SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-11, 06:16 AM   #1
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0
Default Battlestations sound mod 1.1

Tired of hearing just clicks when the crew should be yelling alarm? Felt asleep during your last depth charge run? Well this is your mod then! The point of this modification is to make the fighting more exciting and dramatic, it shouldn't be just mathematics! Battlestations SM edits sounds, adds new ones and creates dramatically more intense soundscapes during the fights and repairs. The mod is suggested to be used with some bigger sound mod in the background. Now with Stormy's DBSM 1.2 support (see the bottom of the page). Note: Battlestations Sound Mod 1.1 is partially integrated to Stormflys DBSM 1.3.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
v.1.1 Battlestations Sound Mod by Rongel (german version)

version 1.1

-Created completely new random ambient/repair sounds that start when the sub is visually damaged (steam, water, sparks).
-Includes Rongel's and Stormfly's "Wasserbomben!" sound fix (version 1.1).
-Added more variations to depth charge sounds. Now there is three different DC sounds inside and two outside that shuffle randomly.
-Changed the sound of the airplane gun watersplash effect.
-Added background sound effects to several damage reports.
-Added ambient sounds to "Warning started" and "Warning expires" states.
-Tweaked the whole thing.

version 1.02

-Added background sound effects to several damage reports.
-Added sub damaged-sounds that were missing in the stock game.
-Added 3 different and more intense audio clips to "Man the deck gun!" -shortcut key.
-Added 3 different and more intense audio clips to "Man the flak gun!" -shortcut key.
-Added 3 different and more intense audio clips to "Fire at will!" -shortcut key.

version 1.01

-Added "Battlestations" text to log when enabling or disabling Battlestations.
-Fixed silent running sounds: now when enabling or disabling silent running by F8 you will hear the right stock enabled/disabled speeches.Removed custom sounds from silent running.

version 1.0

-Changed the HUD_ability_started.wav to alerted ambient sounds.
-Changed the HUD_ability_expired.wav to relaxed ambient sounds.
-Made new sounds to default shortcut keys F5-F8 (man the deck gun, man the flak gun, battlestations, silent running):
-3 different versions of F7 Battlestations-sound (depending crews state: normal, tension, whisper)
-2 different versions of F5 and F6 Man the guns-sounds (depending crews state: normal, tension)
-1 version of the F8 silent running sound
-Made 3 different and intense "Airplane spotted!" sounds.

Known bugs:

-There is no on/off sounds for Battlestations-command due to restraints of the game (and my modding ability).
The same audio will repeat even if the ability is disabled. Please ask Executive Officer to disable battle stations manually!
-Some sounds may not appear in game because the different key mappings that people use!

Install:

This mod needs to change Baza_FX_Sounds.dsd, Sounds_FX.dsd and Sh.sdl in order to work. It's compatible with FX_Update ByTheDarkWraith and the Magnum Opus which changes sh.sdl too. I suggest you take a backup of these files before installing. You can find the files in SH5/data/sounds/ and SH5/data/library/. All other sounds will install automatically with JSGME but the "Battle Stations!" audio needs to be added manually:

1. Go to your currently activated commands.cfg -file (default location SH5/data/cfg/commands.cfg) and take a backup copy of it.
2. Open commands.cfg with notepad and go to the bottom of the page.
3. Find [Cmd576]. Now add the following sound data under ability_3. This is what it should look like:

[Cmd576]
Name=Ability_3
Contexts=1
Key0=0x76,,"F7"
Sound_0=ELO_Helm,MC_CR_SO_01_A,6275

4. Done! Save the file and Install the mod with JSGME.

Credits and Thanks:

Sounds that are used in this mod are mostly from SH5 game files and Dasboot-movie but some parts of some sounds are from the winkelmander's Dasboot Sound Mod 1.5. Special thanks to Stormfly for fixing the "Wasserbomben" sound fix!

Download Battlestations 1.1 (.7z-file):
http://www.mediafire.com/?4haf0dg77xt1q6k

Download compatibility patch to Stormy's DBSM 1.2: http://www.filefront.com/17891873/Battlestations_soundmod_1.1_Stormy's_DBSM_patch.7z
JSGME ready. Install first Battlestations 1.1 and apply this patch over it. Compatability means here that it uses Stormy's Sh.sdl file as a base and doesn't change his sound settings. It will overwrite some sounds. This patch includes Stormy's version of the "Wasserbomben" sound fix.

Youtube preview video:

Last edited by Rongel; 12-02-12 at 01:53 PM.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 08:53 AM   #2
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

thanks
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 05:39 AM   #3
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Update 1.02!

It's getting bigger! Found more audio that were left out from the game and tweaked the whole thing. I made this first of all to myself but thought that why not offer this little mod to everyone. Many of the bigger soundmods have long audioclips and I think that sometimes they don't work so well (when there's lot of action going on some sounds are not played at all or played too late) so I've tried to keep it simple and close to the stock.

Watch the preview and tell me what you think!
Old 01-18-11, 10:46 AM   #4
Captain Can
Soundman

Downloads: 65

Rongel this is a very cool small audio mod. its nice to hear those 'ALARMMMMMMM' shouts when you are in action.

it seems like you have a good taste for ears. Please continue to expand this mod in time.
Old 01-18-11, 01:40 PM   #5
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Thanks Captain!

Yes, I think that I will continue with this, more shouting, more tension, more things that go boom! Right now I'm trying to make the airplane guns sound better, but it seems really difficult. From the start that sound has annoyed me. Has anyone else succeeded in this? DBSM has better sounding guns than the stock, but it seems the system used here is very limited. There should be bullets bouncing from the deck and so on and not just this weird water splashing all around. In fact I can't even hear the enemy planes guns at all, only when I zoomed really close I could hear it.

PS. I uploaded the file again, because for some reason my zip-software decided to make the HUD_ability_expired.wav-file longer, and it wouldn't play at all! So it should work now when you disable battle stations or any other ability.
Old 01-18-11, 08:51 PM   #6
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Downloads: 26

Hello..can you tell me what mod is used to see the german battle flag on the uboat during cruising? thanks...p.s. I have nstalled the english version..will this mod work still with the english version installed..or must I uninstall and install the german version of the game?
ingsoc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 02:59 AM   #7
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Hi ingsoc84!

The flag is from TDW's Sub Flag Mod, you can find it here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=167037

My mod will work with the english speech, but ofcourse it's going to be bit messy. I'd suggest you switch to german speech, I don't personally know german language but it really doesn't matter that much, and the immersion is waaay better than with the english speech. And you learn a bit. You don't need to re-install, there is a mod that switches the audio. I think it is here:http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru...hp?topic=519.0

And after that, you must also apply KarlKoch's speech fix mod, it adds many audio things that were missing in the game, it has even english version. Here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174063

PS. ...more shouting, more tension, more things that go boom! I think I put that a bit wrong, this is no Hollywood action mod! I try to make it realistic and close to the world of Das Boot. Submarine shouldn't be like some ultra clean spaceship, but a metal tank full of sweat, anger and fear!
Old 01-19-11, 03:54 PM   #8
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

Does this mod play "ALAAARRRM!" automaticly when aircraft spotted>?

Or is that you manually pressing the aformentioned button required to play the sound?

If i saw aircraft, i would scream alarm. Looking for a mod that does this automaticly.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 01:52 AM   #9
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Hi ingsoc84!

The flag is from TDW's Sub Flag Mod, you can find it here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=167037

My mod will work with the english speech, but ofcourse it's going to be bit messy. I'd suggest you switch to german speech, I don't personally know german language but it really doesn't matter that much, and the immersion is waaay better than with the english speech. And you learn a bit. You don't need to re-install, there is a mod that switches the audio. I think it is here:http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru...hp?topic=519.0

And after that, you must also apply KarlKoch's speech fix mod, it adds many audio things that were missing in the game, it has even english version. Here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174063

PS. ...more shouting, more tension, more things that go boom! I think I put that a bit wrong, this is no Hollywood action mod! I try to make it realistic and close to the world of Das Boot. Submarine shouldn't be like some ultra clean spaceship, but a metal tank full of sweat, anger and fear!

Great..thanks..I speak german.so that would work fine..didnt know I didnt have to uninstall and r einstall to switch to german dialogue..would be great..I clicked on the link you mentioned to instal the mod to switch to german audio..but i would not load..any ideas? thanks
ingsoc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 03:11 AM   #10
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Does this mod play "ALAAARRRM!" automaticly when aircraft spotted>?

Or is that you manually pressing the aformentioned button required to play the sound?

If i saw aircraft, i would scream alarm. Looking for a mod that does this automaticly.
Hi! Yes, this will play "Alarm!" automaticly when enemy airplane is spotted. There are three variations of the alarm sound based on the crews state (normal, tension, whisper) but they all are much more intense than the stock version. It will also play different kind of "Alarm!" when you are under attack (airplane is firing you for example).

Quote:
Great..thanks..I speak german.so that would work fine..didnt know I didnt have to uninstall and r einstall to switch to german dialogue..would be great..I clicked on the link you mentioned to instal the mod to switch to german audio..but i would not load..any ideas? thanks
I saw that you got help already in other thread! Hope it works!
Old 01-20-11, 03:34 AM   #11
-PriLLi-
A-ganger

Downloads: 98

Hey Rongel....
Your Mod works fine, and sound´s pretty nice
Great stuff Dude.....we need more more more....please....
-PriLLi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 04:51 AM   #12
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Wow, that is just so awesome then, I cant wait to try it out! Before i'd be like

"Okay time to dive"

but now ill be running and screaming

"DIVE DIVE DEEPER DAMNIT!"
Old 01-21-11, 10:41 PM   #13
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

hello again,

what zip program opens this file?

WINZIP and 7zip say they cannot open the file.

EDIT:
Winrar worked
Old 01-22-11, 05:38 AM   #14
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Quote:
hello again,

EDIT:
Winrar worked
It's packed with Winrar, but didn't know that other programs couldn't open it! I'll try to make it more unpacker friendly in the next version.
Old 01-22-11, 04:10 PM   #15
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
hello again,

EDIT:
Winrar worked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
It's packed with Winrar, but didn't know that other programs couldn't open it! I'll try to make it more unpacker friendly in the next version.
I can´t open the Archive with 7-zip too !

Please Rongel, upload a Version that we can opn with 7-zip !

Best regards,
Magic

Tags
deutschmod