Old 12-10-19, 10:39 PM   #8236
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
A question to my American friends

From what you have read and heard during this progress, incl. the hearing.

Are you convinced he is:

1. Guilty ?

or he is:

2. Not Guilty ?

I'm not interested in lots of links, but what you are personally convinced he is.

Markus
The only thing presented so far as evidence has been hearsay and opinion, until there is either direct evidence, or a witness with direct knowledge of the alleged incident, the verdict has to be not guilty
Old 12-11-19, 12:57 AM   #8237
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I like what Starr has to say here despite loathing Tucker's smarmy snotty boy perpetually offended persona.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...&fr=crmas&tt=b

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 12-11-19, 01:31 AM   #8238
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

American politics are very inspiring to me. They remind me that my country could be doing a lot worse.

But seriously, hope things improve for you guys soon.

Last edited by Cybermat47; 12-11-19 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-11-19, 04:23 AM   #8239
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

<O>
Old 12-11-19, 09:34 AM   #8240
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

If there is a singular point to the release of Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz's report it is not what the left wing MSM has focused on. The report did find that there was no political bias in the launch of the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Take that however you may but the big story is about Christopher Steele's dossier. The report makes clear the dossier never had even a shred of credibility. People beleive what they see is true because that is what they believe.

Quote:
Like the much-ballyhooed report by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, the Horowitz report is a Rorschach test, in which partisans will find what they want to find.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-media-924944/

Horowitz's report debunks long held claims by both the left and the right. But it paints a damning picture of an incompetent FBI and it's leadership. And central to that was their view of the Steele dossier.

Quote:
Press figures have derided the idea that Steele was crucial to the FISA application, with some insisting it was only a “small part” of the application. Horowitz is clear:

"We determined that the Crossfire Hurricane team’s receipt of Steele’s election reporting on September 19, 2016 played a central and essential role in the FBI’s and Department’s decision to seek the FISA order."

The report describes how, prior to receiving Steele’s reports, the FBI General Counsel (OGC) and/or the National Security Division’s Office of Intelligence (OI) wouldn’t budge on seeking FISA authority. But after getting the reports, the OGC unit chief said, “receipt of the Steele reporting changed her mind on whether they could establish probable cause.”
Horowitz's report also gives a different view on another widely held belief of some Democrats and members of the media. And that was about the memo released by Rep. Devin Nunes which was widely derided after it came out in Jan. 2018.

Quote:
There was gnashing of teeth when Nunes first released his memo in January, 2018. The press universally crapped on his letter, with a Washington Post piece calling it a “joke” and a “sham.” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi slammed Nunes for the release of a “bogus” document, while New York Senator Chuck Schumer said the memo was intended to “sow conspiracy theories and attack the integrity of federal law enforcement.” Many called for his removal as Committee chair.

The Horowitz report says all of that caterwauling was off-base. It also undercuts many of the assertions made in a ballyhooed response letter by Nunes counterpart Adam Schiff, who described the FBI’s “reasonable basis” for deeming Steele credible. The report is especially hostile to Schiff’s claim that the FBI “provided additional information obtained through multiple independent sources that corroborated Steele’s reporting.”
My hope is that those in the media and certain politicians should pay a price for being so wrong and believing anything in Steele's dossier without some serious investigation first. And Mr. Steele, well he should apologize and then go away quietly.

Quote:
As a result, a “well-developed conspiracy” theory based on a report that Comey described as “salacious and unverified material that a responsible journalist wouldn’t report without corroborating,” became the driving news story in a superpower nation for two years. Even the New York Times, which published a lot of these stories, is in the wake of the Horowitz report noting Steele’s role in “unleashing a flood of speculation in the news media about the new president’s relationship with Russia.”

No matter what people think the political meaning of the Horowitz report might be, reporters who read it will know: Anybody who touched this nonsense in print should be embarrassed.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 12-11-19, 12:03 PM   #8241
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
A question to my American friends

From what you have read and heard during this progress, incl. the hearing.

Are you convinced he is:

1. Guilty ?

or he is:

2. Not Guilty ?

I'm not interested in lots of links, but what you are personally convinced he is.

Markus
Of high crimes and misdemeanor? Nope. The House has nothing. It is a word game. First is quid pro quo. That did not drive support. Bribery! People understand that and certainly Americans can get behind bribery charges. Well, they can't prove bribery. So, let just go for abuse of power. Sorry, I don't see it. So does most of America. Obstruction of Congress. Ok, sure....however is this a high crime and misdemeanor? Maybe a misdemeanor but certainly not enough to remove a sitting president.

This entire ordeal is politically driven and has been since the day Trump was sworn in.
Old 12-11-19, 12:05 PM   #8242
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
American politics are very inspiring to me. They remind me that my country could be doing a lot worse.

But seriously, hope things improve for you guys soon.
They will improve when this nonsense of impeachment is done.
Old 12-11-19, 12:36 PM   #8243
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Breaking News: Donald Trump pulls his hair out

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...azy/ar-AAK1pEh

Why Time picking Greta Thunberg will drive Donald Trump crazy

Quote:
On Wednesday morning, Time magazine announced that teen climate
activist Greta Thunberg was its person of the year.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 12-11-19, 01:06 PM   #8244
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Obstruction of Congress. Ok, sure....however is this a high crime and misdemeanor? Maybe a misdemeanor but certainly not enough to remove a sitting president.
I think Dwight Eisenhower was the first president to invoke executive privilege. Back then he used it close another screwed up chapter in American politics and bring to an end Senator Joe McCarthy's fishing expedition for Russians. Of McCarthy's fishing expedition Eisenhower wrote: “It is a sad commentary on our government when such a manifestly useless and spurious thing can divert our attention from all the constructive work in which we could and should be engaged.”

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 12-11-19, 03:41 PM   #8245
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I think Dwight Eisenhower was the first president to invoke executive privilege. Back then he used it close another screwed up chapter in American politics and bring to an end Senator Joe McCarthy's fishing expedition for Russians. Of McCarthy's fishing expedition Eisenhower wrote: “It is a sad commentary on our government when such a manifestly useless and spurious thing can divert our attention from all the constructive work in which we could and should be engaged.”
The entire process is setting a very bad precedence. The Constitution states the following: "The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." Unpacking this statement the word "other" is equating high crimes and misdemeanors on the same level as treason and bribery. Again, the Democrats pushing the "bribery" when quid pro quo fizzled out. As such, the Democrats are now considering obstruction and abuse of power on the same level as treason and bribery. What will be next? Parking ticket is on the same level as bribery?
Old 12-11-19, 04:00 PM   #8246
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

So... Should we keelhaul President Trump or just draw & quarter him?
Old 12-11-19, 04:07 PM   #8247
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Breaking News: Donald Trump pulls his hair out

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...azy/ar-AAK1pEh

Why Time picking Greta Thunberg will drive Donald Trump crazy
How dare he......

Old 12-11-19, 04:10 PM   #8248
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
So... Should we keelhaul President Trump or just draw & quarter him?
Neither. He has not done anything. However, if he has they sure can't prove it.
Old 12-11-19, 04:46 PM   #8249
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Maybe we'll just reelect him.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 12-11-19, 07:04 PM   #8250
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Neither. He has not done anything. However, if he has they sure can't prove it.
I was being facetious.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter