SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-20, 05:08 PM   #376
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

That's a nice gun Rockstar (how much did it set you back) (don't make me look it up)

Can your new gun use hollow point bullets?

I only like hollow point's due to what an old Army man, that won the bronze star in Vietnam, told me one time, "Never shoot to maim" "Always shoot to kill"

Hollow points go in small and come out big
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 05:18 PM   #377
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

The only thing you cannot shoot through this pistol is jacketed bullets. I think Federal makes lead hollow points but I really dont see the need for them. Considering this pistol was designed to hurl just a simple lead ball to kill charging horses and cavalrymen. Round Flat Nose Lead bullet will do just fine for any personal defense needs you might have. Even a lighter load at 750 Feet per second will probably generate somewhere in the realm of 290 foot pound at the muzzle is more than enough.

Oh and the pistol set me back $315.00 and the conversion cylinder $240.00. Added it up its about the same price of a Remington factory conversion. But you dont have to deal with a FFL transfer.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-20-20 at 08:36 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 05:32 PM   #378
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
The only thing you cannot shoot through this pistol is jacketed bullets. I think Federal makes lead hollow points but I really dont see the need for them. Considering this pistol was designed to hurl just a simple lead to kill charging horses and cavalrymen. Round Flat Nose Lead bullets will do just fine for any personal defense needs you might have.

Oh and the pistol set me back $315.00 and the conversion cylinder $240.00. Added it up its about the same price of a Remington factory conversion. But you dont have to deal with a FFL transfer.
I just pulled up the website for these pistols. In your opinion, are they well made ? They look like something from the spaghetti Westerns that Clint Eastwood acted in. I like them.

Something of interest I came across a while ago. A reproduction Nazi Sturmgewehr 44 (StG 44) chambered for 22. caliber. These rifles are made in Germany and imported by American Tactical Imports.

Quote: This rifle strikes an enjoyable balance between a historically accurate replica rifle and a fun plinking .22. The accuracy and reliability are much better than one might expect to see in a novelty gun. It's not easy to construct a rifle that looks like one design, while functioning like another, but GSG did a good job with this model. So grab a bulk box of .22 rounds and a sack of snacks, and head out to spend an afternoon mounting a successful skirmish along the tin can front with the GSG Schmeisser StG 44.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...fle-semi-auto/

https://www.gsg-waffen.com/

Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 05:33 PM   #379
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
The only thing you cannot shoot through this pistol is jacketed bullets. I think Federal makes lead hollow points but I really dont see the need for them. Considering this pistol was designed to hurl just a simple lead to kill charging horses and cavalrymen. Round Flat Nose Lead bullets will do just fine for any personal defense needs you might have. Even a lighter load at 750 Feet per second will probably generate somewhere in the realm of 290 foot pound at the muzzle is more than enough.

Looks more expensive than that, uh? Good price, but why the conversion from 44 to 45? Why not just keep the 44 cylinder?
or achievement

Old 04-20-20, 05:55 PM   #380
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I just pulled up the website for these pistols. In your opinion, are they well made ? They look like something from the spaghetti Westerns that Clint Eastwood acted in. I like them.

Something of interest I came across a while ago. A reproduction Nazi Sturmgewehr 44 (StG 44) chambered for 22. caliber. These rifles are made in Germany and imported by American Tactical Imports.

Quote: This rifle strikes an enjoyable balance between a historically accurate replica rifle and a fun plinking .22. The accuracy and reliability are much better than one might expect to see in a novelty gun. It's not easy to construct a rifle that looks like one design, while functioning like another, but GSG did a good job with this model. So grab a bulk box of .22 rounds and a sack of snacks, and head out to spend an afternoon mounting a successful skirmish along the tin can front with the GSG Schmeisser StG 44.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...fle-semi-auto/

https://www.gsg-waffen.com/

I got a real K43 scoped infantry rifle I'll sell ya.
As for the Uberti when it come to quality I think they have always had the reputation of leading the pack. I had purchased a Uberti Colt .36 Navy many years ago and several Remy's between then and now. They were good then and IMO awesome now, Im a happy camper. Never had a Pietta but from what I hear they have come a long way and are running neck and neck with Uberti in the quality department.

Mr. Quatro, its a .44 in name only. Even if you didn't convert the cylinder to shoot .45 Colt cartridges. You would still need load a round ball that could measure anywhere from a .452 to .457 in diameter.
https://www.uberti-usa.com/uberti-po...of-twist-chart

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-20-20 at 08:18 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 07:09 PM   #381
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
I got a real K43 scoped infantry rifle I'll sell ya.

I'm seriously considering it.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 10:39 AM   #382
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...zP1BrzYdoCNTuA

Gun sales increased 80.2% in May compared to last year

Quote:
Approximately 1,726,053 guns were sold in May – a record-breaking 80.2 percent increase from last year, according to data released late Monday by Small Arms Analytics & Forecasting, which examines the raw data obtained from the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS.

Of the firearms sold, 1,052,723 were handguns and 535,014 were long-guns, the SAAF estimated.
or achievement

Old 06-03-20, 11:26 AM   #383
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

What sucks is the backlog on ordering specific firearms, went to order a stevens 320 for the wifes birthday, might get it by the end of summer. and Ammo is non existant.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 01:25 PM   #384
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

If there would be one gun that I would love to shoot for fun, it would be the Ruger Single Six, six-shooters are the second-best on my list, Caeser Guerini Shotguns are first.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 12:49 AM   #385
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
I ordered another 2019 Uberti .44 Remington New Model Army percussion pistol from Dixie Gun Works a few months back. And I just got my .45 Colt conversion cylinder in for it today from Taylor & Co.. Has an 8 Inch barrel and the whole damn thing weighs something like 3.5 pounds its a heavy ol' cus.

To the right is the original percussion cylinder nipples up that you cap with primers. On the left is the new R&D Taylor & Co. .45 Colt conversion cylinder, you can see in place of the primer nipples is a ring of firing pins. Very nice fit no end shake at all and a perfect clearance between the cylinder and the forcing cone.

After the Civil War many of these Remingtons percussion cylinders were being converted to .46 cal 5 shot rimfire cartridges. The one I have though not an exact replica, the concept is the same. To load you have to remove the cylinder from the frame like Preacher did on Pale Rider. Take the firing pin cap off, load five, line up the guide pin and put the cap back on. Insert the cylinder into the frame and for safety sake CAREFULLY and GENTLY guide the hammer to rest on the empty cylinder.

The Uberti frame is proofed to C.I.P. (Commission Internationale Permanente pour l'Epreuve des Armes à Feu Portatives) max average cylinder pressures of 14,000 psi which is compulsory by law. The new cylinder is certified to SAMMI recommendations of max average of 14,000 psi cylinder pressure.

I'll be shooting as a max load a .45 colt RFNL 255 grain bullet at 860 Feet Per Second. Which on paper, will produce a chamber pressure of 12,148 PSI and 410 Foot Pound muzzle energy. That's no slouch or mouse load. But its certainly no where near what more modern plus P ammo or Magnums can do. However, the load is about spot on for what these pistols were designed to do back in the day. When it was considered throughout the 1860's and 70' the most powerful hand gun in the world.

Since the conversion cylinder is classified as a 'part' and a black powder percussion pistol is not a regulated firearm. If they are purchased and shipped separately no FFL transfer is required, everything can be ordered through the internet. BUT! once the percussion pistol is in your possession you are required to follow your States carry laws. If you convert it to a cartridge cylinder like I did it is now considered a regulated firearm and must comply with State, Federal FFL transfer compliance laws.

Cool!
Old 06-16-20, 12:51 AM   #386
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

With all the BS going on, I found this:
Old 06-16-20, 01:16 AM   #387
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Old 06-16-20, 02:55 AM   #388
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

What are "pandemic gun buyers"

It has been some time but doesn't he make one or more mistakes while explaining?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 07:17 AM   #389
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Pandemic gun buyers: outspoken critics of gun ownership who immediately betray their beliefs when their political affiliates and co-rioters begin to burn, loot, and assault.

Which parts does he make mistakes on?
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 08:27 AM   #390
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Pandemic gun buyers: outspoken critics of gun ownership who immediately betray their beliefs when their political affiliates and co-rioters begin to burn, loot, and assault.

Which parts does he make mistakes on?
How is that related to COVID-19?

Tags
firearms, gun, guns, rifles