SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-12, 06:47 PM   #1
topper6
Watch

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Default Getting sick and tired of this.

Since i, obviously, was dumb enough to buy a half finished game, SH5, i went here to try and fix it. Just to be greatly disappointed with a download limit on mods, making this s**t even worse. I have never seen or experienced a game more hard to play EVER than this game. Since i bought this game i guess i have played it for max 24h and the rest i've spent trying the following:

To be able to play it, i've spent more than two weeks (trying to) reading forums, installing, uninstalling, having to learn what JSGM is, reading tutorials for that, whatching youtube videos for JSGM, having to learn what "ctd" (crash to desktop) mean, playing the game for some seconds, then going back here to search for mods, trying to be a programmer, downloading 4gb patches, playing the game with or withour the 4bg patch, searching for mods which is totally impossible with the search function on this forum, reading more threads with 1 million different colours making it more impossible to get a comprehensive view, trying to download a megamod not designed for my keyboard and getting halfway of above said download limit. I've been installing, uninstalling mods and getting no where.

Can anyone explain why i should play this game or even bother to try to continue to play it???

And not all hardcore players are, nor want to, try to be a programmer or search 100 threads to play a game.

Why can't you have 1 (one) thread with a program (name.exe) that just patches the **** with the most common UPDATED mods so i don't have to try to act as a programmer?????

Put this post as a sticky please with 1 (one) USEFUL answer and that exe-file i want.

This is my, as i feel now, last post in this matter.

EDIT: Repost from another thread since i posted in the wrong fourm/thread. Sorry.
topper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 06:53 PM   #2
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

It is complicated , but thats what we have . Good post though .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 07:09 PM   #3
topper6
Watch

Downloads: 52

At the moment i can't evey play my game since it CTD whenever i attack a large convoy. Going to bed now so i don't smash my computer.
topper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 07:50 PM   #4
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper6 View Post
i went here to try and fix it.

To be able to play it, i've spent more than two weeks

Can anyone explain why i should play this game or even bother to try to continue to play it???
Your desire for something that interest you is the answer really. You're wanting a quick fix for everything that others spent waiting and learning along the way from release which required alot of work from others providing it for us.

Why you should play the game is basically up to you....
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 01:20 AM   #5
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper6 View Post
Why can't you have 1 (one) thread with a program (name.exe) that just patches the **** with the most common UPDATED mods so i don't have to try to act as a programmer?????
Though there is no EXE patch for all mods (I really can't see how this could be done, given the many modders that work to improve this game) I recommend you this excellent mod list made and updated on a regular basis by Sober:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374

The first post shows the order of mods, and the second post gives you the link for each mod to download. Just follow the instructions and you'll have the best SH5 experience to date.

Or, if this seems a daunting task for you, try the latest supermod here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=197546

While not having as much content as Sober's modlist, it's still a very enjoyable experience, and it's really easy to install if you follow the instructions (just 3 or 4 mods).

Anyway, for the best experience, do yourself a favor and apply the "unofficial patch" here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433

It's easy to use and addresses a lot of core (coding) issues left by devs.

As to why you should play SH5, this is really up to you. Anyway, after extensively playing all the games of the series I can assure you that, IMO, with all the mods and patches created by this community, SH5 provides the best gaming experience and immersion of the franchise.

Give it a chance, and you'll see how it grows on you
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote