Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-16, 06:17 PM   #2056
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi macjim
Windowed mode is set in Options > Graphics, there should be a tick box for it.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 10:05 AM   #2057
macjim
Sailor man

Downloads: 23
Default saved games and windowed mode

I've installed WOS Mod. Things are okay but ...

even though I uninstalled, ran Cclean, deleted all references to SH and Ubsoft, when I run the game I still have all my saved games. Is Uplay storing them on a server somewhere? Is this a problem.

I am unable to run in windowed mode. I've checked the box in the options. using the 8x5 res patch
http://imgur.com/HBLQVKT

I'm not able to use the stadimeter. I've located the button on the TDC (above the range dial) but it doesn't seem to do anything. What do I do after I click the button.

Last edited by macjim; 07-07-16 at 10:55 AM.
macjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 02:35 PM   #2058
THEBERBSTER

Hi macjim
If you are playing online then your old games will still be in the game launcher.
The uninstall process does not uninstall your SH5 saved games folder unless you instruct it to.
These old saved games are not compatible with TWOS.

The stadimeter becomes available when you lock on to a target with the space bar.

Do not know about the windowed mode, it may be the TWOS resolution mod has an influence on it?
Peter
Old 07-07-16, 03:57 PM   #2059
macjim
Sailor man

Quote:
If you are playing online then your old games will still be in the game launcher.
I'm playing off line.

Quote:
The uninstall process does not uninstall your SH5 saved games folder unless you instruct it to.
These old saved games are not compatible with TWOS.
I instructed to uninstall my saved games during the uninstall process.

Quote:
The stadimeter becomes available when you lock on to a target with the space bar.
I have locked on to a target and pressed the stadimeter button. Nothing happens. I've locked onto a target and pressed the button. Nothing happens. Should I do something else?
Old 07-07-16, 06:08 PM   #2060
Darojax
A-ganger

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

If you are indeed locked onto a ship and press the stadimeter button, you should be able to see the effect in the periscope by moving the mouse up and down.
Darojax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 06:23 PM   #2061
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjim View Post

I have locked on to a target and pressed the stadimeter button. Nothing happens. I've locked onto a target and pressed the button. Nothing happens. Should I do something else?
Check your installation and watch some videos mate...Using stadimeter is pretty straightforward and it's quite noticeable in almost all instructional videos/ play troughs ...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 06:25 PM   #2062
THEBERBSTER

Hi Macjim
When you select to play offline you will get an option to use your saved games or the cloud saved games.
You should select your saved games.
If you have already selected the cloud, the saved games are loaded from the cloud but also games are saved to your SH5 saved games folder as well but not used.

Check that you have manual targeting ticked in game play settings.
In TDW's Options File Editor Viewer go to the XO tab and check that manual targeting is enforced.

You must identify the target in the recognition manual (shortcut key E) and send the mast height to the TDC before you can use the stadimeter otherwise it cannot calculate the range which is what you are trying to find out.
Peter
Old 07-07-16, 08:01 PM   #2063
macjim
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Check your installation and watch some videos mate...Using stadimeter is pretty straightforward and it's quite noticeable in almost all instructional videos/ play troughs ...
Thanks for the hint. Have you got a link. I've watched about a dozen vids but cant see how the stadimeter is used (what keys or mouse movement I need). I can see that the prism splits the image (in the videos) but can't seem to make it happen in game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Macjim
When you select to play offline you will get an option to use your saved games or the cloud saved games.
You should select your saved games.
If you have already selected the cloud, the saved games are loaded from the cloud but also games are saved to your SH5 saved games folder as well but not used.

Check that you have manual targeting ticked in game play settings.
In TDW's Options File Editor Viewer go to the XO tab and check that manual targeting is enforced.

You must identify the target in the recognition manual (shortcut key E) and send the mast height to the TDC before you can use the stadimeter otherwise it cannot calculate the range which is what you are trying to find out.
Peter
Thanks Peter I'll check it all out. I don't use the cloud. Appreciate the input.
Old 07-08-16, 02:25 AM   #2064
macjim
Sailor man

Default Still trying

The TDW Options file editor/Viewer shows manual targeting enforced.

Can't access the full ship identifier log - I only see a few very small fishing vessels ships in the manual. I assumed that I was supposed to use the more difficult images of ships from the Usercharts/Ships recognition.

Last edited by macjim; 07-08-16 at 02:36 AM.
macjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-16, 06:02 AM   #2065
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

Can't access the full ship identifier log - I only see a few very small fishing vessels ships in the manual.
Oh boy... There are two click arrows just next to the "other" inscription, use them and you'll change category...What you need is a bit of concentration...
Old 07-08-16, 08:12 AM   #2066
macjim
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorRainbow View Post
If you are indeed locked onto a ship and press the stadimeter button, you should be able to see the effect in the periscope by moving the mouse up and down.
That's helpful. Thanks for trying to help. I thought that was supposed to work like that. I think it may be broken for me.
Old 07-08-16, 08:29 AM   #2067
macjim
Sailor man

Quote:
Oh boy... There are two click arrows just next to the "other" inscription, use them and you'll change category...What you need is a bit of concentration...
Not sure how concentration will help. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. I can't see the "other" inscription. I do appreciate your help. Sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass. I'll stop asking questions now.

Old 07-08-16, 11:07 AM   #2068
THEBERBSTER

Hi macjim
Just looked at your video.
Where you see < OTHER > click on the one of the arrows on the recognition manual cover and you will get different ship categories > warships > tankers > freighters etc.
'Other' is really just another word for miscellaneous that does not have a category.
Lock the target with the space bar.
This should open the TDC.
Use the E key as a short cut for the recognition manual.
Click on SEND MAST HEIGHT TO TDC showing in the recognition manual once you have identified the target.
Use your scroll wheel to open the periscopes magnification.
Place the periscopes horizontal line on the water line and then click the stadimeter button.
There are plenty of youtube tutorials that show you how to do this.
Peter
Old 07-08-16, 01:42 PM   #2069
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Not sure how concentration will help. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. I can't see the "other" inscription. I do appreciate your help. Sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass. I'll stop asking questions now.

Cant say what exactly but you have definitely messed up something during your game/mod installation...Bismark should not be displayed in "other" category and definitely should not be labeled as "large sampan"...

EDIT
If you describe me in details your process of game/mod installation I may be able to help, otherwise hardly...

Last edited by vdr1981; 07-09-16 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-11-16, 01:59 PM   #2070
macjim
Sailor man

I've found lots of videos but sometimes its a little hard to tell what people are doing with the mouse ... or what keys they are pressing. Also many videos are not with the specific WOS mod. I think that the content in the videos I am watching are not for complete FNGs (Noobs) but are more easily understood if the viewer has played other SH games or at least SH5 vanilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi macjim
Just looked at your video.
Where you see < OTHER > click on the one of the arrows on the recognition manual cover and you will get different ship categories > warships > tankers > freighters etc.
Thanks Peter this is very helpful. Your links are great I use them a lot.

Quote:
Cant say what exactly but you have definitely messed up something during your game/mod installation...Bismark should not be displayed in "other" category and definitely should not be labeled as "large sampan"...
Thank you sir,
knowing that it is messed up is very helpful. I wasn't sure if I didn't understand the game controls or if I had borked the install.
- I had installed the game (and your Mod) 3 times before posting my help request.
- Reinstalled twice more after you advised that I had messed up something.
- Seems to be working now. (fingers crossed)
- Thanks for creating the WOS Mega Mod and the detailed install instructions.