SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-21, 08:22 PM   #11
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That is about as wide as it is long... With SH5, there was a "fix" for the Steam version, and now there is a "fix" for the Ubisoft version. You still can't play Sober's mod in either. His needs the disk version... SH4 it doesn't seem to matter, and the same with SH3. They both do copy fine to another folder for applying MultiSH and any desired mod. It is advisable though, to not mod the initial install of the game, since that is the one that both of those vendors point to when you go to "verify game files". I have both a Steam and a Ubisoft version of SH5, a Steam SH3 and a Ubisoft SH4, and I do not have issues with any of them anymore. The only troubles a person runs into with these old games on the newer computers, is Administrator rights and video settings. This kind of stuff can be very frustrating to get set correctly.

Lest I forget - The Steam "base" SH4 game is v1.3 of Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific. You cannot use the Ubisoft "Sh4v1.4Patch" to update the game. You also cannot use the Ubisoft "Uboat Missions AddOn", if you have one. You ~MUST~ use the Steam version of Uboat Missions AddOn to get to version 1.5 aka: Gold Edition of the game. Ubisoft only sells the "Gold Edition" anymore. To have v1.4 of the game, if desired, you need a DVD-ROM version of the game, and the Ubisoft version of UBoat Missions AddOn - which is no longer available...
Ahoy,

The last I checked on that... Steam in their combo pack, offers up SH3 (latest version), SH4 in both v1.4 & 1.5 (if you want to do mods for SH4, I strongly recommend ensuring that you grab the v1.5 SH4...) & then finally, SH5.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.