SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-26-16, 03:41 PM   #586
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
That's correct. They have no 3d object in them, but they have the 3d object from the main unit embedde to them. Maybe not the cheapest method, but it worked and it was in the guidelines followed by all the modders onimporting new units in game.

Native SH5 (GR2) units, use a separate low poly mesh which envelops the main model instead. This tell us that the DMG_col node has nothing to do with visual damage, but with damage detection. Try removing one of those nodes (or the embedded mesh), from any dat unit, and it will become invulnerable.
Yep. I know all that.

I'm looking at the thread posted by TDW referenced above and noticed he stated "the 3D model specified can ONLY have one map (NO multiple maps)."
Now the Units I have do not have the Fore Aft sections and call the main model.
That model has several materials assigned.
So I took a wild shot and added a new 3D model with only one texture and UV mapping.
Then added a transparent texture as per his post.

Notice this posting above.....

"At first testing everything seemed fine but on 2nd try, I've witnessed strange unit disappearance and game freeze after the unit has been declared as dead by the game.

Saw this behavior even before your tweaks so I cant even confirm that it's dat related."

I can also tell you that the O01.dds does not have the proper image in the alpha channel in the Sub_Depot_Ship.
So you should not use specular from AO mapping until corrected.

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 09-26-16 at 04:02 PM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 02:09 PM   #587
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

gear Horton HO-229B

Does anyone want the HO-229B Jet in game? Looks very cool scripted in Port area's for flyby (Looped, No Delete) as you are leaving or entering port.

Adjusted 3D Model for use in SH5.
Removed incompatible Controllers.
Added UnifiedRenderControler, WaterInteraction and SinkingEffect Controllers.
Fixed AFB_Ho_229B.dsd SoundSource so the Engine doesn't sound damaged all the time.
Need new Engine sound sample. Currently sounds like a Vacuum.
Made new Turbine TGA image.
Reworked Propeller 3D object to correct scale so it fits inside Turbine Engine.
Tried for approximately 4 hours to get the Turbines spinning in SH5. Discovered that none of the .dat imported plane propellers spin.
Updated data\Roster\German\Air\FBGo229B.cfg file for SH5.
Renders fine in SH5 Museum.

Required Manual Editing:
WARNING:Before doing the following backup your entire SH5\data\Campaigns files/folder and SH.sdl file. I just ZIP or ARJ the entire Campaigns folder.

SH.sdl - Add the following entries.
- Air.GermanJet
- Air.GermanJet.Engine
- Air.GermanJet.EngineDmg

Example SH.sdl (all sounds included) is in the data\Sounds folder.
The jet engine sound sample provided is very poor and really needs to be replaced.

MissionEditor2.exe

When starting SH5\ME2 it does a quick campaign validation, If you encounter errors, click OK until ME2 is ready for use.
Click "File" --> "Open Project" and select the Project/Campaign where you want to add the Plane.
(i.e. SH5\data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Happy_Times.pj)
Locate the starting point/Port you want the Plane to fly on the map and zoom in all the way to your selected starting point.
Adding a Scripted Plane:
From the Mission window on the right, Click on the name PortTraffic to set focus and we add the new plane to port traffic group.
From the Explorer window on the right, Click on the Air tab and expand Roster then German. Click and hold on the FBGo229B and drag it to your desired start point spot on the map and drop it.
Primary Click on the Ge FB Go_229B1 you just dropped on the Map. In the Properties window on the left, Select Alphabetical display.
Set CurrentSpeed to a minimum of 190 or the Ho 229B rolls over and crashes on corners 90 degree or greater (Top speed is 584 but if you set it above 300, You or your Deck Watch crew will most likely never even see it).
CurrentSpeed must be set prior to creating a group or the group is stuck at the default of 90 Kph until it reaches the first Way-point.
Set DeleteOnLastWaypoint to False. If this is not set the plane fly's around the Way-points once then exits the game until game restart.
Set Doctrine to Defensive. With a 1000 KMs range, we don't want these guys possibly responding to Contact radio reports. "WTF"
Set EvolveFromEntryDate to True. Not really important but should keep in mind in case you are adding actual scripted patrol because these patrols will re-spawn until GameExitDate is reached.
Set the GameEntryDate and GameExitDate dates. At a minimum use the starting and ending dates of the campaign so if you add a Plane to the first campaign Total Germany, it isn't flying around until the last campaign in December 1945 and visa versa.
Set Height well above any terrain/ship obstacles (500 is good for a starting height on Sea/Ocean).
Set VetrancyLevel to Poor. If these guys are set to Elite they may respond to Distress Radio reports and decide to sink everything between Patrol area and Distress Call preventing you from completing your missions. "WTF"
Adding/Editing Way-Points:
Secondary Click on the GE FB Go_229B1 and select "Add waypoint". Now every time you Primary Click on the Map you will set a Waypoint. Create Way-Point 1 a short distance from the plane. Now Secondary Click on a clear Map location to stop adding way-points so we can edit the first way-point. Primary Click the way-point and you can now edit the way-point Properties and change Height, LoopPoint, LoopProbability, Radius and , Speed from this Waypoint to the next.
Each way-point you add inherits the Properties of the Plane or last way-point.
Primary Click on the first Waypoint to set focus then Secondary Click on it again and select "Add Waypoint" to add the rest of the Way-Points.
When you have set all your waypoints, edit the last waypoint and set LoopPoint to the first way-point or to what ever point you want to keep patrolling.
You should verify/edit all Way-Points when done.
Creating an AirGroup:
Primary Click on the GE FB Go_229B1 to set focus then Secondary Click on the GE FB Go_229B1 again and select "Create Group From Unit". In the Properties window on the left, you can now enter a GroupName. I recommend a name that will help you locate the plane on the map like "GeFBHo229B <Port Name Here> 01" so if you create multiple groups around multiple ports they are easier to locate in case the planes keep crashing or errors or you want to edit way points etc.
Now you can add another Plane to this AirGroup. Just repeat steps from adding the first plane then Primary Click on the GE FB Go_229B2
and select "Join Group" and in the Plane properties the GroupName has a selection of groups to join. Select the group you created.
Secondary Click on the _Ge FB Go_229B1 again and select "Head to Waypoint".

Save Project and start game to see your new plane buzz you.

Download Link:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5075

Horten HO-229B or Gatha Go 229 or H.IX - and - Messerschmitt Me 262 - Sturmvogel

Northrop Grunman does Stealth test of the 229 YouTube video.

Regards!
TheBeastBelow

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 01-24-17 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added YouTube Link about the stealth ability of the 229
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-16, 05:29 AM   #588
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

This could be really nice addition... Any download links?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-16, 06:55 AM   #589
TheBeast
The Old Man

Default New Planes

Soon, doing the Me 262 right now and will combine both in one DL.

Old 11-12-16, 03:37 AM   #590
skin-nl
KapitainLeutnant

Downloads: 244
Uploads: 0

This is a cool addition to sh5
Old 11-15-16, 09:08 PM   #591
TheBeast
The Old Man

gear

I uploaded the Ho-229B and the Me-262A together early this morning.

I added both Planes to the following Airbases.
data\Land\LAB_LargeAirBaseGe\LAB_LargeAirBaseGe.cf g
data\Land\LAB_NormalAirBaseGe\LAB_NormalAirBaseGe. cfg

These files were just for testing. You can remove the data\Land folder and files from the MOD.

I added a very light Jet Exhaust to both Aircraft from file
data\Library\EUF_Plane_FX.dat
If you don't want the Exhaust smoke, just delete this file.

I provided a All sounds included SH.sdl that has the entries for the engine sounds.
data\sounds\SH.sdl
This file should be compatible with almost all sound MOD's but not totally sure.

I also added a few jet engine sound samples. The Jet engine sound samples are not very good and should be replaced with something with a lot more roar to it.

If people want I can also update the upload with a sample script for the Total_Germany.pj that has a pair of Ho-229B's flying the Canal between Wilmshaven and Kiel. These guys (if they don't crash, flying below 300m) buzz by several times before you pass through the canal.

See post #587 below for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Enjoy!
TheBeastBelow

Old 11-16-16, 03:00 PM   #592
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Planes look really nice in the game, no stability issues or CTDs with TWoS...

Flying wings have some difficulties while following way points (they tend to crash during the turn)
Old 11-16-16, 03:33 PM   #593
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Flying wings have some difficulties while following way points (they tend to crash during the turn)
Increase their speed an increase elevation a bit.
I noticed the Ho-229B starts going into a stall =< 180 Kph. 220 Kph + it has a lot more stability.
180 Kph is like final approach landing speed for it. These flying wings have a top speed of 584 Kph.

I also noticed something else. I thought it would be cool to have a couple US P-38 Lightnings cruising Lorient 1939-1940 just for eye candy. Well they drop floating mines as soon as they spawn. The three Ho-229B's I have flying around are set to Defensive and fly way off scripted course to destroy these 6 floating mines. Problem is the scripted path max height is 500m and when they dive down to attack the mines, they crash into them and only manage to take out three mines due to colliding with them.
Cruising at 220 Kph and Height of 700m they have 50% chance of impact, So you may want to make their Height more like 1000m

Did you notice the Turbine Blades spinning inside the engines on the Ho-229B? That is one of the things I customized on it.

Last edited by TheBeast; 11-16-16 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-24-16, 02:46 PM   #594
TheBeast
The Old Man

Default Buoys

I am taking a break from EUF for a couple days and decided to look at the Buoys again to move all of the controllers located on the .dat files to the .sim files.

I am fixing this and will upload the changes tomorrow.

Regards!
TheBeast

Last edited by TheBeast; 11-24-16 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-24-16, 03:06 PM   #595
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
I just can't get to rid of texture problem when unit is damage for this particular ship....It's the Sub Depot form SH4...

I almost forgot about this...Texture problem when unit's damaged solved by adding VisualDamage controller attached to the main 3D object's node in .val file.
Old 11-24-16, 05:28 PM   #596
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
I am taking a break from EUF for a couple days and decided to look at the Buoys again to move all of the controllers located on the .dat files to the .sim files.

I am fixing this and will upload the changes tomorrow.

Regards!
TheBeast
If you like you can extract edited light buoys from TWoS since I can confirm that they wont crash the game anymore, not under any circumstances or test scenarios...You can also use mines, nets ect...
Old 11-25-16, 01:31 AM   #597
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
If you like you can extract edited light buoys from TWoS since I can confirm that they wont crash the game anymore, not under any circumstances or test scenarios...You can also use mines, nets ect...
What version of TWOS?

I originally started using a MOD that was just buoys but that MOD was really old so grabbed the Buoys from OH 2.5 - only have to add the UnifiedRenderControler to all of them.

Are the Buoys on TWOS different?

Old 11-25-16, 05:55 AM   #598
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
What version of TWOS?

Are the Buoys on TWOS different?
latest version, 1.06.
I replaced old SH3 unit ship controller and also removed some from the main dat file. I don't have time to check the files now but you can compare them for your self.
Old 11-27-16, 01:01 AM   #599
TheBeast
The Old Man

Default Reworking Buoys for SH5

Quote:
latest version, 1.06.
I replaced old SH3 unit ship controller and also removed some from the main dat file. I don't have time to check the files now but you can compare them for your self.
OK, earlier this morning I pulled Buoy models from TWOS v1.06 and moved all controllers to the .sim file and converted the Halo ParticleGenerator controller to SH5.
Put the Buoys in game and tested. The Buoy lights are not working. Spent a way to much time trying to resolve this issue. There is nothing wrong with SH5 controller and suspect that the game doesn't like those controllers in a .sim file so I am going to try moving the Halo controllers to a new RayTraceHalo_Lights.dat with RayTraceHalo_Lights.fx file and use ObjCtrlsRef to put the lights in each of the Buoys.
This would convert these Buoys to SH5 and optimize controllers at same time.
I could also create Red, Yellow, Blue and Green Halo's in same files for use in Submarine Interior as well at the same time.

Last edited by TheBeast; 11-27-16 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-27-16, 09:46 AM   #600
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Rgr that...
For me personally and/or until I can confirm some issues with current setup, I'm quite satisfied with buoys such as they are right now.
They look and work nice without impact on game stability and I have finally eliminated infamous and hard to catch port CTDs...Maybe I'll just add them a bit of water reflection effects, but that would be it...

Last edited by vdr1981; 11-27-16 at 10:04 AM.