Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-20, 11:05 PM   #241
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I almost think it is anti-American for an ex-general ( perhaps they are like the POTUS always a general) to talk bad about the President. Generals can't do it in war time while serving the USA, but they can vent their view afterwards?
So Americans who served America in order to protect, among other things, the 1st Amendment, are unpatriotic if they exercise their 1st Amendment rights after they retire?
Old 06-06-20, 11:11 PM   #242
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
What gave them the right to condemn and openly criticize a duly elected official and their Commander in Chief?
Trump was never Allen’s commander in chief, as Allen resigned during the Obama administration, in 2013 to be exact.

Mattis also resigned from the Marines during Obama’s fourth year in office, and served as Secretary of Defence under Trump until 2019.

So, with both men now firmly out of the military chain of command, Trump is no longer their commander in chief, and their right to criticise him comes from the 1st Amendment.
Old 06-06-20, 11:56 PM   #243
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yep, with everyone falling all over themselves getting on this bandwagon, they sure don't have time to address the lives destroyed and ended in these riots. Free stuff!

And these idiots want to abolish the police entirely. Be careful what you ask for...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ys-police.html

Quote:
Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey has been booed out of a Black Lives Matter demonstration after refusing to defund the city's police department - as Rep. Ilhan Omar calls for it to be disbanded.

Jacob Frey, we have a yes or no question,' a woman leading the protest asked, prompting cheers from the crowd. 'Yes or no, will you commit to defunding the Minneapolis Police Department?'

The woman then states that protesters want 'no more police' and reminded them that Frey's response should be considered ahead of the city's mayoral election next year.

'And if he says no, guess what the ******* we're going to do next year?' the woman asks the cheering crowd.

The woman then demands the mayor leave after he refuses their request.

'Alright, get the ******* out of here! Bye!' the woman says.
Ok, go ahead and pull all the police out of Minneapolis if that's what you want. But set up a perimeter around the city and don't let anyone out.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 06:34 AM   #244
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
You must of heard by now that President Trump has ordered 10,000 troops to leave Germany without asking NATO
As a matter of fact this was coming since long, was known that it was intended sooner or later. Its just that the way it is done now - without a single word told to the Germans - is what the way it gets done now is about: tit-for-tat. Trump did want to have a G7 summit, then he canclled it, then he wanted it again and brinbg Putin (who is under European sanctions) to the table as well, and Merkel said we have a pandmeic raging, and Trump loves to ignores pandemics, and he took it queer that Merkel refused to come to his summit (which for Trump is nothign else but a publicity stunt for his eleciton campaign to distratc form the messy crisis managament of his). The angr ylittle boy did not get what he wanted and aunt Angie refused to play according to his screenplay, and so he sneaks into her back and kicks her from behind. Trumponomics at their usual standard.

Ameicna and German commentators agree that trump here again wills to shoot america in tis own foot, because the US troops are no longe rin germany to "protect" it, but becasue of original own Americna interest (logistics, intel node, temrinal for operaitons in africa, Middle East and transportaiton to the East). German sympathy for Americ ahas colled trmeendously int he apst three years, and it is only some regional jobs that form an interest to have the troops still here. Whats more, a treaty exists that bans NATO from moving more troops more eastward. If parts of these troops indeed end up not going home but being sent to Poland, Russia will ract by ignoring its share in that treaty as well. Then Trump has successfully sacked another treaty for his collection.

Thank God we finally got rid of his alter ego Grenell as ambassador, a diplomatic nightmare of maximum proportions. Imperial arrogance meets impertinent interference, He acted as if he were sort of an American vicegerent in an occupied Germany after the war. Zero diplomatic instict, but a huge pride in kicking doors in instead of knocking. But he once complained about never having had a real chance to arrive due to German frostiness? Look in the mirror, stupid. With your behaviour you cannot expect doors opening in a warm welcome. Trump planted him as bomb anyway, I suppose, to piss the Germans as much as possible.

There are many more things. North Stream 2. Snowden's relevations on to what degree the US spies on literally everybody (no limits). Lets stop here.
Old 06-07-20, 09:14 AM   #245
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
As a matter of fact this was coming since long, was known that it was intended sooner or later. Its just that the way it is done now - without a single word told to the Germans

So you knew that it was going to happen but now you're claiming that you weren't notified at all. Well our troops are scheduled to leave in September so you're getting three whole months notification. Maybe you'll pay attention this time.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 10:22 AM   #246
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/...-16803568.html

In this interview, the police chief of of Bend in Oregon confirms that the trainign to become polcie officer lasts - 17 weeks. He expresses anger and sadness at the bad training of the poplice officers in the video, saiyng that to him they simply did not know well enough what to do, and he traces that back to being not trained well enough. He identifies a systematic failure in police training, lakcing funds not allowing regular retraining, and criticises the trend for a general military style in the police.

9 weeks. 11 weeks, 17 weeks. That just does not cut it. There must be reasons why other countries take years to train their police officers.

Quote:
How is it in other places? Are you looking for the strong man there?

That is the third problem. The culture of the American police force. Five years ago we started to change our culture in Bend. Away from this researched warrior mentality. This ideal of war came into our police culture around the mid-2000s.

Where did it come from?

If you ask me: From a man named Colonel Grossmann.

He is a psychologist from the West Point Military Academy.

He is very intelligent, very popular. I was in his seminars. He teaches the warrior's mindset: "No matter what happens, you have to come back to your family in the evening." A very, very interesting, unique perspective. I'm not against everything he teaches because I think police officers must actually be warriors when necessary. After that, however, they must become civil servants again. This warrior mentality permeated our entire profession. You could see Colonel Grossmann quotes on colleagues' lockers. Colleagues were heard talking about him. He knows well how to survive a fire fight, how to fight for his life. But that can only be a perspective and not the only one. But it did. We have to get away from it today and say: We are not warriors. We are protectors. There is resistance to this, but it is slowly taking hold. We are a decade or two away from eliminating the grievances.
Old 06-07-20, 10:34 AM   #247
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

This is a quick update to the video JimBuna posted regrading a police attack on an older man in Buffalo New York. The two officers in the video have been charged with 2nd degree Assault which is a Felony. The officers have plead not guilty.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ng-75-n1226566

It seems to me the stupid assault by the police officers is proving the case and cause of the protestors.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 12:03 PM   #248
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

I've clicked on a lot of the news links posted and get a popup blocking the screen, asking for my support or from what I can make out they send you updates if you continue.
I have had to cancel 2 already because I selected to continue, this isn't just US news I get it on some UK news sites as well.

I just got one on the link posted above so I left it.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 01:58 PM   #249
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777 View Post
I've clicked on a lot of the news links posted and get a popup blocking the screen, asking for my support or from what I can make out they send you updates if you continue.
I have had to cancel 2 already because I selected to continue, this isn't just US news I get it on some UK news sites as well.

I just got one on the link posted above so I left it.

Col.
Try this: https://www.adaware.com/ad-blocker

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 02:24 PM   #250
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

Hi Jim,
Thanks I downloaded it but still got the popup blocking the page, I already have an ad blocker but I tried this one as well.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 02:26 PM   #251
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

I'm just glad that the violence and riots aren't spilling into our town. Our town is one of the safest in Indiana.

I think that everyone here who lives in the US is scared right now, even I am!
This is the result of a broken Political system and a broken society. We need to add more rules to the Constitution or whatever so the president can't be like Trump is today.
We should have more precautions and teach Cops to stop something dangerous that another cop is doing, not stand by, and watch.

I sincerely hope that these times end in the next year or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Yep, with everyone falling all over themselves getting on this bandwagon, they sure don't have time to address the lives destroyed and ended in these riots. Free stuff!

And these idiots want to abolish the police entirely. Be careful what you ask for...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ys-police.html

Ok, go ahead and pull all the police out of Minneapolis if that's what you want. But set up a perimeter around the city and don't let anyone out.
If they want no police, and the Police Department in Minneapolis is disbanded, the city could fall to Anarchy with crime running rampant.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 02:29 PM   #252
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm not good in guessing.

What do you think will be the outcome from all these massive demonstration in your cities ?

Something good or maybe something worse ?

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 02:36 PM   #253
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5
Default ~

I think both a negative and positive impact will come from this.

Positive because change will come and people of all color and all gender will be treated fairly and without hostility. Also, that PITA Trump will lose the election, and ~Hopefully, ~ a good leader will come.

Negative because this could spring Coronavirus up again, even though the COVID cases are going down in 28 states, it could spike again and places like New York and Minneapolis will become hotspots for the virus.

I believe that the demonstrations are justified and this will lead to change in the nationwide Police departments and other departments. But the killing and other stuff are not justified IMO, killing someone is never justified.
In our city, there has yet to be any violence or crimes, but in the towns closest to us, there is violence and protests.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...0bd0703.html#1

This happened a week ago.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 03:29 PM   #254
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Positive because change will come and people of all color and all gender will be treated fairly and without hostility. Also, that PITA Trump will lose the election, and ~Hopefully, ~ a good leader will come.

A good leader will come? You can't be talking about old Joe. I'll bet you right now that if he is elected we will be involved in another military excursion within two years and absolutely nothing will be done about your social justice causes. The Deep State does not abide with challenges to it's omnipotent authority and it's Military Industrial Complex will demand more targets for their shiny new weapons. They are only pandering to you now to regain power. Once they do they will come down a lot harder than Trump ever threatened to do.

August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 03:42 PM   #255
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

August,
Do you remember being that young and dumb enough to believe that same stuff?

Yeah. I remember all the years and riots.
Pretty much resulted in nothing!

Tags
police, riots