Downloads: 214
Uploads: 0

Old 08-06-21, 05:18 PM   #7847
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

^

But however clever the attempts to explain this strange and - I cannot say it any different - stupid attitude: I notice for my own part that I, personally, react increasingly allergic and aggressive to it.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

“Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice. One may protest against evil; it can be exposed and, if need be, prevented by use of force. Evil always carries within itself the germ of its own subversion in that it leaves behind in human beings at least a sense of unease. Against stupidity we are defenseless. Neither protests nor the use of force accomplish anything here; reasons fall on deaf ears; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed – in such moments the stupid person even becomes critical – and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental. In all this the stupid person, in contrast to the malicious one, is utterly self satisfied and, being easily irritated, becomes dangerous by going on the attack. For that reason, greater caution is called for when dealing with a stupid person than with a malicious one. Never again will we try to persuade the stupid person with reasons, for it is senseless and dangerous.”

He wrote that in a different context, in a letter from prison where he was finally assassianted by the Nazis, but stupid is stupid, no matter whether displayed in context with political ideology and regimes, or individual behaviour or mass behaviour in different contexts. His explanations have general value, and I am convinced they are so very true. I wish I could act according to them and remind myself of them more often, that would save me quite some energy.
Old 08-06-21, 05:49 PM   #7848
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Are antivaxxer and those who believe in vaccination fabricating lies about each other ?

Just wondering, since I do not follow them you may enlighten me.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 06:03 PM   #7849
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Mark of the beast.

Someone wrote a comment I never seen before... He wrote that this vaccine was the mark of the beast. Reason should be that no one in some countries can't do anything if they doesn't got the vaccine, soon it will be world wide

An interesting point of view I must say-No I do not believe it.

Markus
Religious concerns aside, the entire world has gone about this the wrong way. All that has been done with lockdowns, masks, distancing is extending the duration. Whether it is who gets sick or who dies, the total number will be the same in the end.

Every other coronavirus that makes people sick with a cold started out like this one - once it killed a bunch of people, it mutated to the point that it is just a cold. The last coronavirus in the late 1800s took 2 years to become endemic. I fear all we've done is extend that time to much much longer for this coronavirus.
3catcircus is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 06:43 PM   #7850
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Religious concerns aside, the entire world has gone about this the wrong way. All that has been done with lockdowns, masks, distancing is extending the duration. Whether it is who gets sick or who dies, the total number will be the same in the end.

Every other coronavirus that makes people sick with a cold started out like this one - once it killed a bunch of people, it mutated to the point that it is just a cold. The last coronavirus in the late 1800s took 2 years to become endemic. I fear all we've done is extend that time to much much longer for this coronavirus.
That's just your opinion. My opinion is we could be better off now and not facing a fourth wave if people just got the vaccine ASAP.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 07:16 PM   #7851
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Mark of the beast.

Someone wrote a comment I never seen before... He wrote that this vaccine was the mark of the beast. Reason should be that no one in some countries can't do anything if they doesn't got the vaccine, soon it will be world wide

An interesting point of view I must say-No I do not believe it.

Markus
I did not say that the virus was the same as the mark of the beast Markus, but that it was similar.

These new laws to prove you have your Covid-19 shots to eat or drink or buy or sell are very much like the end times as prophesied.

Forerunners perhaps
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 07:23 PM   #7852
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post

Unfortunately, you have no inkling of how combatting viruses works but are somehow convinced your ignorance is insight, claiming the complete opposite of a sane, rational conclusion.

My mother contracted all known forms of polio a mere year before Salk's vaccine was released to the general public. This was when she was ten years old. It left her confined to a wheelchair, needing a rigid, clamshell fiberglass full torso back brace to be able to sit upright. The strength in her arms was quite limited and she was nearly quadriplegic. Never-the-less, she persevered, married, had what all the doctors in her region agreed (after the fact) was a miraculous pregnancy and (c section) delivery, did all the duties that any other wife and mother could accomplish (as a military spouse then in civilian life, as well) and maintained as much independence as she could manage in her lifetime (transportation on the road in a sidecar driven motorcycle that nobody had to help her board and operate, etc.).

The children that suffered alongside her didn't always fair so well. There were always a percentage of those that died but among survivors there were a growing percentage of those that required the use of an iron lung for the remainder of their lifetimes. There were also some that did not have as severe symptoms that were left with little to no side effects from their experience.

Any who might suggest letting nature take its course and allowing natural selection to kill off the weak until 'herd immunity' was achieved were categorized as ignorant and cruel. Salk's vaccine was rightfully heralded as a modern medicine miracle (that was desperately needed).

As were the vaccines for Small Pox, Whooping Cough, Typhoid Fever, Measles, Yellow Fever, Cholera, Diphtheria and so forth. Mandatory vaccination to prevent large scale outbreaks in schools and the military has existed for over two centuries. I certainly had to go through a battery of shots prior to deployment.

I blame the internet for this widespread embracing of militant ignorance (as well as insulation of people from the need of society versus the misplaced wants of self - even when it comes to the responsibility to their own children). While it's true that no one person can be an expert in all things scientific, medical or otherwise, in all things historical, recent or ancient, in all things political, in any and all ideologies; it seems the most ignorant of humanity tries to express themselves as such on the internet behind the comfort of anonymity be it on forums that actually deal with such matters or forums devoted to online games or human perversions of various nature.

I sincerely regret having found this and a couple of other threads on Subsim and having said my say will attempt to avoid this apparently inevitable underside of discussion that seems part of every forum in existence online (pretending that all my fellow Subsimmers are actually not driven to such vitriolic behavior in public).

Last edited by Arlo; 08-06-21 at 07:32 PM.
Arlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 07:23 PM   #7853
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
That's just your opinion. My opinion is we could be better off now and not facing a fourth wave if people just got the vaccine ASAP.
According to California public health you all have reached herd immunity. Where is the fourth wave going to hit?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 07:36 PM   #7854
Buddahaid

Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana and Florida are pretty exposed and numbers are rising in my hospitals over the last few weeks.

David Bowie
Old 08-06-21, 07:43 PM   #7855
CheckSix
Watch

'Strange and stupid attitudes' you say?

Here is the latest Public Health England technical briefing on Covid-19 variants of concern.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...riefing_20.pdf

This data refutes the uncorroborated assertions being made concerning vaccine efficacy.

It shows that people who have had at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine account for 39% of all confirmed cases of the Delta Covid-19 variant since February 1st 2021 up to 2nd August 2021.

That the injections do not prevent infection or transmission was recently confirmed in a document published by the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE).

https://assets.publishing.service.go...SARS-CoV-2.pdf

What is more disturbing however, the PHE data reveals that the vaccines meant to reduce the risk of hospitalisation by up to 95% have actually increased it by 48%.

Furthermore, rather than the vaccines reducing the risk of death by 95% when exposed, they have in fact increased it by 431.25% and the risk of death once hospitalised with Covid-19 if fully vaccinated increases by 262.5%.

When faced with doltish intransigence in the face of observable fact, I am inclined to believe Mr. Dietrich Bonhoeffer's observation was rather astute.
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 08:19 PM   #7856
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Thank you CheckSix for going to all of that trouble to post your found data
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 09:15 PM   #7857
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckSix View Post
'Strange and stupid attitudes' you say?

Here is the latest Public Health England technical briefing on Covid-19 variants of concern.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...riefing_20.pdf

This data refutes the uncorroborated assertions being made concerning vaccine efficacy.

It shows that people who have had at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine account for 39% of all confirmed cases of the Delta Covid-19 variant since February 1st 2021 up to 2nd August 2021.

That the injections do not prevent infection or transmission was recently confirmed in a document published by the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE).

https://assets.publishing.service.go...SARS-CoV-2.pdf

What is more disturbing however, the PHE data reveals that the vaccines meant to reduce the risk of hospitalisation by up to 95% have actually increased it by 48%.

Furthermore, rather than the vaccines reducing the risk of death by 95% when exposed, they have in fact increased it by 431.25% and the risk of death once hospitalised with Covid-19 if fully vaccinated increases by 262.5%.

When faced with doltish intransigence in the face of observable fact, I am inclined to believe Mr. Dietrich Bonhoeffer's observation was rather astute.
I read that differently. I see that for people under fifty, those with full vaccination are considrably better off, those over fifty have very mixed results but those are people most likely to be highly comprimised in the first place.

David Bowie
Old 08-06-21, 09:40 PM   #7858
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

I honestly can’t understand what’s wrong with you crazy vaccine-lovers. My friend on Facebook told me that vaccines contain tiny little bombs that Obama will use to blow you up if you sing the US national anthem.

But you all believe these random scientists with decades of experience studying diseases - as if that matters, when vaccines are clearly a political issue with no science involved!
Old 08-06-21, 10:20 PM   #7859
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
I honestly can’t understand what’s wrong with you crazy vaccine-lovers. My friend on Facebook told me that vaccines contain tiny little bombs that Obama will use to blow you up if you sing the US national anthem.

But you all believe these random scientists with decades of experience studying diseases - as if that matters, when vaccines are clearly a political issue with no science involved!

Well there is that verse that mentions hirlings and slaves.....

David Bowie
Old 08-07-21, 01:06 AM   #7860
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana and Florida are pretty exposed and numbers are rising in my hospitals over the last few weeks.
Post your data.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan