catalin-Alexandru Nastase
Mihai Maerean
Mihai Popescu
Mihai Tudorache

INTERFACE ARTISTS
Giani Cojan
Mihai Adascalitei
Alin Popescu

(I am joking of course, I'm sure these are all fine and talented individuals who simply worked within the guidelines that were sent to them)

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
Old 03-05-10, 03:12 AM   #25
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Looking at those names has me thinking - is "Mihai" the Romanian equivalent of "John" or something?

On topic: Nice work.
Old 03-05-10, 03:15 AM   #26
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

I don't want to be a scrooge, but the layout interface can't be imported into SH5 just like that, simply because it is the most hard-coded part of the SH4 interface and thus the hardest to mod. We first need to learn which are the hard-coded parts both in sh4 and in sh5. It took me 5 minutes to import the entire KiUB screen into the Editor but most functional items like the torpedo buttons, fire button, stadimeter, the old open/close panels, they all need to be relearned and rewired based on what we have in SH5.

Wraith already knows this by now . So please be patient and don't expect this to work instantly.
Old 03-05-10, 03:16 AM   #27
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
Looking at those names has me thinking - is "Mihai" the Romanian equivalent of "John" or something?

On topic: Nice work.
Mihai=Michael

But yea that is funny.

Boss: Mihai?
Yes? Yes? Who me? Yes?
Old 03-05-10, 03:17 AM   #28
Westbroek
Lieutenant

Downloads: 121

Methinks this should be stickied since I'm sure everyone will want it.
Just finished a nice few hours enjoying the new UI without any problems. The hydrophone operator (or sound guy, I guess, sheesh) will even follow contacts now! Go figure!
Cheers again, great work.
Old 03-05-10, 03:18 AM   #29
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I was waiting till you'd show up here and say a thing or two about the TDC and chances of porting over the KiUB to this wholesale

Good news, and yeah... I don't doubt that duplicating SHIV is not the best solution in the long run. On the other hand if it works and is most functional, I would rather play with that for now than wait weeks for a new interface to be designed and hooked up to this... unless someone out there with an alternate SHIII/IV layout is willing to volunteer their mod to be ported over here.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 03-05-10, 03:25 AM   #30
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
I was waiting till you'd show up here and say a thing or two about the TDC and chances of porting over the KiUB to this wholesale

Good news, and yeah... I don't doubt that duplicating SHIV is not the best solution in the long run. On the other hand if it works and is most functional, I would rather play with that for now than wait weeks for a new interface to be designed and hooked up to this... unless someone out there with an alternate SHIII/IV layout is willing to volunteer their mod to be ported over here.
Kiub was mostly made up of custom made items. In other words no chance of ID mixup. I got it working in the game with no errors but it just doesn't DO anything. I can make the dials work but I'm still waiting for a python guru to see how scripting is done. Plus, I get a dll load problem when I try to see scripts. To put things into perspective, when I made Kiub it took me 2 months to go through each item of the interface and see what everything is and how they're used. Once we "crack" the complete workflow and have all the possibilities explained, then we can mod.
Closed Thread