Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-20, 01:06 PM   #9631
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Please relax guys. At the end of the day, while we might disagree politically, we all have enough in common to end up on this forum. Perhaps we should focus more on what brings us together, rather than what divides us.

Besides, none of us are going to convince anyone else to change ideology like this
Old 06-19-20, 02:32 PM   #9632
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Please relax guys. At the end of the day, while we might disagree politically, we all have enough in common to end up on this forum. Perhaps we should focus more on what brings us together, rather than what divides us.

Besides, none of us are going to convince anyone else to change ideology like this
Wise words, saved me the bother. So if I've read it, hopefully other contributors will.

TIA

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-20-20, 08:39 AM   #9633
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Trump admin is pushing the US attorney for SDNY out who just happens to be looking into the activities of Trump associates.

Manhattan US attorney says he has 'no intention' of resigning after AG Barr tried to force him out, adds that investigations will continue 'without fear or favor'
https://www.businessinsider.com/geof...20-6?r=US&IR=T
Quote:
Attorney General William Barr announced Friday that Geoffrey Berman, the US attorney for the Southern District of New York, is "stepping down" from his role. He added that President Donald Trump will nominate Jay Clayton, the chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), to replace Berman.
[..]
"I learned in a press release from the Attorney General tonight that I was 'stepping down' as United States Attorney. I have not resigned, and have no intention of resigning, my position, to which I was appointed by the Judges of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York," Berman said.

"I will step down when a presidentially appointed nominee is confirmed by the Senate. Until then, our investigations will move forward without delay or interruption," he added. "I cherish every day that I work with the men and women of this Office to pursue justice without fear or favor — and intend to insure that this Office's important cases continue unimpeded."

The SDNY conducted or is conducting multiple investigations into Trump associates and other interests linked to the president.
Old 06-20-20, 08:54 AM   #9634
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

^

Thugs do what thugs are. Trump by now is the modern hero of brutalizing politics in the West. The plebs applaudes. Panem et circensis works. America's once claimed moral authority is completely destroyed, and it will never come back.

"I do not know if the people of the United States would vote for superior men if they ran for office, but there can be no doubt that such men do not run. (...) Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all. (...) Men will not accept truth at the hands of their enemies, and truth is seldom offered to them by their friends."
- Alexis de Tocqueville: Democracy in America. - If he said that already back in his time, I wonder what he would say today.
Old 06-20-20, 09:25 AM   #9635
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

a question regarding this upcoming book by Bolton.

First a sentence, which I have translated from Danish

"Surprisingly, Trump began the conversation toward the upcoming presidential election, and with references to China's economic capacity, he asked Xi to ensure he is re-elected, Bolton writes in the book, which, among other things, the business newspaper The Wall Street Journal has published excerpts from."

I would love to hear what type of Response Trump got from Xi
Because his response would mean everything.

Here's my question.

If I remember correctly from your answer earlier-An American president are not allowed to get help from a foreign country.
Is this correct ?

Markus
Old 06-20-20, 09:33 AM   #9636
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
^

Thugs do what thugs are. Trump by now is the modern hero of brutalizing politics in the West. The plebs applaudes. Panem et circensis works. America's once claimed moral authority is completely destroyed, and it will never come back.

Oooh, another opportunity for Germany to show it's quality. Whaddaya gonna do, invade Poland again?
Old 06-20-20, 09:41 AM   #9637
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Oooh, another opportunity for Germany to show it's quality. Whaddaya gonna do, invade Poland again?

This time it was the other way around, they let EU take over their country freely.

They did this through a referendum(I think it was) among the Polish people.

Back to US-politics

Markus
Old 06-20-20, 09:58 AM   #9638
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

I would love to hear what type of Response Trump got from Xi
Because his response would mean everything.
China started to buy more agricultural products. Farmers are one of Trump's core voter groups. There you have your repsonse!

Quote:
If I remember correctly from your answer earlier-An American president are not allowed to get help from a foreign country.
Is this correct ?
Why spoiling the show with hairsplitting subtelties? Its so much more fun to just enjoy the hacking and slaying and the turning of American political culture into a real pig's breakfast! Laws mean nothing in this "administration". Never meant.

And btw, Poland is the biggest net taker in the EU. They take more money from Brussels than the next three countries all together. And who keeps the financial machinery of Brussels running, and is now demanded by the commission to pay even another 42% more? Guess.
Old 06-20-20, 10:08 AM   #9639
Skybird
Soaring

Judge declines to block the launch of Bolton' book.

Trump tries to intimidate protesters ahead of his superspreading event in Tulsa. The hatefilled and dehumanising subtone we already got accustomed to, I assume. Goebbels did the same kind of rhetorics.
Old 06-20-20, 10:21 AM   #9640
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Judge declines to block the launch of Bolton' book.

Trump tries to intimidate protesters ahead of his superspreading event in Tulsa. The hatefilled and dehumanising subtone we already got accustomed to, I assume. Goebbels did the same kind of rhetorics.

You mean like what you do every day Herr Gauleiter?
Old 06-20-20, 11:01 AM   #9641
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Here's another thing I don't understand.

If what Bolton claim have happened during his time in the white house is a falsum more correctly an insults on the President of USA.

Then why did Trump act as he did in his tweet and not asking his lawyer to press charge against Mr. Bolton for insults

I know it is to early to speculate whether all is true, none of the content is true or some of it is true/false

I'm waiting to see when this accusation come. An accusation against Mr. Bolton.

Markus
Old 06-20-20, 11:17 AM   #9642
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default the upcoming Tulsa rally

Quote:
President Donald Trump told The Wall Street Journal that he believes that some Americans are wearing masks during the coronavirus pandemic not to protect others but simply to show that they disapprove of him.
Trump's interview with The Journal's Michael C. Bender was published on Thursday, a day after troubling accounts — contained in a bombshell book by John Bolton, his former national security adviser — emerged of Trump's handling of foreign affairs and competence.
Trump also told The Journal that his issue with masks was that people sometimes touch them, increasing the risk of infection.
Masks will be optional at the Tulsa Rally...there will be no 'social distancing'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsweek
....partitions in some areas and regular cleaning throughout the event.
Masks will also be available at the event to every attendee. But Trump is not urging people to wear them, despite advice from the country's top infectious diseases expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, that people should have them on at large gatherings.
"If people want to wear masks I think that's great. I won't be. Not as a protest but I don't feel that I'm in danger," Trump said, describing masks as "a double-edged sword."
"I recommend people do what they want."
Protesters are expectedto voice their opposition to Trump at the event, which was postponed by a day so as not to coincide with Juneteenth, a day that marks the official end of slavery in 1865.
On Friday, Trump suggested on Twitter that any demonstrators could expect the police to use force, saying "protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes" would not be treated "in the same way" as they had been in New York, Seattle, Minneapolis: "It will be a much different scene!"
Trump reiterated that he feels safe to hold the Tulsa rally despite the background of a rising number of new coronavirus cases in Oklahoma and other states nearby.
"I don't feel that I'm in danger," he told Axios. "I've met a lot, a lot of people, and so far here I sit."

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 06-20-20, 11:58 AM   #9643
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

As someone of Afro-Jewish descent, a rabid German flaunting his Teutonic moral superiority on this forum makes me laugh. I wonder what Germany did during 1933-1945? Thankfully, my ancestors were in a part of the world that the Germans never invaded (although they suffered U-Boat raids).

Irony is probably lost on our forum tough guy.. And as for Skybird's anti-Polish comments in this thread? One of my best friends is of Polish descent. A great lady, and Mr. "Shut Up Unless You Agree With Me" could never hold a candle to her. Her family even voted for Obama, but maybe they are still Untermenschen.

Last edited by iambecomelife; 06-20-20 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-20-20, 12:13 PM   #9644
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
I wonder what Germany did during 1933-1945?
Are you seriously judging Skybird for what his nation did 80 years ago? Something he had nothing to do with?

Quote:
And as for Skybird's anti-Polish comments in this thread? One of my best friends is of Polish descent. A great lady, and Mr. "Shut Up Unless You Agree With Me" could never hold a candle to her. Her family even voted for Obama, but maybe they are still Untermenschen.
What he said about Poland being the biggest net taker in the EU is correct.
https://www.ednh.news/eu-payers-and-receivers/
Old 06-20-20, 12:21 PM   #9645
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Are you seriously judging Skybird for what his nation did 80 years ago? Something he had nothing to do with?

What he said about Poland being the biggest net taker in the EU is correct.
https://www.ednh.news/eu-payers-and-receivers/
Don't you EVER tell me how I should or should not feel about a German Supremacist who demonstrates the same pathologies of thought that some Germans 80 years ago did. I am partly of Jewish descent, and this is personal for me, due to my ancestry.

I'm judging him for his comments made in this thread. Oh, and I thought Tough Guy was going to come shut me up. It's remarkable how Teutonic stereotypes about certain groups being takers, bloodsuckers, and so on persist to the present date.

Just as ugly as his blanket comments about "American moral authority", American this, American that. All part of his Manichean world where American wrongdoing always taints Americans, but German history never happened.

Last edited by iambecomelife; 06-20-20 at 12:32 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter