SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-07-13, 07:55 AM   #856
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
Where can i download this mod? "Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior"
CLICK

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-13, 08:11 AM   #857
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Thx volodya
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-13, 09:10 AM   #858
tamagotchii2003
Nub

Downloads: 32
Default Bug found while recharging batteries

While commencing a recharge of the batteries the dials on the ceiling of the engine room are indicating the starboard engine is charging however the port side shaft clutch is engaging shutting down the port propeller. a quick thought on fixing this would be to reverse the needles from port to the starboard side vice versa. this is on the Viia. on the Viib there is not a visual indication that the batteries are charging from either diesel engine.

Last edited by tamagotchii2003; 09-13-13 at 11:44 PM.
tamagotchii2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 12:53 PM   #859
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10
[REL] Realistic Diveplane Gauges

Hi guys

I was undecided until the last moment whether to start a new thread for this, or where else to post it.
Considering that I hope the present update to be included into one or more bigger mods, I have discarded the option of starting a new thread for it, and seeing that most of my tweaks are based on Steel Vikings's files, for the moment I am posting my little mod here.

What it does?
  • diveplane 3d gauge graphics (command room), replaced with more realistic gauges. More notably: fore diveplane deflection scale changed to cover the +25 / -35 deg arc, as per real type VII specs and U-995's pictures, rather than the ±30 deg range, as used in stock game.

• 3d needles' shape changed according to U-995's pictures. This should make gauges' reading more intuitive.

• 3d needles' rotation arcs updated to cover the new scales.

Known limits
  • My tweaks of fore diveplane's arc only affect deflection angles displayable by the corresponding 3d gauge, but actual fore diveplane deflection is still in the ±30 deg range. This is easily verifiable when not using TDW's diveplane control patch. I didn't check if the same happens with TDW's diveplane control patch enabled and fore diveplane's control set on "auto" though. Unfortunately I couldn't find any game controller where min/max diveplane deflection angles are set. I would appreciate if anyone could point me to the right direction, but I suspect that those are hardcoded values. If that was true, the only way to address the issue would be through a patch by TDW (provided that the current diveplane control patch doesn't deal with it already).

• Aft diveplane's UI control needle as modelled in TDW's New UI's, is pointing to the wrong direction compared to the 3d gauge needle, as modelled in stock game and retained by the present mod. I could have easily inverted aft needle's rotation to match New UI's corresponding feature, but I suspect that stock needle's settings are correct. See this post on New UI's thread for further detail (still waiting for an answer by TDW).

Compatibility
  • Compatible with stock game, with or without Steel Viking's Interior Mod and/or Conus Graphic Mod (enable the present mod after the latter).

• Partly compatible with Silentmichal's Interior Mod. Enabling the latter on top of the present mod, will retain all the functionalities of both mods, with the one exception of needles' shape, which would be reverted to the stock "arrow" shape. Included in the 'Documentation' folder are the new needle models which silentmichal could inport import into his own mod for full compatibility. In the meanwhile, on request, I might also release a compatibility patch among the two mods.

• Might not be compatible with any other interior mod/ CR gauge fix mod whose files are getting overwritten. Should you need for compatibility with them, please get in touch with me.

• Use of TDW's diveplane control patch (+ an UI mod supporting diveplane control) together with this mod not strictly required, but strongly recommended.

Aknowledgemnts

For maximum compatibility, the present mod is based on SteelViking's Interior Mod files. Thank you SteelViking for you awesome mod.

Screenshots

A couple of images is worth a thousand words

Stock Diveplane gauges + "old" New UI's diveplane control dials. Notice that New UI's aft needle is reversed, compared to the corresponding 3d gauge. Dial graphics have been replaced with realistic ones in the last version of New UI's but, I believe, the aft needle is still pointing in the wrong direction.

The real thing; diveplanes in neutral position.

my tweaks of 3d diveplane gauges; diveplanes in crash dive position (i.e. max negative fore deflection, max positive aft deflection). Notice that fore diveplanes don't actually go beyond 30 deg down, even though their relative needle is set to display a wider negative deflection range. Conversely, during surfacing maneuvers the needle will point to max +25 deg (maximum displayable deflection), even though fore diveplanes are still actually capable of a +30 deg deflection (off-scale).

Download link

https://www.mediafire.com/?utkjydtqqr20uat
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 04:40 PM   #860
gap
Navy Seal

@ TDW

Just in case you missed it (see the previous post in this thread for more details):

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
My tweaks of fore diveplane's arc only affect deflection angles displayable by the corresponding 3d gauge, but actual fore diveplane deflection is still in the ±30 deg range. This is easily verifiable when not using TDW's diveplane control patch. I didn't check if the same happens with TDW's diveplane control patch enabled and fore diveplane's control set on "auto" though. Unfortunately I couldn't find any game controller where min/max diveplane deflection angles are set. I would appreciate if anyone could point me to the right direction, but I suspect that those are hardcoded values. If that was true, the only way to address the issue would be through a patch by TDW (provided that the current diveplane control patch doesn't deal with it already).
Any idea on how to tweak stock diveplane angles? (actual angles, not dial's angles)
Old 03-24-14, 04:55 PM   #861
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Any idea on how to tweak stock diveplane angles? (actual angles, not dial's angles)
Room CR's .sim file.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 05:04 PM   #862
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Room CR's .sim file.
Unfortunately it is not that simple. Room CR's .sim file settings only affect needles' rotation, not diveplanes' actual deflection range. See the last picture @ post #859: even with min needle's rotation value set to -35, fore diveplanes are never deflected to more than -30 deg
Old 02-26-15, 01:47 PM   #863
frwsos
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default ty

Awsome interior really good job there mate )) thanks a lot!
Old 02-26-15, 02:39 PM   #864
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > frwsos

You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You

Links To My > SH3SH4 – SH5 > Posts

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

Some Special And Useful Download Links Included For SH3 <> SH4 <> SH5

New To Silent Hunter Then My Thread Will Help To Get You Started.

Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119

Having Tonnage Bar Problems Then Go To My Tutorial Post #188 On Page 13

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 02:49 PM   #865
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

frwsos!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 09:39 PM   #866
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frwsos View Post
Awsome interior really good job there mate )) thanks a lot!
Welcome to SUBSIM :-)

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 02:06 PM   #867
scf
Nub

Downloads: 87

THX for this mod
scf is offline   Reply With Quote