SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-12-16, 12:15 AM   #1
Akotalaya
Sparky

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0
Default missing flag error, removed op monsun for tmo+rsrd

so i was changing some things with gsgme and removing op monsun, i remove it and then load up tmo and rsrd and all that, well it fails to load into the game because it says its missing some flags or something like that? ive had this issue before and the only thing that fixed it was a full re install of the game but...i cant do that because i lost everything i had for the game, meaning i would have to buy a whole new copy of the game and everything and i dont have the funds to do this, so can someone help?
Akotalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-16, 06:34 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Did you do a "snapshot" in JSGME back before you installed OM? Have you checked the folder structure of the TMO and RSRDC mods? What does the game do if you back out of RSRDC and TMO? If you have that snapshot, check it. It will take a while for it to run.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-16, 08:50 AM   #3
Akotalaya
Sparky

i dont have a snapshot as far as i know, i mean its been 6-7 months or more since i installed it, if i back out of them? i cant really remember what it did last time...as far as i know, im sol if i cant get those flags back...ill screenshot one of the errors it gives me later
Old 12-12-16, 11:45 AM   #4
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Always make a snapshot by clicking the button/hyperlink in JSGME.

Sounds like you have 'Mod Soup'. If so, this requires a re-install

If everyone used the method of installing SH4 and Never playing it, and making a copy of the install and play that, they would have a backup to replace their Mod Soup.

Rockin Robbins made a tutorial on how to do this in Linux but it is pretty much the same procedure with Windows.
Watch this first to get the concept:

How to make independent game installations and never have to reinstall SH4 again
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228505

Bare bones essential mods needed post #1
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...56&postcount=1

That's how you avoid a re-install in the future.

I never play my install. I use Multi-SH4 and play the copies. That way it is simple to replace the install. I haven't had to re-install for years because I play the copy's, I never play my original 'clean' install.

Here's the tutorial. Start on post #27, on page 2 (on my display) - you'll find it, then post 31, next #32, then 36, and #38:

Let's Install Linux on Moonlight's Spare Computer!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=228072&page=2
Go through the topic - they're all on YouTube
----------------------------------------
Bare bones essential mods needed post #1
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...56&postcount=1

That's how you avoid a re-install in the future.

Sorry for the bad news, good luck. I guarantee that if you use this method you will never need to re-install again. All this time watching video's will pay off in the future so you might as well get it over with and watch them.
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

Last edited by aanker; 12-13-16 at 10:51 AM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-16, 01:27 PM   #5
propbeanie

If you remove all mods, does the game run under stock trim?

I'm going to go look for the proggy I'm thinking of, but can't remember at this time, but with a stock game, you can run a verification of the install, and it might be able to tell you what's missing, if anything. Then you can do a search on your computer and in the "trashcan", and see if maybe you do have the file(s)...

Edit: Wow. It always helps to type the correct search terms... Glad the one here on the site is slightly forgiving...

SH Validator from TheDarkWraith

See what you see, if you see it... Good luck, and hopefully Good Future Hunting

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-12-16 at 01:36 PM. Reason: TheDarkWraith
Old 12-12-16, 06:38 PM   #6
Akotalaya
Sparky

that program isnt working, it keeps wanting me to run it with admin rights and even when i do, it still gives me that little error...telling me to run with admin rights..aanker im unable to do a re install without buying a brand new copy of the game, ive lost all my stuff i needed to install but thanks for the info
Old 12-12-16, 09:36 PM   #7
propbeanie

Are you in Windows 8 or 10? I've got Windows 7 64-bit, and don't have a bit of trouble. I'm running it from the Downloads folder even. Do you know what your User Account Control Settings are at? I've got mine set on 3 (of 4), and I only get a "Are you sure you want to run this program?" I'm not sure what you'd get in Win8 or 10. You can right-click on the "SHValidator.exe" file and choose "Run as administrator" from there. You want to have the exe and all three cfg files in the same directory, and it shouldn't matter where you have it on the hard drive, other than don't have it in the Program Files (x86) folder, else Windows will protect you from yourself. In fact, you're better off not having Silent Hunter in there either.

Does Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific run if you remove all the mods? If not, do you get an error message?

Old 12-13-16, 07:22 AM   #8
Akotalaya
Sparky

windows 7, it seemed to work for sh3, just not 4...its odd, im gonna restore it back to stock game and see if that helps...i really have an urge to sink some japanese ships
Old 12-13-16, 09:58 AM   #9
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

How to make independent game installations and never have to reinstall SH4 again. I think this is about the most important thing I've ever done at Subsim. It shows how to plan for mod soup, how to detect whether mod soup is your problem, and most importantly, how to fix your mod soup in ten minutes, preserving all your savegames and settings.

You can actually completely fix the game in 10 minutes and resume your saved game as if nothing had ever happened. It's the first provable definition of mod soup. It's the first provable cure for mod soup. And for those of us who have the Direct2Drive downloadable U-boat Missions with the one time use activation code, it keeps us from having to request reactivation every couple of months.

The videos also show how to use Large Address Aware, how to use MultiSH4 and how to make a game snapshot with JSGME so you can know without a shadow of a doubt whether your problem is mod soup or something else. I made the video using Ubuntu Linux (I don't run Windows any more on my main computer), but Windows operations are identical.

These videos are the COMPLETE explanation, proof and remedy for many SH4 frustrations and this information has never been made available all in the same place before. Yet it the thread is not stickied.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 10:20 AM   #10
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Default Please Sticky Rockin Robbins Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
How to make independent game installations and never have to reinstall SH4 again. I think this is about the most important thing I've ever done at Subsim. It shows how to plan for mod soup, how to detect whether mod soup is your problem, and most importantly, how to fix your mod soup in ten minutes, preserving all your savegames and settings.
These videos are the COMPLETE explanation, proof and remedy for many SH4 frustrations and this information has never been made available all in the same place before. Yet it the thread is not stickied.
Please Sticky Rockin Robbins Thread. This is the method described in so many scattered posts on Subsim put to video - and easy to understand.

I haven't had to reinstall SH4 in years because I use this method.

Someone has mod soup here and needs to reinstall - they may as well do it the right way and be done with it.

RR's topic describes the 'right way'.

Thank you!
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 01:34 PM   #11
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
This is the method described in so many scattered posts on Subsim put to video - and easy to understand.

I haven't had to reinstall SH4 in years because I use this method.

Someone has mod soup here and needs to reinstall - they may as well do it the right way and be done with it.

RR's topic describes the 'right way'.

Thank you!
And that's the central point. It isn't even MY process. It is a process honed over several years by several people. I'm just the messenger.
Old 12-13-16, 02:10 PM   #12
Akotalaya
Sparky

i guess im out of the pacific campaign for good then because i will say again, i cannot re install because i would have to completely re buy silent hunter...so you could tell me to re install all you want but it cant happen because i no longer have the disks anymore..
Old 12-13-16, 03:26 PM   #13
propbeanie

If you're like me, you'll find 'em in a desk drawer when you go to move, and the world has moved on to Windows 26, which is no longer compatible with Windows 22...

Does the game run at all without any mods in it? Title screen, error message, anything?

Old 12-14-16, 10:37 AM   #14
Akotalaya
Sparky

it runs but i still get the errors and with these mods, you cant tab out to close the errors or things start happening...
it gives me this error
File not found: data/menu/gui/RecManual/CovFlagXXXXXXX.dds

replace the row of X's with a country name such as denmark and thats the error it gives me...
otherwise everything is playable as far as i can tell, i was able to start a career and everything..but as far as getting into the game, no luck because of this error
Old 12-14-16, 01:59 PM   #15
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Make a note of the missing flag files and their paths.

Then try downloading GFO. It MAY contain these files. If it does, manually copy them from the mod to your game files. Then MAYBE you're golden!