SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-04-22, 03:36 PM   #496
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieLyons View Post
This is probably nothing to do with TMO and your Update, but, it is 16 Dec 1941 and I am en route to Wake Island from Pearl. And, I have received the "Yesterday, December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy" rebroadcast a total of 20 times so far in the Message Log.
Has this issue never been resolved in SH4? I seem to recall it happening in vanilla SH4 many years back when I first bought the game.

Correct, old stock issue, predates my update and original TMO. Although the Roosevelt speech is part of original TMO. I've noticed it happens more often on reload of saved games.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 03:45 PM   #497
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
This is probably nothing to do with TMO and your Update, but, it is 16 Dec 1941 and I am en route to Wake Island from Pearl. And, I have received the "Yesterday, December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy" rebroadcast a total of 20 times so far in the Message Log.
Has this issue never been resolved in SH4? I seem to recall it happening in vanilla SH4 many years back when I first bought the game.
Is a radio station manager, that works with SH4... & is slated to work with ensuring that before you crank up into your SH4... of starting off with the date info located in your save file... so as to properly run radio music...

Will see if I can relocate that info on who made it & where it can be found to download... wanna say it's called Radio Station Manager... I think...

If ya wanna see of doing a search on your own, without waiting... up to you.

M. M.
Old 02-04-22, 04:30 PM   #498
EddieLyons
Watch

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Will see if I can relocate that info on who made it & where it can be found to download... wanna say it's called Radio Station Manager... I think...
I'm already using the Radio Manager. It doesn't seem to affect what appears in the Messages Log, only the audio files you hear if you turn on the radio.

And, Bubblehead is correct: it does seem to be linked to loading saved games. Because I play with relatively low time compression (up to x64), and usually at a rate of one game day per real life day, I have frequent saves and loads.

I'll try a search in the forum. See if I can turn up anything. Thanks!
EddieLyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 05:05 PM   #499
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
I'm already using the Radio Manager. It doesn't seem to affect what appears in the Messages Log, only the audio files you hear if you turn on the radio.

And, Bubblehead is correct: it does seem to be linked to loading saved games. Because I play with relatively low time compression (up to x64), and usually at a rate of one game day per real life day, I have frequent saves and loads.

I'll try a search in the forum. See if I can turn up anything. Thanks!
Ahh... thought from what was mentioned, that it was attuned to the radio replaying that segment, over & over, repeatedly.
Yeah, not sure if there is a fix for text messages... getting repeated like that...

To be frank, haven't really thought about it... as I haven't really noticed it, being an issue.

Think the engine for it, attempts to, on reload of a save, to back track the previous 24 hour's worth, of 'radio' message traffic... I wanna say... but, am not 100% sure on that being the case *shrug* & That's... just a wild hare guess, at best... I do admit. & for some odd reason, for you... it's going back wayyyy much further, than it needs to.

M. M.
Old 02-04-22, 05:27 PM   #500
Xboxman523
Watch

Downloads: 136

Nice sceenshots
Xboxman523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 05:47 PM   #501
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboxman523 View Post
Nice sceenshots

Thanks
Old 02-04-22, 06:37 PM   #502
EddieLyons
Watch

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Think the engine for it, attempts to, on reload of a save, to back track the previous 24 hour's worth, of 'radio' message traffic.
It's pretty bizarre, since other radio messages received don't get repeated like that, only the "Day of infamy" one.

EddieLyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 08:14 PM   #503
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
It's pretty bizarre, since other radio messages received don't get repeated like that, only the "Day of infamy" one.

It is... perplexing... to say the least.

I do know of when I go to reload... that any flash traffic & normal radio messages received... (& think that applies to contacts reported, as well... ) for at least a minimum of 24 hours... will crop back up in that clipboard... & think some show back up in the commands box... just not near as much message wise as the clipboard.

But, have never had that 'day of infamy' part, do repeatedly showing back up, on reloading saves... Not in original TMO, TMO w/Tw's... FotRS-U... or in this rework on TMO, by Bubblehead... & that includes in RSRDC or what's that other 1 that can work with TMO & RSRDC or it & TMO+RSRDC.... heck... drawing a blank here... or last I can think of, though... think with the time it's set up for, is well past 12/7... & that's SubRon 50. So, that 1... shouldn't have any issues with it, as far as I know of... it wouldn't have the shebang in the works... not as the others I mentioned would. Well... except for FotRS. (think the guys, left that message out of the mix, if I'm not mistaken... )

M. M.
Old 02-05-22, 11:04 AM   #504
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:

Do you have any radio mods besides the RSM loaded? There is an ini file for messages, and that particular message might be set (accidentally) to keep repeating. There are two "introduction" blurbs like "We interrupt this program to bring you breaking news.", and if the DOI is named instead, it would be that repeating. Generally, the last message in will repeat when a Save is loaded, but yours seems to be the first message received at the beginning of the game.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 12:23 PM   #505
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

I need help. I can not complete a harbour photo mission.

In my current patrol, I already done one and Comsubpac send me to another one.

Normally there is one unit that when taking the photo, triggers the mission complete status. This time, no. I have 3 ships and a landed hydroplane (thought that was the unit), but locking the periscope to each one the units, id and taking a picture, there is no complete status.

Stock game bug? Or form this mod? And besides that, any advice to complete the mission?

Or I just go beserk, surface the boat and decide to go all in, guns and torpedoes blazing?
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 03:39 PM   #506
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 434
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post

Or I just go beserk, surface the boat and decide to go all in, guns and torpedoes blazing?
ah, no, do not do that, unless you are playing the kamikaze role.

more than likely, you are playing a photo mission that BH has not modified. your mission is either Stock or TMO 2.5 where some photo missions are not armed with the proper ships to photograph which results in your experience.

in an effort to help BH, do you know how to find the mission id in the CareerTrack.UPC file?
if you do, reply with that and i am sure he will put it on the list of missions to be upgraded in future releases.

as far as this mission is concerned, you will probably not be able to complete it, so leave the harbor and go sink some ships. that is the best you can do.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 04:27 PM   #507
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:

In my current patrol, I already done one and Comsubpac send me to another one.

Normally there is one unit that when taking the photo, triggers the mission complete status. This time, no. I have 3 ships and a landed hydroplane (thought that was the unit), but locking the periscope to each one the units, id and taking a picture, there is no complete status.

Stock game bug? Or form this mod? And besides that, any advice to complete the mission?

Yes, definitely do not do that lol.

I was unable to update/fix patrol objectives in the first release, so unfortunately many of the stock/old TMO photo missions which had bugs were left in. In the soon to be released V 2.0, I have added about 30 new patrol objectives, and revamped a lot of the existing ones, especially the special missions, such as photo recon. No more generic, hollywood-esque missions. I've also worked to make sure this bug is solved, so far, so good.

For your current situation, I would just stop, write it off as one of those unable to achieve that command gave you (think June 1942 after Midway, when Nautilus was sent off coast and Honshu and supposed to bombard the Emperor's Summer Palace, got there and found it was not really doable, ended up patrolling and sinking the destroyer Yamakaze instead, proceeding one of the wars best known submarine photographs, and the first combat photograph taken through a US submarine periscope.)

Yes, I'd scrap the photo recon, go find some ships to sink.
Old 02-07-22, 09:25 AM   #508
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post

Yes, I'd scrap the photo recon, go find some ships to sink.

It was what i did. I took my revenge on one merchant that was there and went away to more richer grounds.
Old 02-08-22, 09:40 PM   #509
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
It was what i did. I took my revenge on one merchant that was there and went away to more richer grounds.

Nice
Old 02-09-22, 07:58 AM   #510
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

And manage to get my first ship with the type 18. Found a small convoy, shoot my last 3 torpedoes, one 14 to the first ship and the last two 18 to the other.

The convoy was give has medium speed. I did the 3m with the map, 9knts.

Did 3m and used the fire controls, 13 knts. Hmmm, but the bow spray on that lead merchant...

I shot the fishes, the 14 passed in front of the bow, arrgghhhh. The speed was wrong again....
And then, torpedo impact. They hit the rear. Lovely...

Question about the career lengths. In game and the in real life.

In game, I already didn't accepted a desk job, but after 2 years. I think I began march 42, my last patrol was December of 43, going to another one early 44.

And in real live, what was the normal length for a command of a submarine?