Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-15, 06:05 AM   #1
mirage3000
Seaman

Downloads: 95
Uploads: 0
radar Dead-reckon

Hi!

Can anyone confirm that if I manualy draw navigation point and after an hour I ask the navigator for dead-reckoning, he will use exactly that waypoint as the basis for his calculations?

P.S. I'm of course talking about real-nav (WoS)

Thanks!
mirage3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 07:10 AM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage3000 View Post
Hi!

Can anyone confirm that if I manualy draw navigation point and after an hour I ask the navigator for dead-reckoning, he will use exactly that waypoint as the basis for his calculations?

P.S. I'm of course talking about real-nav (WoS)

Thanks!
Confirmed! But, certain error will be introduced too, 15% by default actually...You can tweak navigator DR error with TDW user option file editor/viewer... I agree that 15% is slightly higher than it should be, something like 5-10 % would be much better...

You can test this by adding manual nav point somewhere on the map (over land for example) and asking navigator do perform dead rec. some time later...
On the other hand, celestial fix will always be calculated somewhere around your true location (If there is no heavy fog or clouds of course).

Last edited by vdr1981; 07-04-15 at 07:26 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 08:37 AM   #3
mirage3000
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Confirmed! But, certain error will be introduced too, 15% by default actually...You can tweak navigator DR error with TDW user option file editor/viewer... I agree that 15% is slightly higher than it should be, something like 5-10 % would be much better...

You can test this by adding manual nav point somewhere on the map (over land for example) and asking navigator do perform dead rec. some time later...
On the other hand, celestial fix will always be calculated somewhere around your true location (If there is no heavy fog or clouds of course).
Thanks vdr1981! I'm currently satisfied with the precision considering dead-reckoning but I will monitor it for the future.

Drifting from this subject, I also wanted to ask about chief engineer and his skills for putting pressure to repair crew. His 2 special abbilites are greyed out and I cannot klick on them and on the other hand damage control team icon is available but when I click on it, it flashes orange a couple of times and the back to white, like nothing happend. When I take a look at the systems you can see that repairs are on the way and that they are working well but I cannot see that "extra" effort that chief engineer skill should provide. Can you explain the crew mechanics behind this, it looks that there is something that I didn't understand very well?

Last edited by mirage3000; 07-04-15 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-04-15, 08:55 AM   #4
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Drifting from this subject, I also wanted to ask about motor officer and his skills for putting pressure to repair crew. His 2 special abbilites are greyed out and I cannot klick on them
He's injured...I know, it sucks...
Quote:
and on the other hand damage control team icon is available but when I click on it, it flashes orange a couple of times and the back to white, like nothing happend.
I know what you're talking about ...It seems that button doesn't do anything.
I think that TDW add it with his UI mod for later implementation maybe...

Quote:
When I take a look at the systems you can see that repairs are on the way and that they are working well but I cannot see that "extra" effort that motor officer skill should provide. Can you explain the crew mechanics behind this, it looks that there is something that I didn't understand very well?
One of the biggest setbacks in SH5 is a lack of complex crew management like in previous SH titles. In addition, developers gave us some kind of creepy moral management which is not so good at all IMO...
In short, when something is damaged in your U-boat, the crew will start to repair it automatically without your inputs and it will repair only what can be repaired at open seas. Check RSD documentation for more...
Old 07-04-15, 11:05 AM   #5
mirage3000
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
He's injured...I know, it sucks...

I know what you're talking about ...It seems that button doesn't do anything.
I think that TDW add it with his UI mod for later implementation maybe...

One of the biggest setbacks in SH5 is a lack of complex crew management like in previous SH titles. In addition, developers gave us some kind of creepy moral management which is not so good at all IMO...
In short, when something is damaged in your U-boat, the crew will start to repair it automatically without your inputs and it will repair only what can be repaired at open seas. Check RSD documentation for more...
Rođače, sad sam tek video da si iz Srbije. Ja sam iz Vršca

These two special ability icons are always greyed out, I don't see the connection with him being injured, however if I talk directly to him I have those options available in the dialogue and it seems that it works.

Last edited by mirage3000; 07-04-15 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-04-15, 05:45 PM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Idi begaj, a ja lomatam prste ovde na engleskom...