SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-14-20, 06:58 AM   #511
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHibbins View Post
Mod doesnt work anymore.
Maybe its an Uplay-Update or something else.
No matter what I do, starting new career or going to the museum : always crash back to uplay.
Worked fine one year ago. I didnt change anything on my Toaster here

TWoS is not compatible with uplay download version for quite some time now. You need SH5.exe replacement. Check the forum...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 10:52 AM   #512
Dolemite-
Watch

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Read carefully description of the "external torpedo reserves transfer" ability...
Yeah, I figured out the REAL bug with loading external torps, and will go back to pretending they don't exist.
Dolemite- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 10:04 PM   #513
NeonsStyle
Chief

Downloads: 187

I still need help with this:

I am using the DVD sh5.exe from the forum, and installed exactly as recommended. It still crashes though. even if I remove all the TWOS mods from JSGME it still crashes.

I set up a brand new campaign, took my mission, boarded the boat, checked the TDC was fully manual now (yay); and set slow ahead to leave port and crash!

[EDIT - 1]: So I tried again. Started a new patrol in new campaign, periscope went up in the Uboat pen, I pressed PgDn to lower it, and the game crashed
to desktop again. Does this mod actually work at all???? I'm just having no luck at all with it.

[EDIT - 2]: I removed all mods from TWoS_JSGME app, and ran SH5 again. Splash screen showed WoS. Started new campaign again, set to Happy times. Took the first mission, started patrol. Lowered the periscope, and started to plot a course. I got as fat as laying the course to just outside the harbour and it crashed. No mods! I'm at a complete loss!

Hit me up in the Comments or Discussion on my channel or message me on:

NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 05:36 AM   #514
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi NS
Have you installed the gps file in the patcher?
Stock game runs ok?
Updated game to v1.2?
Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 10:58 PM   #515
NeonsStyle
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi NS
Have you installed the gps file in the patcher?
Stock game runs ok?
Updated game to v1.2?
Peter
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. The game is 1.2. The stock game ran fine before I put WoS on, though it had no manual tdc which made it crap. I don't know what you mean by GPS and Patcher? I have the DVD sh5.exe that u put me onto.

Old 03-18-20, 05:59 AM   #516
THEBERBSTER

Hi NS
Part of the TWoS installation is to restore the gps file from the Snapshot Folder from TDW's Generic File Patcher.
TWoS would have installed a desktop shortcut for you to install the (GFP)
Look at this from picture 9

A Pictorial Step By Step Guide Through The Wolves Of Steel (TWOS) Installer > Pictorial
Peter
Old 03-18-20, 12:50 PM   #517
NeonsStyle
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi NS
Part of the TWoS installation is to restore the gps file from the Snapshot Folder from TDW's Generic File Patcher.
TWoS would have installed a desktop shortcut for you to install the (GFP)
Look at this from picture 9

A Pictorial Step By Step Guide Through The Wolves Of Steel (TWOS) Installer > Pictorial
Peter
Thanks. I hadn't done that, but it is done now, and it still crashes the moment I try to leave port. Also the hud is missing.

Old 03-18-20, 04:57 PM   #518
THEBERBSTER

Hi NS
The DVD fix is this one.
How To Re-Install A SH5 DVD Following Uplay’s Update Instructions For TWoS Players > Pictorial
Changing the SH5.exe will not make any difference as it is the DVD one the same as you have installed.
This fix needs a different game launcher.
The missing hud is a game installation problem or the L key has been pressed.

Peter
Old 03-20-20, 11:49 PM   #519
NeonsStyle
Chief

I give up! I spent all day 1pm to 7:30pm installing, reinstalling trying to get it to work. Only once did it
work, but all the in game menus were in german. Reinstall again and again and again,
now when I spawn in on new campaign there's all these black dialogues over the screen
in the sub pen and 1/4 of he screen is black and I can't get rid of. I correctly installed
it for the umpteenth time and it just keeps ****ing up. I have to say the installation method
is very buggy. I give up. Going back to SH4! Now I've got a bitch of a migraine!
If I was a noob I could understand it, but I did computer science at University!

Suggestion for future update of the patcher. Tell the patcher once, what folder to install in,
then just do all over them in one click.

thanks

Cheers

Last edited by NeonsStyle; 03-21-20 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-21-20, 10:19 AM   #520
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonsStyle View Post
I correctly installed
it for the umpteenth time and it just keeps ****ing up. I have to say the installation method
is very buggy. I give up. Going back to SH4! Now I've got a bitch of a migraine!
If I was a noob I could understand it, but I did computer science at University!

Suggestion for future update of the patcher. Tell the patcher once, what folder to install in,
then just do all over them in one click.

thanks

Cheers
That would be great but it is not possible at the moment I'm afraid. Nevertheless, large majority of TWoS players are describing the installation process as really straight forward and simple.

I would only need one more honest answer from you Sir. Did you read official PDF install instructions which can be found here, at least once? https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=4861
According to your recent posts I'd say that you aren't really familiar with this document.

If I'm wrong, what exactly went wrong during the installation process? What step was so confusing for you? Are you an administrator on your PC or just a user with limited access?

Last edited by vdr1981; 03-21-20 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-23-20, 04:11 AM   #521
NeonsStyle
Chief

I only ever give Honest answers. Bull**** helps no one. Doesn't help
me, doesn't help the mod maker, and doesn't solve problems.

I kept getting errors. the first few installs failed from my own fault, however
I got a lot of errors as well. Either during the install process from the patcher, or in game with black screens over the game when you spawned in the sub pen. Never did find out what caused that.

In the end, persistence won out. It took all day, and it wasn't till about
10pm that it finally worked. It's worth all the pain though, because Sh5 with WoS is the game we always wanted.

Now if I could just get it in the pacific theature.

Cheers

Neon

Old 03-24-20, 10:06 AM   #522
Conz
Swabbie

Downloads: 17

I have the uplay version of SH5 and my game borked with that update that broke TWOS so I applied that DVD exe that is floating around here somewhere after not having played for a few months.
But now I am plagued with all sorts of glitches that I feel like are some sort of copy right protection scheme.
What I noticed so far:

- Icons are not showing up on the map occasionally. They will get reported but nothing shows until I look at them myself.

- CO2 does not drop after surfacing till like on the surface for a few hours.

- Crew stops going up on the conning tower.
- Engine does not stop running when docked.

These are not things that happened before the UPLAY bug.
Conz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 12:51 PM   #523
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conz View Post
I have the uplay version of SH5 and my game borked with that update that broke TWOS so I applied that DVD exe that is floating around here somewhere after not having played for a few months.
But now I am plagued with all sorts of glitches that I feel like are some sort of copy right protection scheme.
What I noticed so far:

- Icons are not showing up on the map occasionally. They will get reported but nothing shows until I look at them myself.

- CO2 does not drop after surfacing till like on the surface for a few hours.

- Crew stops going up on the conning tower.
- Engine does not stop running when docked.

These are not things that happened before the UPLAY bug.
All those problems are probably caused by game alt-tabbing. SH5 does not like that, keep that in mind...
Old 03-24-20, 01:23 PM   #524
Conz
Swabbie

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
All those problems are probably caused by game alt-tabbing. SH5 does not like that, keep that in mind...

I'll keep that in mind, I did get kicked out of the game by some lousy popup at some point.
Conz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 02:30 PM   #525
Arrelius
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 10

Is this a TwoS bug or sh5?

Incase image does not work. It has to do with my ahead slow/ahead flank etc dial. When i press speed 3, the light goes to 3 but the arrow goes to 2. Same with 4, the light goes to 4, arrow goes to 3. Except with 5, here light and arrow go to 5. As its supposed to.

Just normal Sh5 dial in the left bottom side of the screen. Only Twos mod, nothing else. Bug stays in campaign and in historical mission.

Any ideas?
Arrelius is offline   Reply With Quote