Old 06-07-20, 04:16 PM   #256
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
August,
Do you remember being that young and dumb enough to believe that same stuff?

Yeah. I remember all the years and riots.
Pretty much resulted in nothing!

Yeah it would almost be worth letting the Dems back into power just to see them let down another generation.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 06:23 PM   #257
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/de...20Policing.pdf

Little green men in the streets of Wahsington. Though this time probably not Putin's, but Trump's.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/u...-protests.html

Last edited by Skybird; 06-07-20 at 06:35 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 06:31 PM   #258
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/de...20Policing.pdf

Little green men in the streets of Wahsington. Though this time probably not Putin's, but Trump's.

You have absolutely no clue of what you are talking about as usual Skybird. Those are US Marshals.
Old 06-07-20, 09:37 PM   #259
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yeah it would almost be worth letting the Dems back into power just to see them let down another generation.
Well, if you think about it, Dems have been in power in all these cities that are self-destructing. Been in power for decades, right?

As my friend Kevin Williamson pointed out:

Quote:
The progressives — Pat Brown and the rest — thought they had the answers back in the 1960s. And they have had almost exclusive political control over cities such as Minneapolis for decades. There isn’t a single Republican on the Minneapolis city council and hasn’t been for decades. It is remarkable to see Democrats strutting around saying, “See, we were right all along!” against the background of a catastrophe that happened on their watch. This is not a petty partisan point — it raises a real question: If progressives know what’s good for cities such as Minneapolis, why have they done such a poor job governing them?

Cities such as New York are extremely dependent upon a small number of very wealthy taxpayers — hooray for that progressive tax code. Rich people have options. If they go seeking safe haven, they take their tax dollars with them, which degrades municipal services and governance, which gives the middle class an incentive to move, at least to the suburbs. That’s what happened in American cities after the riots of the 1960s, and it wasn’t just old-line WASPs moving out: Detroit’s black middle class largely left the city, as did much of Washington’s. Minneapolis’s Jewish neighborhoods were left behind by Jewish residents (the riots there in 1967 had a distinctly anti-Jewish aspect), and Philadelphia’s white-ethnic immigrant communities got over the city limit as fast as they could — which turned out to be pretty fast. The people who were left behind were largely black and mostly poor.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 09:51 PM   #260
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Yeah, the Democrats are pretty inept as far as centre-right parties go. Perhaps what America needs is a centre-left party along the lines of the ALP. That way there wouldn’t just be the Republicans and the watered-down Republicans. Because it seems like the Democrats are just trying to be a right-wing party that appeals to the left-wing, and that’s just stupid.

Last edited by Cybermat47; 06-07-20 at 10:24 PM.
Cybermat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 10:25 PM   #261
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Yeah, the Democrats are pretty inept as far as centre-right parties go. Perhaps what America needs is a left-wing party along the lines of the ALP. That way there wouldn’t just be the Republicans and the watered-down Republicans.

Just the way you spell center tells me that your center and my center are two very different political points. It seems the centre spelling group tends to be far more Bolshevik than us center spelling types.
Old 06-07-20, 11:26 PM   #262
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Just the way you spell center tells me that your center and my center are two very different political points. It seems the centre spelling group tends to be far more Bolshevik than us center spelling types.
You should apologise to all the tankies who keep calling me an American imperialist pawn right now
Old 06-08-20, 06:34 AM   #263
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Just the way you spell center tells me that your center and my center are two very different political points.
Being Australian means he is spelling it the same way as in the UK which to some is the correct way.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 08:58 AM   #264
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
A good leader will come? [...] if he is elected we will be involved in another military excursion within two years and absolutely nothing will be done about your social justice causes.
The Deep State does not abide with challenges to it's omnipotent authority and it's Military Industrial Complex will demand more targets for their shiny new weapons. They are only pandering to you now to regain power. Once they do they will come down a lot harder than Trump ever threatened to do.
Dumb and dumber. "Social justice causes" will not be cleared by Trump, this is for sure.

And the "deep state" is a left wing conspiracy that wants to build more weapons and go to war? Imperialism and weapon building is of course so typical "left wing"
And Trump stands between them and the good brave citizen.
You really have to read this to see what some people believe.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 09:10 AM   #265
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I myself have problems believing in this deep state theory.

When this is said one may wonder who's really in charged when poor gets poorer and rich gets richer whoever have been in charge.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 09:28 AM   #266
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 09:39 AM   #267
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
-snip-
Well, nothing new there. Leopold Amery, a contemporary of Churchill, fellow member of the Conservative Party and Secretary of State for India and Burma, wrote that “on the subject of India, Winston is not quite sane”, even going as far as to compare him to Hitler, as he reportedly called the Indians "a beastly people with a beastly religion".

In fact, he went as far as to say that “I do not admit... that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America, or the black people of Australia... by the fact that a stronger race, a higher grade race... has come in and taken its place”.

Does any of this change what Churchill achieved in WWII? No. All it does is present a better picture of a man who was as complicated and as contradictory as everyone else is.
Old 06-08-20, 09:51 AM   #268
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
And the "deep state" is a left wing conspiracy that wants to build more weapons and go to war? Imperialism and weapon building is of course so typical "left wing"
I don't believe that the "deep state/ administrative state/ military industrial complex" has any political allegiance. This is easly seen in the fact that it has survived and flourished under both Republican and Democrat administrations.

As to imperialism and weapon building with regards to the USA ...same aurgument as above.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 10:24 AM   #269
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

The 'Deep State is too deep for me to understand'

Perhaps we could talk about the obvious right in front of us ... the deep deception of the left wing/radical's trying to regain control of our conservative/right wing country in just five (5) more months.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 11:12 AM   #270
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The little remnant of respect I had towards those demonstrating has now disappeared.

Read in Swedish news that certain protesters in Gothenburg had both looted and smashed a moving car with furniture.

According to main stream media, this moving car was looted by protesters.

According to an alt-right newspaper, dark-skinned people had done this. There were pictures of the incident in this article.

Whether it was black, white or a mixture who have done this, it is a completely unforgivable behavior and my little respect are now gone.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
police, riots