SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-06-16, 09:55 AM   #1711
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
The sea parade would be awesome...
Do you have access to the FotRS UE Team top-secret hush-hush Area 51 Google Drive? If you do, under the WIP folder is MaruParade.7z for your attempted use. Missing from the little parade is KLCS Nagar, NPL Hap, KMSS JP, KMSS WM, and ECT Hansa. They do not show up in the catalog of ships for use. I'm not sure if the ones you'll see here (if it doesn't crash on you) are the ones you're expecting. They all do fly the meatball flag, and the first three in each line will take torpedo hits and not cause a CTD... - I'd better qualify that: at least, not on my computer...

I cannot get the sub tender or the NACA4 "imported". The game will crash while loading, with an implication of the SimData.dll in the game's root directory. I'm not sure of that, since Windows just blames whatever segment is doing the call, not the actual "trespasser"... Anyway, my install of the mods might be different from yours, and can therefore cause issues for the Mission Editor. I'm sure cdrsubron7 can do one way better than mine, with all the ships involved, doing loop-de-loops inside of each others' routes...

If you don't have access, let me know, and I'll throw up a temporary share to my dropbox.

Any of you other team members, if you would, be sure and look at the bottom of page 114 for Hitman's question...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 10:26 AM   #1712
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Roger that.

Can be done, but will take a little time. Will work on both of these tonight.

Have a tee time again with the Admiral this morning and I imagine there will be drinks at the Royal Hawaiian again also.

I will look at the base mod next and sort those names next..

What naming convention could we use for warships?
Old 09-06-16, 10:41 AM   #1713
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Do you have access to the FotRS UE Team top-secret hush-hush Area 51 Google Drive? If you do, under the WIP folder is MaruParade.7z for your attempted use.
S7rikeback is a full-fledged member of the team with all rights and privileges!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 01:26 PM   #1714
propbeanie

Quote:
First of all, don't anyone panic, this ship pictured below is in an OLD mission file from when Maddy and his gang were testing things. I'm just wanting to see if I've got it recognized correctly and that it's the one in the ships we have:

versus:

One and the same, correct?...
OK, I'm going through the capture sequence I have of this mission ("Saved" Replay), and while the ship has not gotten dressed yet in this particular version of the mission, I'm wondering if anyone has encountered the top screen grab version, and sunk it? The bottom one, when I found it and sank it in the Single Mission file RakJap7 from AOTD_MadMax, blew up rather easily and broke in two with one torp. Not so bad, it's a tanker, full of fuel. However, the engine sound was still going, as the stern slipped beneath the waves, and continued to sound as it went deep below the level of light, and I lost sight of it, trying to follow it down. Props were not animated, but stone cold still. I'm going to make a test mission with some ships, and see what they all do. I'm also looking for lifeboats and survivors...

Old 09-06-16, 02:45 PM   #1715
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
It's a bit confusing to follow the progress when you don't watch the thread daily ... is there a master list of new ships added? I just would love to see the merchant marine expand, and I have spotted some nice additions along the thread, but I am not sure if some existed already and have simply been given a new skin. I hope you guys find a way to add the merchants I created, and covert some from IABL's MFM for SH3. What this game really needed was a better representation of the huge and varied japanese merchant fleet -something that made your crew earn their money when using ONI208
Quote:
Hitman, I'm not sure if we have a complete list of all the ships in the base mod in one place sorted out yet, but they are part of an xls spreadsheet... Just figure that all of the ships that were in the FotRS mods that AOTD-MadMax had are in there in the base mod, including the ones that he left out between versions. There are ships imported from SHIII, I'm not sure about yours yet though, but that was a topic of discussion before. We'd have to wait for the "mechanics" who've been wrenching on the ships to let us know, or else Rockin Robbins...

A lot of the "different" ships you're seeing might be max-peck and his Razzle Dazzle mod on top of the existing ships. There are other additions though, and s7rikeback and cdrsubron7 are working on an optional add-on mod where they are attempting to add the Maru nomenclature to the Japanese Merchant fleet, and keep the ships that fly foreign flags that use the same 3D model, by duplicating one or the other. I'm sure we'll have a final list shortly that someone can publish. Suffice to say, there will most likely have to be some tweaking of the campaign files to bring some into action...
Good evening Hitman,

As propbeanie has mentioned above nearly all the vessels are already in the FotRS mods that AOTD-MadMax had created..

All I have done is:
  • Rename 37 ships to a maru class name structure.
  • Out of those 37 ships, I have then cloned 20 ships so that we can use them in other rosters with their generic class names.
  • I have managed to float and sail the NACA4 from AOTD-MadMax, by cloning the NACA3 roster file and making edits to match the NACA4. Permission would be needed by AOTD-MadMax before we could include this in game as there is no readme enclosed.
  • Special request from cdrsubron7 to also have a IJN Sub Tender, again this was cloned from the American Sub Tender.
  • I also have a few ships in testing from a mod pack called "ship pack1" from Miner1436 - But again permission would be needed if we used any of them.
You mention that you have merchants we could use, would you be kind enough to give me a link to those files?
As looking in my SH4 mod library I only have a AdenMaru_V11 & Ansyu with file types i'm unfamiliar with..

How easy would it be to convert an SH3 ship into SH4?

Regards,
s7rikeback
Old 09-06-16, 03:02 PM   #1716
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Do you have access to the FotRS UE Team top-secret hush-hush Area 51 Google Drive? If you do, under the WIP folder is MaruParade.7z for your attempted use. Missing from the little parade is KLCS Nagar, NPL Hap, KMSS JP, KMSS WM, and ECT Hansa. They do not show up in the catalog of ships for use. I'm not sure if the ones you'll see here (if it doesn't crash on you) are the ones you're expecting. They all do fly the meatball flag, and the first three in each line will take torpedo hits and not cause a CTD... - I'd better qualify that: at least, not on my computer...

I cannot get the sub tender or the NACA4 "imported". The game will crash while loading, with an implication of the SimData.dll in the game's root directory. I'm not sure of that, since Windows just blames whatever segment is doing the call, not the actual "trespasser"... Anyway, my install of the mods might be different from yours, and can therefore cause issues for the Mission Editor. I'm sure cdrsubron7 can do one way better than mine, with all the ships involved, doing loop-de-loops inside of each others' routes...

If you don't have access, let me know, and I'll throw up a temporary share to my dropbox.

Any of you other team members, if you would, be sure and look at the bottom of page 114 for Hitman's question...
That parade was fantastic, Thank you very much.
Old 09-06-16, 03:14 PM   #1717
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109

I have Ada, Aden and Ansyu Maru:

https://www.mediafire.com/#9mt1aqnu21x9l

I thought the format was recognized by Silent Editor but it has been so long since I did them ... IIRC I think they can be converted to 3DS or another popular format with Wings 3D or Blender.

If you have 37 merchant ships, that looks fantastic
Old 09-06-16, 03:55 PM   #1718
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I have Ada, Aden and Ansyu Maru:

https://www.mediafire.com/#9mt1aqnu21x9l

I thought the format was recognized by Silent Editor but it has been so long since I did them ... IIRC I think they can be converted to 3DS or another popular format with Wings 3D or Blender.

If you have 37 merchant ships, that looks fantastic
Hitman, that link sends me straight to the sign in page, or if I log in i'm taken to my own directories..
Old 09-06-16, 04:46 PM   #1719
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Hitman, that link sends me straight to the sign in page, or if I log in i'm taken to my own directories..

I have the ships in question on my HD, I can upload them to Area 51 for you s7trikback if you'd like me to?

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 09-06-16 at 05:24 PM.
cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 04:47 PM   #1720
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Do I still need to make up parade of the merchants for you to look at, s7trikback?

Old 09-06-16, 04:58 PM   #1721
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

NACA4

Lima Maru

As you requested, s7trikback.

Old 09-06-16, 05:55 PM   #1722
propbeanie

Quote:
You are more than welcome. Did you put any holes in anything?... As a side note to that, the column on your right hand will circle counter-clockwise, and the one on your left will circle clockwise, and if I'm remembering correctly (yikes!) the circle is about 18-20km across... so it takes a while. It's like a 45-60 minute drive just to get to 'em, and they're doing like 5 knots...

Quote:
Do I still need to make up parade of the merchants for you to look at, s7trikback?
My double circle parade was short like 5 ships, as listed above, so definitely try to make one sir, and see if you find similar results. That would indicate a problem if the ships are not in the (Sears) catalog...

That 38 MKFM Maru, other than a skinny stack, looks pretty close.

Old 09-06-16, 06:01 PM   #1723
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
That 38 MKFM Maru, other than a skinny stack, looks pretty close.
Not familiar with this one.

Old 09-06-16, 07:07 PM   #1724
propbeanie

Quote:
Not familiar with this one.
The upper left corner of the page designation, which ~should~ be MFKM... I have no idea *who* that was typing earlier...

Old 09-06-16, 07:48 PM   #1725
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

My new desktop while I decide what to do about my Windows installation:

Lots of great stuff I don't understand going on. Go guys, go!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote