SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-14-19, 10:58 PM   #7726
LCQ_SH
Lieutenant

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Announcing 12/30/2018
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.80_RC1_EN

We have the optics fixed even better than OTC. Thanks CapnScurvy. However we have elected not to go with the superhuman perfect identification manual. The real submariners had crap for a manual and so will our players with the core game. CapnScurvy will be producing an approved plugin mod to give the perfect recognition manual to those wishing to play that way.

Finally optics fixed!!! Can't wait to try it! Is there any trick to adapt it for 16:9 res?
LCQ_SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 06:09 AM   #7727
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

I hope this will be adressed also:

i can clearly see all the task force, but not my crew!

No visual contact

In fact they should report visual contact as soon as a smoke clearly appear on the horizon IMHO
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 10:59 AM   #7728
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCQ_SH View Post

Finally optics fixed!!! Can't wait to try it! Is there any trick to adapt it for 16:9 res?
the highest playable resolution is 1920x1080 which should work out to 16:9.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 11:01 AM   #7729
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
I hope this will be adressed also:

i can clearly see all the task force, but not my crew!

No visual contact

In fact they should report visual contact as soon as a smoke clearly appear on the horizon IMHO
watchman skill level may have something to do with the ability/inability to report surface contacts.
upgrade your deck crew Watchman skills and you should see their detection and reporting improve.

LAA enabled
Old 03-15-19, 12:05 PM   #7730
Lord_Kane
Watch

Downloads: 212

When is this new update hitting?
Lord_Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 01:08 PM   #7731
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
the highest playable resolution is 1920x1080 which should work out to 16:9.

Just for the record, I'm playing at 2560x1440 at 16.9 and the game works just fine. Looks great also.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 01:11 PM   #7732
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCQ_SH View Post

Nothing more than setting it in the graphics options ingame like you normally would.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 01:45 PM   #7733
jlan5031
Swabbie

Downloads: 123
Default Patch 5

Forgive my ignorance. I've been away from Silent Hunter for awhile. I downloaded Patch 5 02/02/19 for FOTRS. Where does it go?
p.s.
I first tried to contact through the "Contact us" portal. I never could figure out how they wanted me to answer the gateway question. For example, I tried for the WAHOO question, "WAHOO," "USS WAHOO," and filling in the missing letters only. Nothing worked. What am I missing?
Thank you for any help.
jlan5031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 01:46 PM   #7734
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
watchman skill level may have something to do with the ability/inability to report surface contacts.
upgrade your deck crew Watchman skills and you should see their detection and reporting improve.
Humm...my watchmen crew is far but noob! They have plenty patrols already done...
They have medals i gave them etc...and the green bar is full.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 03:25 PM   #7735
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
Just when I thought I had seen all the weirdness that SH4 is capable of generating, it surprises me yet again.
June 21st, 1944 06:51 hrs. Made contact with three Japanese vessels at approximately 32 deg 37 min N, 138 deg 42 min E. Course roughly 350 deg, speed 5 kts. The inline formation was led by a Medium Combifreighter. A Crab Boat was bringing up the rear. The identity of the middle boat is where things get really strange. Sonar correctly identified this one as a warship, and the other two as merchants. Looking closely at the very small middle boat I realized that I was looking at what the recognition manual calls an Armed Daihatsu 25mm or an Armed Daihatsu 37mm. Both are visually identical and have a displacement of 9 tons. Crew of three, LC drop ramp on the front. The cargo was one miltary transport truck.

All three vessels were sent to the bottom. The Medium Combifreighter with 3 Mk14s and the other two with the deck gun. I'm pleased to report that the Armed Daihatsu went down with one well placed round at close range from the deck gun. Pleased because I have recently dealt with IJN Midget subs that seemed impervious to repeated hits from the deck gun. This despite displaying extensive damage on the skin of the midget sub. Additionally the landing craft offered no resistance to attack even though it is called an "Armed Daihatsu".

Afterwards I looked in the logbook and found the sinkings. There seems to me to be some sort of a mis-match here with the recognition manual because the logbook called the Armed Daihatsu 25mm or an Armed Daihatsu 37 mm out as a Landing Craft Daihatsu.

Strange enough to see a Crab Boat way out in deep water in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Okay maybe it was headed back to mainland Japan for a refit? What really seems implausible to me is the landing craft. Not only would the voyage be on a par with the likes of the Kon-Tiki, but that thing would have to refuel how often?

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 04:17 PM   #7736
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Humm...my watchmen crew is far but noob! They have plenty patrols already done...
no insult intended....but look at their Watchman skills in the F7 screen. those numbers are key. the higher they are, the farther they see.

LAA enabled
Old 03-15-19, 05:25 PM   #7737
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlan5031 View Post
Forgive my ignorance. I've been away from Silent Hunter for awhile. I downloaded Patch 5 02/02/19 for FOTRS. Where does it go?
p.s.
I first tried to contact through the "Contact us" portal. I never could figure out how they wanted me to answer the gateway question. For example, I tried for the WAHOO question, "WAHOO," "USS WAHOO," and filling in the missing letters only. Nothing worked. What am I missing?
Thank you for any help.
The patch is activated the same way other mods are with JSGME. It is just an addition to the FOTRSU. The future version of FOTRSU will have it integrated into it so it will not be needed after the new version. It cleans up some non engine sounds from certain ships.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 08:45 PM   #7738
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
p.s.
Thank you for any help.
As merc4ulfate mentioned, the 5 Patch goes on top of the FotRSU mod (link on 1st page). It is actually just a "proof of concept" experiment. Where are you encountering that 'Contact Us' link?

Quote:
What you are experiencing there with your crew seemingly visually impaired, is nothing more than the AI visual sensor having been turned down a bit. It affects all AI visual, yours & theirs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
June 21st, 1944 06:51 hrs. Made contact with three Japanese vessels at approximately 32 deg 37 min N, 138 deg 42 min E. Course roughly 350 deg, speed 5 kts. The inline formation was led by a Medium Combifreighter. A Crab Boat was bringing up the rear. The identity of the middle boat is where things get really strange. Sonar correctly identified this one as a warship, and the other two as merchants. Looking closely at the very small middle boat I realized that I was looking at what the recognition manual calls an Armed Daihatsu 25mm or an Armed Daihatsu 37mm. Both are visually identical and have a displacement of 9 tons. Crew of three, LC drop ramp on the front. The cargo was one miltary transport truck.

All three vessels were sent to the bottom. The Medium Combifreighter with 3 Mk14s and the other two with the deck gun. I'm pleased to report that the Armed Daihatsu went down with one well placed round at close range from the deck gun. Pleased because I have recently dealt with IJN Midget subs that seemed impervious to repeated hits from the deck gun. This despite displaying extensive damage on the skin of the midget sub. Additionally the landing craft offered no resistance to attack even though it is called an "Armed Daihatsu".

Afterwards I looked in the logbook and found the sinkings. There seems to me to be some sort of a mis-match here with the recognition manual because the logbook called the Armed Daihatsu 25mm or an Armed Daihatsu 37 mm out as a Landing Craft Daihatsu.

Strange enough to see a Crab Boat way out in deep water in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Okay maybe it was headed back to mainland Japan for a refit? What really seems implausible to me is the landing craft. Not only would the voyage be on a par with the likes of the Kon-Tiki, but that thing would have to refuel how often?
I have found a few like that myself. If your are in the East China Sea between Okinawa & Kyushu, or coming across the straits, to or from Korea / China - OK, but I found mine out in the ocean. I'm still looking for the group in the files. Your date will help, thanks.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-19, 12:15 PM   #7739
jlan5031
Swabbie

Downloads: 123
Default My thanks

Mercfulfate and Propbeanie,
Thanks for your responses. The patch is properly settled in JSGME. However, when I install it, the FOTRS installation show so many of the patch's contents are already a part of the game, it seems not to add much.
As for the "Contact Us" location, it's at the bottom of this page. I don't need it. As I said earlier, I've been away from the game for awhile and had forgotten how helpful the threads are.
Thanks again.
jlan5031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-19, 04:04 PM   #7740
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Mercfulfate and Propbeanie,
Thanks for your responses. The patch is properly settled in JSGME. However, when I install it, the FOTRS installation show so many of the patch's contents are already a part of the game, it seems not to add much.
As for the "Contact Us" location, it's at the bottom of this page. I don't need it. As I said earlier, I've been away from the game for awhile and had forgotten how helpful the threads are.
Thanks again.
Gotcha. The "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page is for the SubSim site itself. It should take you to a PM-style page, where you input a "Message". When you submit it, the message goes to the site administrator. That is not associated with the mod. If you have troubles with the mod, you can either post in this thread (preferred), start your own thread, or PM one of the team members. It's best to post here.

The files you see the messages about when applying the 5 Patch on top of FotRSU is the list of files that are altered by the Patch. JSGME will display that the Patch is altering a file that FotRSU altered, and a 2nd line stating that FotRSU altered the file. You might also see lines stating that the Patch is adding a folder that was already added by FotRSU. SOP, as far as JSGME is concerned...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote