SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-30-18, 09:55 PM   #6871
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Here is the screen shot of the after action Nav Map. No symbol for sunk ship, but credit is given per the Captain's Log.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nav Map Screen Shop.jpg (27.9 KB, 19 views)

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-18, 10:28 PM   #6872
Jeffg
Exec

Downloads: 1491
Icon14

Thanks for a great update.

JeffG
Old 12-30-18, 11:48 PM   #6873
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Why want old version? This is again beta Mod....old versions=more bug
Merry Christmas VIIC 1941

It is always a good idea to keep old versions so when updates are made to that version and they fail you have a working one LOL

Has anyone ran into an issue of the event viewer working on a first patrol not not the second patrol. I got that today.

Also I sank a Japanese Junsen. It took three fish to do it but she never actually went down her bow stayed up for days but I did get the kill on it.

I must be suicidal. I really enjoy the fish being shot at me by the DD's. 10 seconds slower on my dive and I might have been toast today.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Last edited by merc4ulfate; 12-30-18 at 11:58 PM.
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 05:38 AM   #6874
rainiere
Seaman

Downloads: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Sinclair View Post
(...) I still cannot get the enemy's cones and circles of vision and hearing on the tactical map to work.
Is this something that's supposed to be working? If so, that would be great! Downloading...
rainiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 01:14 PM   #6875
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Default CPU Priority

Is it possible to set the CPU priority to above normal or high without alt out or using the windows key to get to Task Mang?? I know how much the game doesn't like tabbing out and all.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 01:33 PM   #6876
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

What OS are you running?

Need to know that so I can point you to the answer you need.

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 12-31-18 at 01:47 PM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 01:34 PM   #6877
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Do you have newer CPU merc4ulfate? I've got an old CoreDuo quadcore, and from my multi-track audio work, I had turned off all "power-savings" settings on my computer, so that I wouldn't get audio glitches while recording a band live, and that works great in these older games. It's a combination of BIOS settings and Windows System Settings, probably over half of which I've long forgotten... Realistically though, with these older games, they "steal" the clock anyway, and you really shouldn't have to change things, especially since SH4 is a single-core game anyway. Are you having specific issues with it?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 02:06 PM   #6878
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Regarding the player's submarine engine issue, a fix is already in the works.

The issue was from the original FOTRS files and an error that was put into the sound files by them back in 2008!! Once again (as those of us who have worked on this mod know), we not only deal with adding additional content to the existing modification, but we've had to deal with errors made from previous attempts!?!

Just a lot of work that need not to have been IF we were working with a clean Stock game slate! To me it's like this.....I don't mind dealing with my own kids diapers, but I don't like changing them for some other kid!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 02:35 PM   #6879
captnmike
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks again for the Great Mod (FOTRSU v_0.80) update!
I am in the middle of my first career patrol off the Japan coast and so far everything is working well, however I too have an issue with diesel engine sound not working in my sub (porpoise class)! I don't believe it is a new issue with the v_0.80 version because I noticed the problem in previous versions of FOTRSU but put off mentioning until this new version came out?
The Balao and Gato boats sound great though!
I have done a fresh install of SH-4 and Large address aware and am using only this one mod through JSGME. So don't think it is my system. Also before activateing FOTRSU I played a couple missions in different sub class boats in stock game mode and all boats had diesel sound!
My computer specs. are: Gateway FX-6000, IntelCore tmi7-920 quad-core 2.7GHz processer, 9-GB DDR3 1066MHz, GPU NVIDA GeForce GT 630.Windows 10pro (64)bit.
Note: I really appreciate all the effort you moders put into this game, I can't admit how much time I put into playing it, but my wife sure notices!!

Thanks, captnmike
Old 12-31-18, 02:56 PM   #6880
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

The "quiet" boats are S-18, S-42, Narwhal, Porpoise, Salmon, Sargo, Tambor & Gar. The Gato, Balao and Tench are fine. We have not checked the IJN or Kriegsmarine forces... - So, this just shows what happens when a person gets old though... all the "testing" I've done in the mod, using ~ALL~ the boats... sheesh. The wife is correct... I gotta go get my ears checked. I also now know why they wouldn't let me sit in the Sonar Station chair...

This brings up a point for me though. If you guys notice something, mention it. We want this to be the best it can be, as far as is humanly possible. Over half of this team is considered "Senior Sit-azens", so we're half-deaf and half-blind and over half-dead... let us know!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 02:59 PM   #6881
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Let me know what is going on and I'll write something for 010 to scan all files.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 04:01 PM   #6882
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
This brings up a point for me though. If you guys notice something, mention it. We want this to be the best it can be, as far as is humanly possible. Over half of this team is considered "Senior Sit-azens", so we're half-deaf and half-blind and over half-dead... let us know!
Did you see my comment earlier where the sonar station does not report contacts after the initial announcement, but if I go the sonar station I can follow the contact all the way to the torpedo firing point?

I thought it might be just the one target ship, a Medium Heavy Load freighter, but just had a similar experience with a large old European Oiler. Also with an IJN submarine. I could hear it on sonar (quite loud) but nothing from the operator.

Just wanted to be sure you saw this, because I thought I saw you say at some point that this would be fixed in this release. Not nagging! You all must be exhausted tending to the new version. When you get time...

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 05:04 PM   #6883
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Did you see my comment earlier where the sonar station does not report contacts after the initial announcement, but if I go the sonar station I can follow the contact all the way to the torpedo firing point?

I thought it might be just the one target ship, a Medium Heavy Load freighter, but just had a similar experience with a large old European Oiler. Also with an IJN submarine. I could hear it on sonar (quite loud) but nothing from the operator.

Just wanted to be sure you saw this, because I thought I saw you say at some point that this would be fixed in this release. Not nagging! You all must be exhausted tending to the new version. When you get time...
Yep, i had this issue last night and cost me my command and ship, as the first contact was positive and then the crew lost the convoy. I kept picking it up on sonar, but the sonar operator was keeping quite. I then followed the convoy with my periscope and still nothing reported, so i surfaced to see what would happen from my watch crew, no reports came in but I could see the convoy from the bridge, so i rattled off a few torps, the convoy scattered and a hospital ship sailed straight into my torpedo spread aimed at a nearby whaling ship... I then got rammed...

Just to add I don't have the "No Map Contact" checked in the Settings

Last edited by s7rikeback; 12-31-18 at 05:39 PM. Reason: as below
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 05:29 PM   #6884
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

I've run into the same problem where after making contact with enemy ships that after submerging the sonar lines on the nav map disappear after a short time leaving you with no contact. Just for conversation, I don't have the "No Map Contact" checked in the Settings.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 05:55 PM   #6885
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

For you guys having the sonar man not returning once detected hits; or the Nav Map not displaying sonar lines all the time...….What's your "Options" settings?

You know by having the "Realistic Sensors" enabled, you won't get a steady following of ship units being detected don't you? You can't expect to get 100% detection, or to have a constant "following" of a detected target when you ask the game to lower it's detection capabilities by enabling "Realistic Sensors" (or, changing any of the other "Options" the game gives you).

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote