SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-12-16, 06:47 PM   #2581
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Ok, why is it just me that keeps getting these destroyers all the time. At least this was alittle different.

First, screenie is from the Museum.

These next ones are from the game. I counted 10 of these ships before the game crashed on me.

Above is from the Nav map.

These are pictures of the ships, some of them anyway.

There were ten of these destroyers in a staggered line from east to west. I was able to scan the whole line and take these screenies before the game finally crashed. German destroyers south of Tokyo Bay. Totally weird.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-16, 07:03 PM   #2582
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

I think the Shinano is looking pretty good, s7rikeback.

Old 11-12-16, 07:05 PM   #2583
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Looks like the New Jersey class BB needs some texture work done.

Old 11-12-16, 07:20 PM   #2584
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Looks like the New Jersey class BB needs some texture work done.

Don't get me started, I do not understand this at all.
I'm currently all over this, and out of every ten times i run the museum it's 50/50 on working or not working.

YET:
[Texture 1]
TextureName=data/Sea/NBB_NewJersey/NBB_NewJersey_T01.tga
LightmapTextureName=data/Sea/NBB_NewJersey/NBB_NewJersey_O01.tga
NormalmapTextureName=data/Sea/NBB_NewJersey/NBB_NewJersey_N01.tga
StartDate=19430523
EndDate=20001231
Frequency=1

There is only one texture call off - so if it works first time, it should work EVERYTIME ?!?!? GRrrr

Dat File.

Last edited by s7rikeback; 11-12-16 at 07:59 PM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-16, 07:42 PM   #2585
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Don't get me started, I do not understand this at all.
I'm currently all over this, and out of every ten times i run the museum it's 50/50 on working or not working.

YET:
[Texture 1]
TextureName=data/Sea/NBB_NewJersey/NBB_NewJersey_T01.tga
LightmapTextureName=data/Sea/NBB_NewJersey/NBB_NewJersey_O01.tga
NormalmapTextureName=data/Sea/NBB_NewJersey/NBB_NewJersey_N01.tga
StartDate=19430523
EndDate=20001231
Frequency=1

There is only one texture call off - so if it works first time, it should work EVERYTIME ?!?!? GRrrr
My only 100% working solution is to link the 3d model & texture calls to the BBIowa.

It would reduce our memory footprint slightly which is a good thing, but only hides the problem as there may be more elsewhere down the line. And I'm sure this is fixable but outside my grasp..
Old 11-12-16, 09:24 PM   #2586
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Actually, the New Jersey is an Iowa Class vessel, and is [Unit 2] in its BBIowa.cfg file in the Roster structure. We could completely eliminate the New Jersey folder. We'd just have to go through the Campaign and MIS files to find calls to it and change them to add a "Name=_US BB New Jersey" before the Class & Type calls for an Iowa... I think... Can we add the New Jersey N, O and T textures into the NBB_Iowa folder? It'd be really nice to have a 32-7a dazzle for them too... Any takers?...

As for cdrsubron7's spawning... It's beginning to look like this "naming" problem is probably one of, if not ~the~ issue. We just have to find them all. The Bismarck is probably just the main one...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-16, 09:53 PM   #2587
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

It seems I have problems of my own to deal with also. Of the some 26 missions that I've made sofar for FOTRSU I've found that in 0.29 Beta that only 9 missions will run correctly and open in the ME. 13 of the missions crash when trying to play them and also won't open in the ME. Two missions will play correctly but crash the ME when I try to open them.

Will tackle this tomorrow, it's been along day.

Old 11-13-16, 11:06 AM   #2588
bwchaney
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default english

I probably missed it but is there an english version of fotrs 2.0. will the ultimate be in english. I do have 1.5 and can play version 1.3 is that the best i can do. Brian
Old 11-13-16, 11:14 AM   #2589
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwchaney View Post
I probably missed it but is there an english version of fotrs 2.0. will the ultimate be in english. I do have 1.5 and can play version 1.3 is that the best i can do. Brian
No, there is only the German version of FOTRS v2.0.
Yes, FOTRSU will be in English.
That is correct, FOTRS v1.3 is the only version available at the moment. FOTRSU is still in production.

Old 11-13-16, 11:23 AM   #2590
bwchaney
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default release

is fotrs ultimate release imminent. I know things take time; juat curious. Brian
Old 11-13-16, 11:43 AM   #2591
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwchaney View Post
is fotrs ultimate release imminent. I know things take time; juat curious. Brian

I believe that there is a public Beta release coming soon. How soon I can't really say.

Old 11-13-16, 12:25 PM   #2592
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

After 3 patrols there's only 1 oddity I've noticed, its May 6th 1942 and green convoys are exiting those islands at the Corridor II location, is this as intended or is it not?.
I was too far away to investigate it at the time but on my next patrol I'll be heading over there to take a closer look.

ML.

Edit,
in the 42a_Jap_Convoys mission file you have some different CommandEntries, can you explain what they mean,
CommandEntry=0
CommandEntry=2
CommandEntry=5
CommandEntry=6
I think the convoy which is a green colour is
[RndGroup 41]
GroupName=42a_Jap_Convoys_141
its got the CommandEntry=2 for this group, there's only 1 of these in the whole file so I think this could be the problem, and then again it might not be.

Last edited by Moonlight; 11-13-16 at 01:17 PM.
Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-16, 04:10 PM   #2593
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Downloads: 290
Uploads: 0

Heading in for some more testing today. First thing I noticed after installing the newest build is that the target ship in the torpedo school is missing. Only boat is a small fishing sampan.

Jack
Navigator857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-16, 08:34 PM   #2594
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator857 View Post
Heading in for some more testing today. First thing I noticed after installing the newest build is that the target ship in the torpedo school is missing. Only boat is a small fishing sampan.

Jack
There's possibly also a plane downed on the island behind you, up on the hill... Anyway, I've been looking into what you had Navigator857, and some of what cdrsubron7 has encountered, and it looks like the TSR files associated with some of the MIS files did not make it into the zip file used to upload the reworked files into for inclusion in the mod. Look on your game menu, and if you choose Sub School, or Single Missions, or basically anything other than the campaign, there are several "blank" lines where there should be a mission title. You might see a listing for a submarine, but nothing for the title or mission briefing. Those are the ones without the TSR file, and those most likely will not function correctly. Fix is in the works...

As for the spawning, we think a lot of that is caused by any sort of bad data between the mission or campaign files and the "assets" files. In other words, if a ship is called one thing in the data, and the mission calls it something else, there is a problem as the game engine tries to comply and not throw an error message, with a CTD as a last resort... Hammer hammer chisel drill... nothin' to see here but @$$3$ and elbows...

Old 11-13-16, 08:51 PM   #2595
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
After 3 patrols there's only 1 oddity I've noticed, its May 6th 1942 and green convoys are exiting those islands at the Corridor II location, is this as intended or is it not?.
I was too far away to investigate it at the time but on my next patrol I'll be heading over there to take a closer look.

ML.

Edit,
in the 42a_Jap_Convoys mission file you have some different CommandEntries, can you explain what they mean,
CommandEntry=0
CommandEntry=2
CommandEntry=5
CommandEntry=6
I think the convoy which is a green colour is
[RndGroup 41]
GroupName=42a_Jap_Convoys_141
its got the CommandEntry=2 for this group, there's only 1 of these in the whole file so I think this could be the problem, and then again it might not be.
I've not gotten a chance to play the campaign myself the last few days, chasing down this Mission file stuff, but someone will get in there to look. The CommanEntries stuff has to do with the Random Group calls. I do not pretend to understand much about the mission files, but I believe it corresponds to the CommandUnitName in the "standard" group definitions. In other words, which ship in the group is the leader. I do not know that for certain. What I do know, is that plain text editing of that particular file did not show any invalid calls, yet when I open it in the ME, I am showing several bad calls in there. Needless to say, if the Bismark versus the Bismarck issue is any indicator, several of those convoys - 6 of them if I counted correctly - have the potential to do a run-away spawn... More hammer hammer drill sigh work yet to go...

Edit: btw, The game counts things a bit strange... The CommandEntry stuff starts at zero, but the RandomGroup stuff starts at one. So the RandomUnit 1 is CommandEntry=0. CommandEntry=6 would mean RandomUnit 7... I think... I may be all wet behind the ears on that, but that's what I've seen if I create my own stuff...

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-13-16 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Counting 0, 1, 2, 3...