SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-07-21, 09:57 AM   #826
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor_Prien View Post
Done. I've also reloaded the mission from backup. Unfortunately no changes, the flag continues to behave in the same way as before. ( I have not any mod enabled, TWoS only )

Can you upload your patcher snapshot so I'll try with it?
You should already have my snapshot in "Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0\Snapshots\TWoS 2.2_Snapshot.gps"
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 10:02 AM   #827
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313
Uploads: 0

Ok so that's the exact one I have used
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 10:36 AM   #828
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Ok so that's the exact one I have used

One more thing is bothering me and I really can not find any other explanation except that something have indeed went wrong during your Generic Patcher activation...

1. You've edited map tool colors even though they are already set to "full black" for better visibility in TWoS, by default (through the provided shnapshot) ?
2. IIRC, you were talking something in one of the other threads that your manual diveplanes aren't working while submerged, or something like that? Forgive me if that was someone else...

All those these stuff are controlled by the Generic Patcher and that's why I strongly suspect that something went wrong there. We must make sure to sort this out before you continue with your modding since GP part is very important for the game...
Old 02-07-21, 01:29 PM   #829
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

* Another odd behaviour of that single mission is that the crew never close the conning tower hatch if you order periscope depth.You have to close it manually otherwise you can make a bit of scuba diving
I just saw this, sorry...Yes, definitely something is wrong with your installation I would suggest clean game/mod reinstallation but make sure to re-check PDF install instructions before that, especially "step 2" part.

EDIT:

Correction, if you use "F" key command, hatch may fail to close from some reason. There should be no problems with GUI command though...

Last edited by vdr1981; 02-07-21 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-08-21, 05:35 AM   #830
PiedrA1650
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Hi PiedrA1650,
TDC data aren't really resetting like that in correctly installed game/mod. I don't think you have performed step 2 from install instructions correctly... Update your mod to the latest version as well.
I'll never get to know how you guessed it right in the first try. Absolutely correct, I ran the Generic Patcher and just like you said, it looks like, when installing, I clicked "Yes" in every but one of the messages. A new window appeared showing something where you could read "stadimeter". The moment I saw it I knew everything was my fault.

My game works properly right now. Thank you SO MUCH!!!!
PiedrA1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 05:51 AM   #831
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
1. You've edited map tool colors even though they are already set to "full black" for better visibility in TWoS, by default (through the provided shnapshot) ?
2. IIRC, you were talking something in one of the other threads that your manual diveplanes aren't working while submerged, or something like that? Forgive me if that was someone else...
Reply to 1: Even before editing and with a fresh TWos install ( TWoS+Update ) I never have them set on black but on grey ( or similar ). What i mean is that from day one they were faint, no black colour by default. To install TWoS I've followed the instructions step by step ( also because the file are self installing so it becomes quite hard making something wrong , I presume)

Reply to 2: At the end I found what was causing the problem or rather, at least here, even with a vanilla TWoS install they do not work in single missions ( Historical ). In the campaign instead the work as per normal. Again this was so from day 1 of the TWoS installation when any files were edited/modified. As I've said before, it's from day one of the installation ( and I've also made a new fresh install just to be sure ), that single missions sometimes seems to act in a odd way with certain features that do not work in them while instead in the campaign missions everything have always run smooth as silk ( Never had a crash or any kind of problems from day 1 to now ). For some reasons I am not yet been able to pinpoint ( until now I was thinking that maybe this was normal ) even with a totaly fresh install of TWoS certain things act in an odd way in single missions.

As you know the installation procedure of TWoS is automated so I think it's quite hard to do something wrong...I am guessing a thing...Maybe it could be something that have to do that I use a Steam version of the game? ( As said just a guess )
Old 02-08-21, 06:10 AM   #832
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

A pleasure...

Yesterday my mouse went crazy ( I've aleady changed it ) and it auto deleted some files ( I have the edited copies of them but not the original ones ) so I would like to request if someone can gently do/upload the following things:

I need an original TWoS copy of these files:

- FastNoS.dds ( Located in Menu/Gui/Layout )

- Hud3OrderIcons.dds ( Located in Menu/Gui/Layout )

- Torp.dds ( Located in Menu/Gui/Units )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

- When I've installed TWoS I have deleted the file about the Tipperary song ( The one played by the Russian orchestra ) that if I remember correctly was located in Data/Sound/Music ( and I forgot to make a backup of it at that time ). About this file I neeed only these two things:

- The confirmation that the file is really located in the folder indicated above

- If yes the name of the original file ( I have already a copy of the file I will just rename it correctly )

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-08-21, 06:57 AM   #833
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

As you know the installation procedure of TWoS is automated so I think it's quite hard to do something wrong...I am guessing a thing...Maybe it could be something that have to do that I use a Steam version of the game? ( As said just a guess )
Do you use some antivirus program which could silently prevent your sh5.exe file from necessary Generic Patcher modification? Can you post few screenshots of your Generic Patcher window with few opened subsections?

Also, please perform a quick test. Dive to any depth in any mission and command "ahead standard" for example . Does your main speed indicator always stays one step behind compared to the selected speed? Throw a few screenshots of this as well...
Old 02-08-21, 06:59 AM   #834
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedrA1650 View Post
I'll never get to know how you guessed it right in the first try. Absolutely correct, I ran the Generic Patcher and just like you said, it looks like, when installing, I clicked "Yes" in every but one of the messages. A new window appeared showing something where you could read "stadimeter". The moment I saw it I knew everything was my fault.

My game works properly right now. Thank you SO MUCH!!!!
I'm really glad that I could help. Happy hunting!
Old 02-08-21, 01:10 PM   #835
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 584
Uploads: 7

Quote:
I need an original TWoS copy of these files:

- FastNoS.dds ( Located in Menu/Gui/Layout )

- Hud3OrderIcons.dds ( Located in Menu/Gui/Layout )

- Torp.dds ( Located in Menu/Gui/Units )

Here you can find the files: https://www.mediafire.com/file/s47g7.../data.zip/file

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 01:46 PM   #836
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
Really many thanks mate! Perfect!
Old 02-08-21, 02:47 PM   #837
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

@ vdr1981

I've took the short way and I'm making a fresh install.
After it I will check and I will report eventually issues left/noted ( Hopefully any )
Old 02-08-21, 04:05 PM   #838
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Tipperary song.. & locality..

Quote:

- When I've installed TWoS I have deleted the file about the Tipperary song ( The one played by the Russian orchestra ) that if I remember correctly was located in Data/Sound/Music ( and I forgot to make a backup of it at that time ). About this file I neeed only these two things:

- The confirmation that the file is really located in the folder indicated above

- If yes the name of the original file ( I have already a copy of the file I will just rename it correctly )

Thanks in advance!
Ahoy, Viktor_Prien...

Did a look see with My copy of SH5+TWoS v2.2.22, just know is the latest version of the mega at any rate...

In the data/sound/music... did NOT see any signs of the tipperary song.

However, looking into the /gramophone sub-section of /sound... I did find a sound file located there for it, tagged as follows:

01_Tipperary

2.63 MB & length of 00:2:37

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 02-09-21 at 02:41 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 05:04 PM   #839
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Thanks mate even if I have now made a fresh install your help and support has been very much appreciated here!

Danke Herr Kaleun!

Old 02-09-21, 06:29 PM   #840
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Fresh new install everything untouched, patcher untouched, no additional mods activated. ( TWoS full install files re-downloaded from here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=210703 )
Single mission " German Jet Fighters ".
Sub flag behaviour exactly as before of the new install or rather waving in the wrong direction.
Navigation tool markings: faint and not black by default

Campaign missions, everything fine. ( Except navigation tool markings that, as expected, remain of a light grey colour and barely visible, especially in 4K res )

In brief, as I was expecting because I was sure of not having touched anything about this, the game behave exactly as before the fresh install or rather, in campaign missions everything working working as planned ( again tool markings colours apart ), Single mission some features display odd behaviour in respect to what planned ( Nothing major, I use single missions only for tests ).

In the next days I'll check if the flag behaviour is relevant only to the misssion reported above or also to other ones.

*Additional tip: The TWoS mod definitively needs a rework of the font sizes and HUD icons dedicated to the 4K resolution. Until 2K res everything is good but in 4K res almost all the writings and HUD icons remains very small and hard to be seen ( Writings in particular ). If you can prepare me a list of all the files ( or at least the major ones just to have an idea where to look at quickly ) that affect the font size ( No need for the HUD because I already know where all the files of interest are located ), if for you is ok, I'll take care of making the necessary modifications ( I'll realise them as a stand alone mod so you can then manage them at your will ). Requesting the list to shorten realisation times.

Reported only for your knowledge, as said no major issues with the game at all. The TWoS mod is a blast and your work has been exceptional, not a single doubt about it!

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 02-09-21 at 06:49 PM.