SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-08-20, 01:50 PM   #1771
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: concerning updates & reverting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Yea, I think I will load my last patrol and decline the offer for a new sub.
Thank you all! I will report back with the results!

EDIT: Since Kieldk recommended that I updated to version 1.2.1, I cannot load my last save game before the end of the patrol because of that.
Would it be a possibilty to revert back to 1.1 and get it to work? Or will it work if I restart my last patrol before I was awarded the Tench class?
Don't know if this will be of any assistance or not, but...

Something that I have come to do, is not applying any changes to anything for updates until..

1. I know for definite, that I am back in base just prior to starting a new patrol. This is something I seem to remember being mentioned elsewhere..

2. Before going into JSGME, and deactivating mod/s (this applies to any & all mods no matter if they are base or mega mods, such as with FotRS and any follow up or add in mods) I make what I refer to as a screen snap shot of just how things are activated, naming it accordingly, so as to make recognition of it later easier on My poor old computer system that walks about called My brain...

Step 2, works well for a number of reasons (at least, to Me any way.. ) not the least of which is, just in the event that it might or just may become absolutely necessary to have to back step... I've been fortunate enough to only recall having to revert backwards 1 time... thus far.. (knock on wood ) and in doing so was seriously, some time back.. well before FotRS or even Fifi's Dark Waters SH4 offering...

Another use of it is, making sure that I reactivate stuff in the right order... it never hurts to have a back up to ensure that this is so... yanno..

Just some info I hope others find useful...

M. M.

Old 09-08-20, 03:34 PM   #1772
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

OK folks, try this one on top of the v1.21 release:

Version121Patch03.7z

This is a patch file that goes on top of 100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21_EN, so if you have optional mods enable, dis-able them and apply the patch on top of the main mod, then you can re-enable your optional mods.

This should be backward compatible, but it you do have trouble with a Save, remove this mod and go on without it. Just be sure and let us know what happens or if you encounter any other issues as soon as possible.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-12-20 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Patch v03 for Shinano, Palawan & IJN flag fixes
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 04:52 PM   #1773
Kieldk
Helmsman

Downloads: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

Version121Patch.7z

This is a patch file that goes on top of 100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21_EN, so if you have optional mods enable, dis-able them and apply the patch on top of the main mod, then you can re-enable your optional mods.

This should be backward compatible, but it you do have trouble with a Save, remove this mod and go on without it. Just be sure and let us know what happens or if you encounter any other issues as soon as possible.

Installed on top of my ongoing career
loaded and runs just fine

no problems so far
Old 09-08-20, 06:56 PM   #1774
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieldk View Post
Installed on top of my ongoing career
loaded and runs just fine

no problems so far
that is excellent news!

so....did you reload the Balao mission and skip the upgrade or start a new career?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 07:22 PM   #1775
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieldk View Post
I’m so sorry you got your save game messed up

I was just saying there is a newer version than the one you used, And I meant that if you stick with that you would probably not have this bug in the future
Its ok. I am just upset that I went along with it because I know better than not to do that. Its not your fault.

Where can I find version 1.1 of the FotRSU? I deleted the download and the file from my mod folder.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 08:33 PM   #1776
propbeanie

There is only room for one mod at a time on the team ftp site on SubSim, so it is not available there. I do have a copy of it though, and we'll see what we can do, and get back with you...

Old 09-08-20, 08:47 PM   #1777
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Quote:
There is only room for one mod at a time on the team ftp site on SubSim, so it is not available there. I do have a copy of it though, and we'll see what we can do, and get back with you...

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Old 09-08-20, 10:38 PM   #1778
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Its ok. I am just upset that I went along with it because I know better than not to do that. Its not your fault.

Where can I find version 1.1 of the FotRSU? I deleted the download and the file from my mod folder.
i have a copy and you are welcome to d/l it.
please let me know when you finish the d/l so i can delete it. it's huge.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dy0hipgax39wswe/file

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 04:39 AM   #1779
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloaded!

EDIT: Could someone get me the version 1.1 patch please?
I am sorry for the inconvience I am causing with me having to ask for copies of the old mods files and such.

Old 09-09-20, 06:39 AM   #1780
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i have a copy and you are welcome to d/l it.
please let me know when you finish the d/l so i can delete it. it's huge.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dy0hipgax39wswe/file
Thanks for that KaleunMarco!

Quote:
Downloaded!

EDIT: Could someone get me the version 1.1 patch please?
I am sorry for the inconvience I am causing with me having to ask for copies of the old mods files and such.
101_prBetaPatch_v1.1.7z

Let us know when you have that also, please

Old 09-09-20, 10:34 AM   #1781
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default I must be dumb!

Quote:

Version121Patch.7z

How do I download the patch? I can see it when I open the link in a new tab on some kind of Google drive, but can't seem to do anything with it, like Copy, Download, etc. Can you just put it into the Download section like other changes? Thanks.

EDIT: NEVER MIND - I FOUND THE "DOWNLOAD" BUTTON ON THE GOOGLE DRIVE PAGE. Thanks!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 09-09-20 at 11:09 AM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 02:55 PM   #1782
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default CTD from Sonar Station!

List of Mods:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21_EN
101_Version121Patch
399_NoScrollNavMap
449_FOTRSU Umark Removal
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
901_strategic_map_symbols

Commanding USS Seawolf (SS-197), A Sargo Class boat out of Cavite/Manila. Left there on 12/09/41 to patrol Cam Ranh Bay. Over next 2 days sank 3 sub chasers (2 - #13 Class and one Corvette Subchaser Class). I saved the game after downing the 3rd IJN boat on 12/14/41 @ 1802; after taking the save, went to the Sonar station to see if I could pick up anything - that's how I found the 2nd #13 was on its way - but this time, as soon as rotated the sonar to around 340 relative, the game did a CTD.

I loaded that last save game, reset torpedos, etc. per usual and again went to the sonar station. Again, as soon as the sonar head reached around 340 degrees relative the game crashed to desktop. Thinking 3rd time is the charm (yes, I know what the definition of insanty is) I did another reload of the same save file, did all the resets needed to be ready for action, then waited about 10 minutes of game time. Went to radar (don't have the surface radar yet, of course) - all was fine. Went to the Sonar station, rotated the seeker to around 340 degrees relative, and (of course) CTD.

This is new to this release of FOTRSU as far as I know. Regards.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 04:15 PM   #1783
FotRSU Mod Team
Team Leader

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 3

See Page One Post One of this thread for

Version 1.21pv02 of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition

of the mod, which incorporates the patch and latest filfes into the v1.21 of the mod.

Last edited by FotRSU Mod Team; 09-11-20 at 05:15 PM. Reason: New Patch added for Shinano and IJN Flags
FotRSU Mod Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 04:45 PM   #1784
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
List of Mods:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21_EN
101_Version121Patch
399_NoScrollNavMap
449_FOTRSU Umark Removal
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
901_strategic_map_symbols

Commanding USS Seawolf (SS-197), A Sargo Class boat out of Cavite/Manila. Left there on 12/09/41 to patrol Cam Ranh Bay. Over next 2 days sank 3 sub chasers (2 - #13 Class and one Corvette Subchaser Class). I saved the game after downing the 3rd IJN boat on 12/14/41 @ 1802; after taking the save, went to the Sonar station to see if I could pick up anything - that's how I found the 2nd #13 was on its way - but this time, as soon as rotated the sonar to around 340 relative, the game did a CTD.

I loaded that last save game, reset torpedos, etc. per usual and again went to the sonar station. Again, as soon as the sonar head reached around 340 degrees relative the game crashed to desktop. Thinking 3rd time is the charm (yes, I know what the definition of insanty is) I did another reload of the same save file, did all the resets needed to be ready for action, then waited about 10 minutes of game time. Went to radar (don't have the surface radar yet, of course) - all was fine. Went to the Sonar station, rotated the seeker to around 340 degrees relative, and (of course) CTD.

This is new to this release of FOTRSU as far as I know. Regards.
I have been trying for over an hour (real time) in the USS Sargo (SS-188) to replicate, although I do not have the "450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability" mod. I would say try and remove that, then try again - but it might be too late and the Save data is already corrupt. Either that, or do not scroll around to 340... Are you on the surface, or submerged for the CTD? I have tried both, both with and without sonar contacts on the map. I have even had a contact that I could see lighting the green light, but could barely hear, and asked to sonarman the range to target, and got 33890 yards... I've pinged targets and gotten ranges just fine. I have turned my boat to where the same target was close to the 340 relative and been fine. I of course, only have one ship sunk thus far in my attempts, but I am off Cam Ranh Bay, and have had to dodge two IJN subs already... - and I encountered a Shinshu Maru transport group, as well as a small task force, both headed southwest, and both of which almost took me out of the game. I did manage to sink one small transport, and could possibly have had more if not for the duds... but anyway, I have not had any issues with the Sargo and sonar during testing thus far. I will keep trying though, as well as in the other boats, since they all use the same gear for the most part...

Old 09-09-20, 06:30 PM   #1785
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56

Installing 1.21p fresh (starting with a pristine SH4 1.5 install, yada yada) hoping it will fix things. 1.21 (no -p) was buggy for me. I couldn't even finish one patrol in an S-boat (out of Manila, then Surabaya as Manila was overrun). Constant CTD's whenever I tried to get to my new home port, and at other random times. Super frustrating.