SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-17-20, 07:49 PM   #1636
Navelintel
Mate

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It is well that your crewmen have already been convicted, mein herr, else they might have received more stern disciplinary actions had it been known how deep this conspiracy runs... Several foreman in the fatherland have also been detained and are being questioned, and they are implicating your crewmen even further... It might just be that they will have to be recalled and put before a tribunal once again... Now, in the family foto below, are there any "familiar" faces? Sources say there may well have been a third participant on your boat... rumor has it, as one of the senior officers... just how "senior", we do not know - as of yet.

----------------------------

It is a simple sim file fix, and is in there from Stock, which may well ignore the file. Tough to say about this game...

If you want to fix it yourself in the meantime, download (or open) Silent 3Ditor, and use it open the Data / Library / GerSubParts / Deck_Gun_GE37mm_M.sim file, click on the plus (+) sign next to 10:wpn_Cannon, then the 11:wpn_Cannon "i" line, then the plus (+) next to obj_Turret, then on the plus (+) next to Elevation. Click on the "min=-10.0", and change the little "Value:" edit box below near the bottom to read "8.6". Back up top, click on the "File" menu, "Save in mod", "Save in New mod folder", and name it something describable, like Ge37mmFotRSUv1.2 or something. Exit S3D, and then activate your mod. Take the boat out for a spin, and shoot-up some un-armed merchant shipping with it...

We'll have a few files to go on top of the v1.2 release shortly... we did find a couple-three other issues.
Thanks Propbeanie.

I'll give it a try. I've used Silent 3ditor before and it's a great little tool to modify these file types.

Glad you enjoyed the storyline too. I always felt, Lachen könnte die beste Medizin sein (Laughter might be the best medicine)!

Stay healthy and well.

Navelintel
Navelintel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 08:56 PM   #1637
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Installed 1.2 and starting a campaign from PH, June 1942, Gato class.

All works fine. No problems using Vickers' Officer Quarters. The cameras.dat in this mod is working very well with 1.2.

Great job!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 09:20 PM   #1638
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Excellent work!

In the future, I would like to see game save compatible updates.

Thank you very much!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 06:31 AM   #1639
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Sorry about being distracted by other items, Mios 4Me, but we will attempt to clarify the "color", which probably doesn't show as well as it used to, due to the "environment" of FotRSU. Color in this case, is about the best way to go, since the "dashes" are already numerous and confusing. Add in the fact that we might try to fully engage the radar detector sometime in the future, and that adds a "dark green" line into the mix... You definitely want something (if using such) with easily viewable color differenciation betwen black, red, blue, green, etc., else there is no sense in having the color. We do have several "targeting" mods sitting on the back burner, that hopefully haven't burned to the bottom of their pans yet, from us having to ignore them for more important matters...
This is an interesting subject Mr beanie (pun not intended), which files would one need to look at to modify the contrast of the merchant\warship sonar lines then, any input would be much appreciated.
Old 08-18-20, 06:58 AM   #1640
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
Icon14

About to install and take my boat out for a run. Many, many thanks to all involved !

Best regards.

Fubar
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 09:19 AM   #1641
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Yippee, my sonar lines have finally come of age and they've morphed in to these distinguishing colours below, I had to add a missing Alpha Channel and a bit of a touchup with some other layers in Photoshop CS6 has worked wonders.
I think I've just found my hidden geniusness, if they make a Time Machine before I kick the bucket I'll go and see Michelangelo and explain to him all about the benefits of layers and alpha channels, I could even end up learning how to fly off the top of the Sistine chapel,

If anyone wants them I'll post them up somewhere on the interweb, that's if I learn how I can do that.

Edit.
You can find the 7zip file in the link below, I've no idea how long this file is active for. Aha, 7 days, grab it while you can.
By the way, I've discovered I'm a bleeding genius at everything today, it must have been that hot cocoa last night and possibly that hot blonde night nurse who gave it to me.
http://www.filedropper.com/sonarlines

Last edited by Moonlight; 08-18-20 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Link
Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 09:40 AM   #1642
QuincyBad
Swabbie

Downloads: 157
Icon8 FOTRSU Does not work.

Hello!

Ive tried to use FOTRSU many times but whenever I get into Sh4 the game fully loads in the main loading screen and then it says a problem has caused the program to stop working, then It says I have no option but to close the program. Can someone please help me lads!

Like I always say.. YES MATEE!!!!!
QuincyBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 03:19 PM   #1643
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Excellent work!

In the future, I would like to see game save compatible updates.

Thank you very much!
v1.2 should be backward compatible with v1.1, but I just don't trust a mod change mid-career, so no guarantees... but we did not change any ship or plane calls, just added a few new ones, removed others, which should do fine with an in-base change, so long as you are not out on patrol. The only part that might cause issues is the interior of the sub, with a couple of clickable links added to the tracking table... but again, I think the in-base change should work... but I can only say "maybe"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Yippee, my sonar lines have finally come of age and they've morphed in to these distinguishing colours below, I had to add a missing Alpha Channel and a bit of a touchup with some other layers in Photoshop CS6 has worked wonders.
I think I've just found my hidden geniusness, if they make a Time Machine before I kick the bucket I'll go and see Michelangelo and explain to him all about the benefits of layers and alpha channels, I could even end up learning how to fly off the top of the Sistine chapel,

pic

If anyone wants them I'll post them up somewhere on the interweb, that's if I learn how I can do that.

Edit.
You can find the 7zip file in the link below, I've no idea how long this file is active for. Aha, 7 days, grab it while you can.
By the way, I've discovered I'm a bleeding genius at everything today, it must have been that hot cocoa last night and possibly that hot blonde night nurse who gave it to me.
http://www.filedropper.com/sonarlines
We will be doing a small update for the Shinano (don't everybody go run and look at the same time, but over the port bow, she is NAKED!!!) and a couple of other items, and we can throw that in as an option in the AddInModPak folder, if it's OK by you! btw, has anyone ever mentioned the naked Shinano? very strange indeed - now, I told you guys not to all go running over that at one time!!! Now we're taking on water over the gunwale... sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuincyBad View Post
Hello!

Ive tried to use FOTRSU many times but whenever I get into Sh4 the game fully loads in the main loading screen and then it says a problem has caused the program to stop working, then It says I have no option but to close the program. Can someone please help me lads!

Like I always say.. YES MATEE!!!!!
Are you following the instructions? Firstly, you must have Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific with the Uboat Missions, which means the ability to start a German Career on the main menu. After that, the secondary issue is do not have the game installed in a Program Files folder, else Windows will chew you up and spit you out as undesirable. Thirdly, after you activate FotRSU, you should make a new Save folder with MultiSH4, such as FRS, or whatever you want to name it. If you don't want to mess with that, make certain that you have emptied the Save game folder, which on 90+% of the systems will be "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", with "UserName" being what you log-in with, and "Documents" being any one of a number of different ways windows names the My Documents folder. Click on the "SH4" folder, and delete its contents. This will delete all previous progress you've made in Stock and or other mods. Lastly (for now), you have to have either LAA or the 4gig Patch or NTCore's utility applied to the SH4.exe file to switch a couple of header bits in the file that show Windows that SH4 can address and access more than the standard allotment of 2 gig (max) to any one given 32-bit app, like SH4 is. There should be a "Large Address Aware.exe" file in the root game folder after you activate the mod. You use that to navigate to, and select the SH4.exe file, and "switch" it. A pre-requisite of that is that the SH4.exe has to be write-enabled by right-clicking on it, selecting "Properties" from the context menu, and clearing the "Read-only" tick box at the bottom of that window.

If you still have issues, let us know where you have Silent Hunter 4 installed on your system, which version it is (v1.3, 4 or 5), whether its an Amazon download, Steam, disk or whatever, what you've done with your Save folder (you could copy and move it if you want to keep the data to move back after finishing with FotRSU), what your OS is, and other specs for your system, such as cpu, RAM & vid card...

PS: did you install the DirectX v9.0c and the Windows Media Codec files when installing SH4? Those library files are needed, since none of the DirctX versions from 10 on up have the correct library dll files to run SH3 or 4...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-18-20 at 03:21 PM. Reason: PS...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 04:07 PM   #1644
QuincyBad
Swabbie

Icon14 Thank you sir!

Hello there!

I saw you post, I will try your instructions as soon as I can, And the questions you had, My version is 1.5 and I have TMO 2.5 with training wheels enabled. Also Webster's free camera for 1.4 and 1.5 and thats the mods I have enabled. I have uboat missions.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-18-20, 04:38 PM   #1645
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Hello there!

I saw you post, I will try your instructions as soon as I can, And the questions you had, My version is 1.5 and I have TMO 2.5 with training wheels enabled. Also Webster's free camera for 1.4 and 1.5 and thats the mods I have enabled. I have uboat missions.

Hope that helps!
Hey QuincyBad.

Just to clarify, how many SH4 installs do you currently have?
How have you tried to install FotRSU?
Old 08-18-20, 05:11 PM   #1646
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default Deck Gun Crew Issue V1.2

This is a new install just for the revised v1.2. Deleted game from my G: drive; deleted v1.1; deleted SH4 folder; copied pristine version of SH4 v1.5 to my game drive G:; applied new v1.2 and selected extra mods; turned off read only; applied LAA; reset game options, and started a new Fleet Boat Campaign with USS Tambor , Dec. 9, 1941 out of Midway to Area 7 for 10 days:

Before leaving port, I thought I'd move the deck gun from Bow to Stern (I like to be going away from possibly armed ships I've already torpedoed). It was only after going out to sea and reaching the Patrol area that I found I have no crew slots for a rear mounted deck gun! It let me swap the gun from bow to stern alright, but then failed to create the deck gun crew slots.

I have since deleted the game progress, gone back to the office, and allowed the Bow deck gun to remain as originally assigned. Can't go to sea without it, especially early in the war. I will restart the patrol with Bow gun in place.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 06:33 PM   #1647
QuincyBad
Swabbie

Icon11

Hey S7rikeback!

Your question's, How many Sh4 downloads do I have? I have one download and that is from steam. And your other question for how I downloaded Fotrsu, I downloaded it from Subsim then after it downloaded I got the folder in Winzap and extracted it into my mods folder an enabled it with JSGME.

Hope that helps!

P.S. Before you think im not enabling mods correctly, I have TMO enabled and it works also whenever I have FOTRSU enabled the main first loading screen pops up with fall of the rising sun then after it fully loads it says the horrific message that my program has stopped working then I have no other option to close the program and if I click cancel before that it just closes me out.
Old 08-18-20, 08:45 PM   #1648
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
This is a new install just for the revised v1.2. Deleted game from my G: drive; deleted v1.1; deleted SH4 folder; copied pristine version of SH4 v1.5 to my game drive G:; applied new v1.2 and selected extra mods; turned off read only; applied LAA; reset game options, and started a new Fleet Boat Campaign with USS Tambor , Dec. 9, 1941 out of Midway to Area 7 for 10 days:

Before leaving port, I thought I'd move the deck gun from Bow to Stern (I like to be going away from possibly armed ships I've already torpedoed). It was only after going out to sea and reaching the Patrol area that I found I have no crew slots for a rear mounted deck gun! It let me swap the gun from bow to stern alright, but then failed to create the deck gun crew slots.

I have since deleted the game progress, gone back to the office, and allowed the Bow deck gun to remain as originally assigned. Can't go to sea without it, especially early in the war. I will restart the patrol with Bow gun in place.
I used the Tambor as the "template" for all the others, since the Tambor boat was the one that I ~always~ had function correctly after adding back in the fore and aft guns... I do know this though about the whole thing:

1. While in the Captain's Office, you can swap ends with your gun, ~BUT~, always go to the crewing screen to be certain crew positions followed. If they did not, then put the gun back the way it was. Make certain the original positions came back in. You can go on from there, or if you want to try again, exit the area, the Captain's Room, back to the Main Menu and try again with another new career, or exit the game and come back, lather rinse repeat...

2. If you get your gun where you want it, and you have crew positions, you can leave on Patrol. Once on patrol, beyond the home port area, crew up the guns. Then Save the game, exit and return with a reload. Your crew should now show at Battle Stations when called. If you do not Save, exit and Load, they usually do not show at the guns, though they are on the crew page. This only happens when you move the gun.

3. Once you move the gun, it will be weird whenever you dock (the Save data is different), and the "upgrade" to the next gun is a 50-50 crap shoot of retaining the gun positions. Most times when that happened in testing, it did at least put the crew back in the Damage Team, but not always - hence the reminder green circle when coming back in, for the player to Save and move their crew off the guns.

4. With the current set-up, I was able to use the wolfeinsamer method of removing the "AdditionalRepository" text from the crew positions. However, now the gun was ~really~ strange (in the Save data) if trying to move it again, and then the crew positions usually did NOT follow... Use of the Coletrains method, where you completely re-build the section might be better, though definitely more involved in FotRSU than Stock, due to the differences not only in crew size, but the crewing itself.

5. Silent Hunter 4 is one strange beast when it comes to modding... that actually goes without saying... but all of this is back to the way it happens in Stock now, and the Coletrains & Others method do work...

Quote:
Hey S7rikeback!

Your question's, How many Sh4 downloads do I have? I have one download and that is from steam. And your other question for how I downloaded Fotrsu, I downloaded it from Subsim then after it downloaded I got the folder in Winzap and extracted it into my mods folder an enabled it with JSGME.

Hope that helps!

P.S. Before you think im not enabling mods correctly, I have TMO enabled and it works also whenever I have FOTRSU enabled the main first loading screen pops up with fall of the rising sun then after it fully loads it says the horrific message that my program has stopped working then I have no other option to close the program and if I click cancel before that it just closes me out.
From what you are saying QuincyBad, you have multiple mods installed, one on top of the other, and neither TMO nor FotRSU are designed to work with each other. You can copy your Steam game folder to another location (so long as you are not in a Program Files folder) and use MultiSH4 on it to create a new Save folder. You could keep TMO in your original folder, and FotRSU in the new install copy, if desired. Use the Steam Library and "Add a new game" so that it shows on your Steam menu, if you want. On Windows 10, I have to do that to get Steam to do the license checks. On this Win 7 machine, it does the checks without being on the menu. Either that, or de-activate all mods in Silent Hunter 4, and then enable FotRSU only, other than the "authorized" mods in the "Extras / AddInModsPak" folder, or vickers03 FotRSU interiors, or DanielCoffey's sil files (included in the mod), and maybe DrJester's Upscaling Textures mod, but it has not been completely tested yet. No other mods have been tested by the team, though some do function as intended, like the bigger, better protractor mod - but later - get the base mod going first... Another thing, FotRSU has its own "free camera" mod in it...

The really big thing though is, that you ~have~ to have a clean Save folder, either with the use of MultiSH4, or by deleting the "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" folder )which will be recreated when you start the game again), or by moving the contents of that folder for when you restore the game to the state previous to FotRSU. You also have to have LAA properly applied to the SH4.exe file, so that Windows can "see" that it is capable of, and Large Address Aware. Read either the first post in the thread here Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate - Full Release, or the post on the download page, or any one of a number of pdf files in the Support folder, and all of those have "activation instructions" in various forms.

Old 08-18-20, 10:11 PM   #1649
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Deck gun, Sargo class...

Is the Sargo class, supposed to be starting off sans (minus) a deck gun.?

After deleting save file folder, unshackling mods & dumping the v1.1 & patch, unzipping the v1.2, dropping that into the mods folder & then reactivating all mods once again, I started a career, out of Manila with a Sargo class sub.. but.. it is not equipped with a deck gun, just anti air mg's.

Is that standard fare & I get one added on (available to grab) later on.?

Started off earliest on, as is possible just for the record, via fred8615's pre-Pearl mod, 01/12/1941.

M. M.

Old 08-19-20, 06:46 AM   #1650
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Is the Sargo class, supposed to be starting off sans (minus) a deck gun.? ... Started off earliest on, as is possible just for the record, via fred8615's pre-Pearl mod, 01/12/1941.
I tried to break it, but could not:

but everytime out:

That is a December 8th, 1941 start, as in FotRSU by itself. My 'spicion is the "Started off earliest on, as is possible just for the record, via fred8615's pre-Pearl mod, 01/12/1941"... you cannot add untested mods to FotRSU and expect it to be FotRSU anymore... Something in the edits to Fred's excellent mod is 'killing' the deck gun, possibly a SubName.upc, or lack thereof. Also, note that most of the Campaign traffic is NOT active that early in the FotRSU-modded game, to prevent bad spawns encountered once the game does its "normal" start.