SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-20-14, 03:58 PM   #136
U-Mensch
Nub

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
It could be either of these .
OH II v2.5 Grid Request fix Patch SH5 mod
or
RPM inertia patch in the exe patcher . Are the ships that don't record tonnage moving or stopped ?
or
ubilauncher
I've played for months without Grid Request and without RPM inertia patch and I've had that bug too. So the ubilauncher is left in your theory. I suspected it already before, it's a bad piece of work!
U-Mensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-14, 04:41 PM   #137
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Lets go on a completely different direction .
Does the game still advance without the tonnage bar filling up ?
Do the iron crosses fill if I kill enough ships even though the tonnage bar doesn't fill up ?
Does open horizons work , advance campaigns even if the tonnage bar don't show as filling up ?

Last edited by THE_MASK; 12-20-14 at 09:16 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-14, 12:06 AM   #138
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Lets go on a completely different direction .
Does the game still advance without the tonnage bar filling up ?
Do the iron crosses fill if I kill enough ships even though the tonnage bar doesn't fill up ?
Does open horizons work , advance campaigns even if the tonnage bar don't show as filling up ?

For number one I say yes. You can still continue, you just can't continue to certain campaigns because they require specific objectives to be met right?

For two, I don't think so. I was on the first campaign, the Baltic mission and sunk something like 60k tons and didn't get an iron cross fill up.

For three, I'd refer to the answer to number 1. It still advances but because you can't choose a specific campaign because objectives weren't met, you can't advance it the way you want.

On another note, please tell me your reply in this thread means you're looking into this issue Sober, I have hope that you or other misers could fix this issue. It really makes the game not fun for me to have to keep saving and changing saves to get it to fill.
Old 12-24-14, 06:11 AM   #139
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Check out my Tutorial Posts #162 and #163 on Page 11 for tonnage bar work arounds.

Incidentally replacing the Game Launcher does not cure the problem.

Link to my tutorial thread

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-14, 12:24 PM   #140
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Default Still Working on this

Hi Berbster

I am still having the problem on the stock campaign even though I did a full Re-install.
To chip in on Sobers questions from my game, the game will advance if the tonnage bar (or armed merchants sunk ect) is not filling, but only to the degree that poor command points will possibly lose the game anyway. The blockade points for sinking the carrier and armed merchants will give the player a chance of failing earlier in the game. Anyway, that is what I have been experiencing.
However, until this problem is located, the CFG file workaround is filling the bar and will suffice until that time.
I don't know if this will help, but I did notice in my game that the ships that I am sinking are not being listed in the UI log. That is the log from TDW's UI. Usually, the ships that are sunk appear in the log in order with few exceptions.
Going back a couple versions of the patcher did not work by the way, so I can't say the problem lies there.
I am starting to suspect U-Play may be the cause but I don't have any proof of this yet. I am trying on-line and off-line to see if I can get any response.
I would suggest using the CFG workaround until this problem is solved.
I will continue to look for clues...
D40
Old 12-30-14, 03:24 PM   #141
THEBERBSTER

Hi Dogfish

I would have still expected the sinkings to show in the Captains Log correctly.

Even when corrupted showing 0000 the sinkings are still recorded there.

Yes the game should advance as it controlled by start and end dates.

The GFP 9 file patcher starting with 164 and 168 currently should not make any difference to the tonnage bar filling.

When you start on line and exit your game this then syncs to the cloud.

When you then start off line you should then get the option to use a cloud save or local save.

Select local save and start off line.

When you start on line next time your local save will be used.

I do not think reinstalling makes a difference as I think it is a UBIcrap problem.

Some think that on line off line does not make a difference.

I think if you vary it and add a couple of manual saves and some patrol reports things seem to change.

None of us have identical symptoms other than the bar does not fill.

Whether the cfg file work around stops the sinking’s being recorded in the

Captains Log I do not know as my tonnage bar now works 90% of the time

I have not needed to try it out.

Peter
Old 12-31-14, 11:32 AM   #142
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Dogfish

I would have still expected the sinkings to show in the Captains Log correctly.

Even when corrupted showing 0000 the sinkings are still recorded there.

Yes the game should advance as it controlled by start and end dates.

The GFP 9 file patcher starting with 164 and 168 currently should not make any difference to the tonnage bar filling.

When you start on line and exit your game this then syncs to the cloud.

When you then start off line you should then get the option to use a cloud save or local save.

Select local save and start off line.

When you start on line next time your local save will be used.

I do not think reinstalling makes a difference as I think it is a UBIcrap problem.

Some think that on line off line does not make a difference.

I think if you vary it and add a couple of manual saves and some patrol reports things seem to change.

None of us have identical symptoms other than the bar does not fill.

Whether the cfg file work around stops the sinking’s being recorded in the

Captains Log I do not know as my tonnage bar now works 90% of the time

I have not needed to try it out.

Peter

I will get rid of the I-Cloud syncing as I rarely need any old save files from the cloud.
Maybe this will make the difference. Thanks for that and I will report when I know definitely.
D40
Old 01-03-15, 04:19 PM   #143
znaj
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 6

Ahoy Captains!
I'm here new, but I'm playing in Silent Hunter 5 long time. Recently I encountered with tonnage bar problem too . I have normal box version game without mods. I worked intensive to solve this problem. This is my findings:

Problem is connected with save game file "Campaign.cfg" located in folder:
C:\Users\"USERNAME"\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGam es\00000000\Campaign-2015-01-02_1841

When you open this file using Windows Notepad you will find your mission status like example below:

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5]
ObjectiveID=BM_Malta_Flotilla
Name=Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.Name
MapZone=Malta_Flotilla
ValuePointsProvided=1
FurtherInfo=Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.FurtherInfo
StartDate=19420101
EndDate=19420601
IsCompleted=false
IsFailed=false
IsUnlocked=true
GenAchiev=OBJ Malta Flotilla Succesful
AssocMissionsActive=
AssocMissionsCompleted=
ObjActivationAchievements=

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1]
PersObjType=0
Name=Sink_3_British_submarines
Description=Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1.Description
RelatedMapLocations=Malta_Flotilla3,Malta_Flotilla 1,Malta_Flotilla2
IsCompleted=false

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1.Amount]
IsTonnage=false
Tonnage=0
NumOfShips=3

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1.CrtAmount]
IsTonnage=false
Tonnage=0
NumOfShips=1

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1.TargetType 1]
Class=SSUndine
Type=102
TargetType=0

[Campaign.CampObj.MacroObj 5.PersObj 1.TargetIdentif 1]
TargetIdType=4
FromNode=Valletta

My problem occur when I' trying make a little cheat and simply change value "NumOfShips=1" to accelerate boring original campaign. From a long time this cheat was working. But recently it not work and I encounter tonnage bar problem.

The same game files you can find in location:
Your game folder\Silent Hunter 5\data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Arctic_Convoys
But this time it is original missions scenario. Maybe your source of problem is mod which change file "Campaign.cfg" in game scenario folders?

It is amazing but Reduced Mission Tonnage mod work still perfectly. It is interesting that this mod decrease only tonnage amount not ships amount. Maybe creators of these mod also encountered tonnage bar problem?

How to fix this blockade:
>>Restart your computer
>>Start new career
>>Change name of your captain (very important)
(If you want save old name of your captain you have to buy a new game and create new Ubi account).
>>Remove all save game files with old name of captain and don't try load its any more. This problem is like computer virus and can infect your new career.
>>If you want to play lasts missions in career like Operation Paukenschlag or Black May you can use secret code "silentotto". Type it in mission selection tree screen, then chose your mission.

Reinstalling the game is not effective because Ubi account keep all your captains names forever even if you setup offline mode in Ubisoft Game Launcher. I tested this issue only on one computer. Perhaps this information is hidden in Windows register and reinstallation operation system after formatting c:\ drive also unblock your captain name from tonnage bar problem.

If you want check whether your captain is "banned" (occur tonnage bar problem) do checklist:
>>Restart computer
>>Start new career
>>Change name of your captain (for example type “Test1” instead “Oscar Entwickler”)
>>Run tutorial in first mission.
>>Sink first polish merchant
>>Check on map whether tonnage bar is filling or not.
This is fast (take only 5-7 minutes) and easy way to avoid frustration in the game.

Regards from Poland,
Znaj

Last edited by znaj; 01-03-15 at 04:35 PM.
znaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-15, 06:47 PM   #144
THEBERBSTER

Hi Znaj

Good work with the testing and your observations.

It will be interesting to see the feed back from those using your method.

Maybe we have the first real break through.

Peter
Old 01-04-15, 11:59 AM   #145
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Hi Znaj

Good work with the testing and your observations.

It will be interesting to see the feed back from those using your method.

Maybe we have the first real break through.

Peter
Hello Again Berbster
Interesting experience here. One, I'd like to say that the observations from znaj are definitely worth watching. I am going to see if there is something I can try there, however, I encountered this problem with the stock campaign before adjusting any CFG files and after my last try here I'm even more convinced that it's a UPlay glitch.
As I had mentioned, I did use the workaround you (Peter) posted to get that bar moving, and it worked fine.
Two days ago I also changed my UPlay settings again, from online to offline, but...I went a bit further and unchecked everything that I could see that might effect my game. The result, I was playing this morning and after sinking 7400 or so tons I checked the tonnage bar and it had moved up by itself.
I have to mention that I have not had this tonnage bar move in the last three campaign attempts, so, I feel that it has been "kickstarted" in a way.
I am not saying that it's fixed yet, I'll have to get further into the campaign to see about that but I will list my UPlay settings here and you can test them yourself.

U Play Settings:
General; All Unchecked except ENABLE SYSTEM TRAY NOTIFICATIONS
Network; Always start UPlay in offline mode/ Unchecked
Allow UPlay to use a proxy connection to access the internet/ Checked

Downloads: N/A
Voicechat; Enable voice chat/ Unchecked
Other: N/A

I hope this helps and that we can collectively get this little problem put away soon.
D40
Old 01-04-15, 03:40 PM   #146
THEBERBSTER

Hi Dogfish

I think you will agree that it good that we are seeing some positive action again.

Quote >

I have also seen a recommendation where the proxy setting should be disabled.

So this is another option that maybe worth looking at.

Your situation is interesting because you made changes and these may well have had a knock on effect to get your bar working again.

I am in between missions so any sinkings I make are not tonnage bar related but still worth bonus points.

Peter
Old 01-05-15, 10:09 AM   #147
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Hi Dogfish

I think you will agree that it good that we are seeing some positive action again.

Quote >

I have also seen a recommendation where the proxy setting should be disabled.

So this is another option that maybe worth looking at.

Your situation is interesting because you made changes and these may well have had a knock on effect to get your bar working again.

I am in between missions so any sinkings I make are not tonnage bar related but still worth bonus points.

Peter

Roger that.
Previously my UPlay settings were all default save for the "always online" setting. So any of the other settings listed were actually the first time I had tried shaking the rest of the settings up. The Proxy setting I had simply left alone. I will try and uncheck it if the problem returns.
I fear that this is not the "fix" I was looking for anyway but I have to have more time to play through the campaign to know for sure. The fact that the bar started working at all by itself was surprising but this could have been a result of "kickstarting" the bar by manually adjusting the file. We'll see if we have whittled down the area where the problem lies.
Fingers are crossed.
Old 01-05-15, 07:11 PM   #148
hunnenhorst
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Tonnage bar issue, too

Hello,

I just read this complete thread since I also have the problem that the tonnage bar won't fill up.

I am sure that this is not related to any Mod. I have observed this bug in online mode and offline mode with a clean install from DVD with V1.0 and patched to V1.2. I had to download the Game Launcher from UBI since the one which comes on DVD won't update. I got my copy of Silent Hunter 5 from GreenPepper.

Which is really strange is, that if the GameLauncher is set to offline even the Progressbar of the Tutorial Mission won't fill up and the Mission remains selectable even though it is marked as completed.

Any changes I make to the savegame is reverted or there is an error telling that the path can not be read. I guess that is because the savegames are still synced with the server even if the GameLauncher is set to offline mode.
The game is properly registered with the code which came with the DVD.

In my opinion this bug is related to a malfunction of the DRM which for some reason thinks I am using a cracked version of the game.

Ok, I only spent 10 Euro for this game, but the waste of time playing it annoys me.

I guess I will use that DVD as a coaster and play SH3 instead.
hunnenhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 07:35 PM   #149
THEBERBSTER

Hi hunnenhorst

Quote > the Game Launcher from UBI since the one which comes on DVD won't update.

See my Tutorial Post #173

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

Quote > the Mission remains selectable even though it is marked as completed.

The missions are date orientated by a start date and a finish date.

The fact that you complete a mission within the time span means that you will not see the next mission until it start date appears.

Quote > I guess that is because the savegames are still synced with the server even if the GameLauncher is set to offline mode.

If you start a game on line your game is synced at the start and end of each game play.

If you start a game off line after playing on line Uplay asks you whether you want to use your local saved game or synced game.

You tick the local save game box.

Your game is still synced at the game end as a back up.

When you now start a game whether you go on line or off line Uplay uses your local saved game.

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 01-07-15 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-06-15, 07:13 PM   #150
hunnenhorst
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Hi THEBERBSTER,

thanks a lot! That answers a couple of questions, at least why the tutorial mission was still around and why the savegames were synced.

I wonder how I could debug the game and figure out why the tonnage bar does not fill up, even in the tutorial mission it does not.

Maybe I'll try sniffing the network traffic so I can see what the game transfers to the Ubi Servers. I wonder wether the sinking of a ship is not transfered to the server or if it is transferred but the server does not aknowledge it.

Cheers

Hunnenhorst
hunnenhorst is offline   Reply With Quote