SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-30-20, 08:44 AM   #2431
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0
Default No problems downloading this mod...

If you are interested in the International Radio MOD. I had no problems downloading and unpacking all 57 files from Mediafire without signing in.
It is a history lesson of the WW2 years.

I have my many Radio Stations set up with my own custom radio.ini file. This gives me many choices of news and music to listen to while cruising along at 1X.
I also use the RadioStationManager applet to assist me in maintaining all the stations.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...do=file&id=592

It comes in handy when I am continuing a game. Before loading the Save Game, I treat the Radio Stations to "Prepare Stations for Game Restart"

There are many sources for period music, news and commercials. My go to is

https://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, maxswain...

To whom, are you asking about that ''International Radio mod''.?

No matter, in any case... that mod, in question... can be found here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4700

Enjoy...

M. M.

If you are asking about the music mix... that is My own blend, that I cobbled together... & it's not on subsim, as I don't really have it packed up to send off into the big, bad world...

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 05:30 PM   #2432
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: RSM applet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
If you are interested in the International Radio MOD. I had no problems downloading and unpacking all 57 files from Mediafire without signing in.
It is a history lesson of the WW2 years.

I have my many Radio Stations set up with my own custom radio.ini file. This gives me many choices of news and music to listen to while cruising along at 1X.
I also use the RadioStationManager applet to assist me in maintaining all the stations.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...do=file&id=592

It comes in handy when I am continuing a game. Before loading the Save Game, I treat the Radio Stations to "Prepare Stations for Game Restart"

There are many sources for period music, news and commercials. My go to is

https://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio
Ahoy, Front Runner...

I have... & use that applet, too.

Nice, nifty lil' tool... love the ability for it to correct the stations before you launch back into continuing a patrol.

M. M.

Old 12-31-20, 11:33 AM   #2433
dark270
Swabbie

Downloads: 53

hey i just had to comment, trying the latest release, and WOW, nice job boys!
i couldnt stop playing..... thanks for a great MOD!!!!
dark270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 01:15 PM   #2434
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

You are welcome dark270. If you notice anything apparently "off", just let us know. We are already working on the next version with additions of content and two corrections and counting...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 01:30 PM   #2435
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You are welcome dark270. If you notice anything apparently "off", just let us know. We are already working on the next version with additions of content and two corrections and counting...
Great job on v1.3. Up and running smoothly. Thank you for all you and the team have been putting in on FOTRSU. Best of the New Year to you all.
Old 12-31-20, 05:15 PM   #2436
Capt RAP
Watch

Downloads: 256
Icon14 Outstanding

Happy New Year and thank you for this OUTSTANDING MOD!!
Capt RAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 05:57 PM   #2437
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Default Visual anomalies in (F4) Bridge View

Has anyone else noticed the visual anomalies when on the BRIDGE (F4) view. They seem to be directly related to the TDC and both periscopes. When you are skyward and slightly to starboard, there is a shadowy visual anomaly not quite in the shape of a circle. As you raise the periscopes you can see two more identical anomalies rise up with the periscopes as well as come down with the scopes.

I have tested this view in SH4 Vanilla and in SH4 TMO RALLES and they do not exist in the other mods.

I'm using FOTRSU v1.39 and Nippon Maru mods only.

Old 12-31-20, 06:02 PM   #2438
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Has anyone else noticed the visual anomalies when on the BRIDGE (F4) view. They seem to be directly related to the TDC and both periscopes. When you are skyward and slightly to starboard, there is a shadowy visual anomaly not quite in the shape of a circle. As you raise the periscopes you can see two more identical anomalies rise up with the periscopes as well as come down with the scopes.

I have tested this view in SH4 Vanilla and in SH4 TMO RALLES and they do not exist in the other mods.

I'm using FOTRSU v1.39 and Nippon Maru mods only.
If, by that... you mean this weird greyish colored funky looking star patterned thing... then yeah, but for the most part I simply ignore it... but yeah, I did notice it... more so when I went to raise the attack scope...

M. M.

Old 12-31-20, 07:59 PM   #2439
propbeanie

Can you guys grab a screen shot? I do not have that on my computers, both with nVidia cards. One is an Intel Core2 Quadcore with a 560Ti in an intel 775 P43 mobo, the other is a Core i7 in a Gibabyte x58 mobo with nVidia 980s... Is it like a little out-of-round area near the top of the view, no matter where you look? Does a Save and re-start of the game eliminate it? Cah you also say if you video streams match between Windows and the game, and what resolution that is? Also, what are you Graphic Settings in the game set to? ie: Full Scene Glare, Light Shafts, Environmental Effects and especially Volumetric Fog?

Old 12-31-20, 09:34 PM   #2440
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: weird item...

Quote:
Can you guys grab a screen shot? I do not have that on my computers, both with nVidia cards. One is an Intel Core2 Quadcore with a 560Ti in an intel 775 P43 mobo, the other is a Core i7 in a Gibabyte x58 mobo with nVidia 980s... Is it like a little out-of-round area near the top of the view, no matter where you look? Does a Save and re-start of the game eliminate it? Cah you also say if you video streams match between Windows and the game, and what resolution that is? Also, what are you Graphic Settings in the game set to? ie: Full Scene Glare, Light Shafts, Environmental Effects and especially Volumetric Fog?
Yeah, I grabbed at least.. 2 1 from the bridge, looking up with the scopes section just barely in view, the spot in question, circled in thin red pencil tool color:

The other snap shot of it, after just barely raising the attack periscope... can see it just above that support cross bracing i.e island in background under that cross brace, that cross brace, the sky above that with the weird grey'ish blob:

My computer is a Dell Optiplex 980, stock as I know of.. except where it comes to the graphics card. That, is a Nvidia GeForce GT 720.

The blob, in the 1st snap... doesn't move about any where.. it remains stationary (at least for Me.. I can't speak for Front Runner's instance of it... as it goes with the other one, that only shows when the attack scope gets raised... as the scope goes up... that blob, moves up right along with the scope.

As for your question about ''video streams match between Windows and the game'', not sure what that is supposed to mean. As it is, My monitor is an HP LV2011, & settings for it, as regards res, is 16x9, those same settings match with Win 10 (Win 10 Pro x64 bit). If with that question pertains to doing any streaming of My being in game.. then that would be a resounding no... I don't do any streaming of game play... I leave that to others so inclined to do that.

Settings for NVidia control panel are as follows:

Game settings in game are, all boxes checked, except for the windowed one. res in there is set to My monitor res set of 16x9...

As it is... it don't really bother Me, I only confirmed for Front Runner, that they were not seeing things or that they had gone around the bend in seeing that... I just pretty much ignore it.

If you need any other info via snap shots, will do My best to provide them...

M. M.

The snaps, were taken while in the Nav training mission. Only have 1 career, & that is in an s class boat, early on in the war. Think the date is like the 21st of Dec. 41. I'll cross check when I reload My last game save. I happened to notice it, after doing the same training mission, as a test to make sure everything looked as it should... but didn't think much about that blob at the time... to be quite frank about it...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-31-20 at 09:49 PM. Reason: More info added...
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 10:24 PM   #2441
dark270
Swabbie

Quote:

i really loved the first(few?) mission(s)! btw, was very cool! i did notice, as i head thru the sundra straight after we lost(i say we, but playing as US, lol) surabaya, and my sub got hammered by what i thought was torpedo? but looks like it was artilliary from the land? couldnt see where but very accurate(scare the crap out of me)....sub sank soon afterward, but right before it sank was a CTD, its all good as i had saves i reloaded from and didnt go back there! but so far its a super mod! i love it!
my apologies for spelling.
Old 12-31-20, 11:08 PM   #2442
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Yeah, I grabbed at least.. 2 ...
Thanks for that. The "stream" matching just means have the "native" or "recommended" setting in Windows, which you do have with the 1600x900. Is it the same in the game though. Also, some of the settings in the game actually mess things up for the newer video cards somehow, such as the Environmental Effects and the Volumetric Fog, depending upon how the card is set, and the mod. Also, try turning the V-sync in the game off. The "sky" in the game is a sort-of squished dome anyway, and some settings do accentuate that area. I do think it is something in the scene.dat, but haven't tried experimenting with it yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark270 View Post
... my sub got hammered by what i thought was torpedo? but looks like it was artilliary from the land? couldnt see where but very accurate(scare the crap out of me)....sub sank soon afterward, but right before it sank was a CTD...
Make certain your LAA is set correctly on the SH4.exe file, by running LAA again. In the meantime, besides the shore batteries, were there any other "assets" in the area, such as ships or airplanes that you know of? I'll try to look around the area. Do you happen to know about what the date was? You mention Surabaya had been taken by the Japanese, so that would be March 1, 1942. Thanks

Happy New Year everybody, and may your year be better than 2020!

Old 12-31-20, 11:58 PM   #2443
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Thanks for that. The "stream" matching just means have the "native" or "recommended" setting in Windows, which you do have with the 1600x900. Is it the same in the game though. Also, some of the settings in the game actually mess things up for the newer video cards somehow, such as the Environmental Effects and the Volumetric Fog, depending upon how the card is set, and the mod. Also, try turning the V-sync in the game off. The "sky" in the game is a sort-of squished dome anyway, and some settings do accentuate that area. I do think it is something in the scene.dat, but haven't tried experimenting with it yet...

Yeah, can confirm the res in game, is indeed set, to 16x9 in the settings section.

Just to confirm... you're saying to disengage the enviro settings including the volumetric fog followed up by the vsync settings...?

Just want to confirm I have that right.. if so, then I will see of disengaging them, before setting up a new career.

Would that include doing a dump of the game save file, as well...? or would that not be needed.?

To 1 & all... HappyNewYear...

May 2021, be a safe, healthy... & hopefully better one, than 2020 was...

M. M.

Old 01-01-21, 12:09 AM   #2444
dark270
Swabbie

Quote:

Make certain your LAA is set correctly on the SH4.exe file, by running LAA again. In the meantime, besides the shore batteries, were there any other "assets" in the area, such as ships or airplanes that you know of? I'll try to look around the area. Do you happen to know about what the date was? You mention Surabaya had been taken by the Japanese, so that would be March 1, 1942. Thanks

ok will do, also the closest port was still friendly, cant recall the name but it was in the straight, so there was friend ships in port, but i ignored that and kept going, i got about half way, and BAM wish i had screen shots of the holes on the sub, wow, also did u guys take transfers out of the game? like going from the asiatic fleet to midway/pearl harbor? i'm at may 5th 1942 and still cant transfer, no biggie just really enjoying it!

yeah i think i started just before that, as i entered the straights surbaya was taken. so it was then i got shelled, lol

my only reason is thinking it was artilliary form land is i saw one of the splashes in the water and then bam i got hit again, was fairly accurate and deadly.. anyhow no planes/ships of enemy was nearby.
Old 01-01-21, 08:07 AM   #2445
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Default Experimentation...

Quote:
Can you guys grab a screen shot?
I've done a lot of experimenting this morning. I have determined that it ALWAYS occurs for me using the Navigation Training with the Gar. [EDIT: The PORPOISE Class, not the GAR, my bad...

It doesn't matter what in game graphic settings are on or off. Note that when all in game graphic settings are checked off, except Vertical Sync and all of the sliders are set to minimum, the anomaly is more visible, in fact appears solid.

As I've gone from Navigation Training to War Patrols to Single Missions, the anomaly does not ALWAYS follow, but sometimes does. I've gone from Navigation Training to Main Menu to Windows and restarted and when I choose Navigation Training with the Gar the anomaly ALWAYS appears. If I shut down and come back in and go to War Patrol or Single Mission, depending on the type Sub, the anomaly is either not present at all, or, only present for the periscopes and not for the TDC as it is with the Navigation Training.

When going from Navigation Training to War Patrol to Exit to Windows I experienced a number of CTD while exiting.
Normally, when playing FOTRSUv1.39, I always Exit to Windows before I go to any other selection or load a save game.

I have tried many different variants of graphic settings. I've made sure that my Nvidia Inspector settings are turned off for this test and I have my Nvidia Control Panel settings set to "Let the 3D Application Decide"

I have tested this with my Native Monitor settings of 1920 X 1080 @ 144HZ with in game settings to match. I have also tested with Monitor settings of 1920 X 1080 @ 60 HZ with in game settings to match.

PropB, Try going it to Navigation Training Porpoise Class first thing and see what you see.

It is not a game killer bug. I discovered it by just looking around while I was tooling along at 1X. When playing at 1X, I wander around the boat enjoying the incredible detail that the MOD TEAMS, over the life of SH4, have contributed to this fabulous SuperMod.

Last edited by Front Runner; 01-02-21 at 06:58 AM.