SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-07, 05:03 PM   #1
RickC Sniper
Undetectable

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0
Default Little help please

First, let me thank you for the great work you guys do for the community.

I am attempting to use JSME for the first time. I used quite a few mods with SH3 but installed them the hard way.

I installed JSME as instructed (I think) but when I attempted to install 3 mods only one was actually enabled. (The smaller chronograph) The others did not take as I still have mouse scrolling and the colors did not change on the toolbar. (no green when a button is pushed.

Here are pics of the utility and the folders created.

And here are the files that JSME changed.

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Navmap mod for SH4 v1.1\Documentation\SH4 NavMap mod.txt is new!
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Navmap mod for SH4 v1.1\Documentation\Readme.txt is new!
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Navmap mod for SH4 v1.1\Data\Menu\menu_1024_768.ini is new!
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\GreenLamp\Data\Menu\Gui\Layout\ReplayEleme nts.tga is new!
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\GreenLamp\Data\Menu\Gui\Layout\ReplayEleme nts.dds is new!
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\GreenLamp\Data\Menu\Gui\Layout\HUD_Adversa rialMode.tga is new!
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\GreenLamp\Data\Menu\Gui\Layout\HUD.tga is new!
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\GreenLamp\Data\Menu\Gui\Layout\HUD.dds is new!
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Menu\menu_1024_768.ini has changed!

I must be missing something but I have no idea what?

Any ideas? And thanks in advance!
RickC

Support Subsim http://www.subsim.com/store.html
RickC Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 08:44 PM   #2
RickC Sniper
Undetectable

Default TEC help

bump*

Old 03-26-07, 09:04 PM   #3
Barkhorn1x
Captain

Downloads: 59

Rick:

Your set-up looks correct to me and it is odd that the others are not working.

Here is what I suggest - back them out - and check to see that the first sub directory string for GreenLamp is Data/Menu/Gui/Layout - and that there are 5 files in the Layout directory - 2 DDS and 3 TGA.

If that is so then enable it again and see if it works. There should be some green buttons on just about every station.
Barkhorn1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 09:08 PM   #4
Barkhorn1x
Captain

If that doesn't work then try saving your mods to another folder - remove the JSGME program and re-installing.
Old 03-27-07, 12:05 AM   #5
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 46

Hi,

I think the problem is pretty much what, i think, Barkhorn1x is trying to say if I understand him correctly. When I try to explain things I try to be very specific, because tech support can be very hard to understand in writing. It's a lot easier when you're there in person of course.

It's really great that you posted a screenshot of the folders you have then what files were changed! I'm pretty sure what the problem is. Ok, here I go with my attempt at describing it...

The reason some mods you have did not take is because they are in nested folders. I bet if you open up the...

'Navmap no_scrolling_mod_for_SH4_v1_1'

folder, you will find that it contains another folder named...

'Navmap mod for SH4 v1.1'

What you need to do is...

1) Deactivate the mod

2) After deactivating, if there is a folder named 'Navmap no_scrolling_mod_for_SH4_v1_1' in your SH4 root folder, delete it. This step was just to keep a tidy house.

3) Now go back to the MODS folder and open up the 'Navmap no_scrolling_mod_for_SH4_v1_1' folder. Now move the 'Navmap mod for SH4 v1.1' folder up one level(into the MODS folder).

4) To keep your house tidy, delete the now empty Navmap no_scrolling_mod_for_SH4_v1_1' folder.

5) Now you are ready to activate the 'Navmap mod for SH4 v1.1' mod.

For the greenlamp mod, deactivate the mod. Open up the greenlamp folder, and inside of it you will most likely find a folder named, ahem, greenlamp. Move that folder to a Temp folder. Go back to the MODS folder and delete the now empty greenlamp folder. Then move the greenlamp folder from the Temp folder back into the MODS folder and active it. Again, check you root SH4 folder, if there is a 'greenlamp' folder in there then delete it to keep your hosue clean.

A simpler method would be to go into the MODS folder and move the nested greenlamp folder up one level(after you deactivated it of course), at which point you will be prompted to overwrite a directory that has the same name. Click yes to overwrite and you should now have a greenlamp folder with a 'Data' folder inside of it, instead of a greenlamp within a greenlamp folder.

Because of some modders making nested folders YOU NEED TO CHECK EVERY MOD AFTER UNZIPPING IT, PRIOR TO ACTIVATING IT WITH JSGME.

Personally, I would never make nested folders and always make my mods such that it is ready to be unzipped right into the MODS folder ready to be activated. It can be confusing when some mods are ready to be unzipped right into the MODS folder ready for activation and some are not. Regardless of the nested folder issue and having to ckeck for them, JSGME mods are a really good thing.

Note that you may ocassionally come across a mod that just contains a 'Data' folder. In such a case you need to...

1) Go into the MODS folder and create a folder for the mod(name the folder with what the mods does).

2) Then unzip it into the folder you made in Step 1.

Hope that helps
"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.

Last edited by OneTinSoldier; 03-27-07 at 12:22 AM.
OneTinSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 01:31 PM   #6
RickC Sniper
Undetectable

Thanks guys, the light bulb in my head finally lit up. Working like a charm now.

You guys

Old 03-27-07, 03:36 PM   #7
Barkhorn1x
Captain

One Tin Soldier's explanation was indeed clearer - and I thought that too many "nested" was your issue - and I should have figured that out when I saw them copied to your SHIV root directory.

All's well that ends well.
Old 03-27-07, 04:05 PM   #8
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 46

Yep.
"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.
OneTinSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote