SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-02-16, 06:55 PM   #1666
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Default SOS

Guys,

Emergency SOS please....

I am only 3 ships away from being complete and ready for release, however;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 this vessel will not conform to any change I make, a simple roster change or even a full clone change...

Asset is NKMSS_WM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 The vessel will not run when changed name, As soon as I finish my normal clone sequeance and run the Museum it will always CTD.

Asset is OLSchliemann=Schlieman Tanker

#3 The vessel will not run when changed name, As soon as I finish my normal clone sequeance and run the Museum it will always CTD.

Asset is ECTHansa=Fleet Oiler

I have cloned 20 plus vessels in the last two weeks, and with every repeated step I do will bring me the results I need to clone the vessel in question.. Except these three..

Could someone take a look at it in their install and see if these differs from other ships in any fashion, I need a fresh pair of eyes... I have gone round in circles for the last few days looking at class, sea folders, roster folder, names cfg.. I think I'm going mad?!?!??!

So as an update on my work:

Base file completed for Sea & Roster without Maru Classes or Clone Classes... All of the Maru & Clone Class assets removed from sea & roster folders.

Maru Class folder ready... 1 ship missing!!!

Clone Class Folder ready...2 ships missing!!!

All in JSGME format.

So far I have merged the Base with Maru & Clone, 100% museum load and roster search...

Extra's:
JP Sub Tender 100% ready

NACA4 0% No matter what roster file I create or copy and rename this asset will CTD on museum.

Heian Maru (Jap Sub Tender) Repeated CTD on museum ( this was working 2 weeks ago) Need to look at eqp file next.. or see what I've changed...

Had issues with dropbox end of this week, could not log-in at all..
New folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d27qk62zk...tiW1tQNda?dl=0

Ship Quiz -

[Equipment 2]
NodeName=M02
LinkName=5.9in_Graf_Spee_turret
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

Who know's what merchant vessel is ready for YOU, when you surface???
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
OLSchliemann German Tanker Wants YOU to surface...
Old 09-02-16, 07:31 PM   #1667
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Wowee, S7rikeback, you are in a different universe than one I am familiar with and I can't be any help to you whatever! Fortunately I have surrounded myself with people more capable than myself.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 07:35 PM   #1668
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Greetings s7trikback

First thing thing I'd say to do is take a couple of days off. Go to the pub with the wife and have a couple of pints or whatever you like. Forget about the modding for awhile. I'm completely over my head with this stuff, maybe the other guys will have some suggestions for you or may just tell you to drop those ships for now. If you get them working later they can always be added later. You've got a good base to start with for us.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 08:00 PM   #1669
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Wowee, S7rikeback, you are in a different universe than one I am familiar with and I can't be any help to you whatever! Fortunately I have surrounded myself with people more capable than myself.
LOL - i only had a basic idea before i joined the group, this project has taught me things I did not know... And now i'm eager to learn more....
Old 09-02-16, 08:19 PM   #1670
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Question for you, s7trikback.

You have three folders labeled;

01_FOTRSU_Sea&Roster Base Pack
02_FOTRSU_Maru Cloned Addon
03_FOTRSU_Ship Cloning Project

Is this the install order for these folders? I'm unsure as what to do with them at the moment.

Old 09-03-16, 12:14 AM   #1671
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

S7rikeback, is the NACA4 the one from the other day that cdrsubron7 found orphaned? Are the 1, 2 & 3 ships imports from SH3? CapnScurvy & Jeff-Groves mentioned something about imports a couple times, but my mind draws a blank. Do those 3 have DDS files?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-16, 07:48 AM   #1672
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
S7rikeback, is the NACA4 the one from the other day that cdrsubron7 found orphaned? Are the 1, 2 & 3 ships imports from SH3? CapnScurvy & Jeff-Groves mentioned something about imports a couple times, but my mind draws a blank. Do those 3 have DDS files?
The NACA4 is indeed the orphaned ship from FOTRS download section.

In my opinion, the NACA4 can be added later. I wouldn't worry about it now.

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 09-03-16 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-03-16, 01:39 PM   #1673
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

@S7rikeback,

On the 2 Ships that CTD.
Try renaming the M0? Gun nodes to S0?
? = numbers 1 through whatever.

Here's a link to a thread that showed some of the same problems.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226948
Old 09-03-16, 04:42 PM   #1674
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1795
Default Hmmm.

S7rikeback, where did you find the cfg file for the ship roster. It's not in the AOTD archive. Did you build one from scratch? EDIT: I mean the cfg for the NACA4, sorry.

Last edited by J0313; 09-03-16 at 05:01 PM.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-16, 05:48 PM   #1675
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

@s7trikback

I need some instructions on what to do with your project. I've been trying to guess and it's not working.

In other words, could you please give explicit instructions.

Old 09-03-16, 06:04 PM   #1676
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
S7rikeback, where did you find the cfg file for the ship roster. It's not in the AOTD archive. Did you build one from scratch? EDIT: I mean the cfg for the NACA4, sorry.

There was no Roster cfg.file for the NACA4, he musta made it from scratch. Just a guess though.

Old 09-03-16, 07:16 PM   #1677
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1795

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
There was no Roster cfg.file for the NACA4, he musta made it from scratch. Just a guess though.
Perhaps therein lies his problem with that particuler vessel.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-16, 07:21 PM   #1678
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Perhaps therein lies his problem with that particuler vessel.
Very well could be. The office seems to be closed for the weekend. Oh well, back to work on Tuesday. Hopefully!

Old 09-03-16, 07:25 PM   #1679
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Okay, folks, I've had a bit of a glitch. Everyone probably knows by now how much I loath Microsoft. During the last update, where updates in Windows 7 no longer are optional but must be obeyed, of course the system hung......for 12 hours. I had a choice and elected to turn the machine off (only other choice would have been to leave the "don't turn this machine off or people will die" screen up forever as an exhibit on the greatness of Microsoft. Of course, as predictable, the machine won't reboot. There is no such thing as a repair install any more, all you can do is boot up the installation media and select "repair my machine."

Thiis is a black box which sometimes does nothing useful. This is one of those times. Don't know what it did (doesn't tell you, prompt you er give you any clues to troubleshooting. Run!

So for now I'm running off my Ubuntu drive. Thank God for Linux, where the user is still in control and can diagnose their machine in an open environment.

I've played SH4 in Ubuntu but it's been awhile. I'll have to reinstall it again. All my Windows disks are readable and certified healthy from Linux. So I can read/write NTFS is wild abandon.

There's no reason I couldn't do the next cauldron run from Linux, and the more I think about it the better I like the idea. So Beta .2 will be mixed in a Linux cauldron, uploaded and played on a buinch of PCs.

One thing I notice is that the same programs run twice as fast in Linux. Libre Office is getting darned good, good enough to not care about Mocrosoft Word unless you're a visual basic maven. I used to be but there's very little application for that now.

So here's my workspace for now!

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 09-03-16 at 07:39 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-16, 08:00 PM   #1680
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Okay, folks, I've had a bit of a glitch. Everyone probably knows by now how much I loath Microsoft. During the last update, where updates in Windows 7 no longer are optional but must be obeyed, of course the system hung......for 12 hours. I had a choice and elected to turn the machine off (only other choice would have been to leave the "don't turn this machine off or people will die" screen up forever as an exhibit on the greatness of Microsoft. Of course, as predictable, the machine won't reboot. There is no such thing as a repair install any more, all you can do is boot up the installation media and select "repair my machine."

Thiis is a black box which sometimes does nothing useful. This is one of those times. Don't know what it did (doesn't tell you, prompt you er give you any clues to troubleshooting. Run!

So for now I'm running off my Ubuntu drive. Thank God for Linux, where the user is still in control and can diagnose their machine in an open environment.

I've played SH4 in Ubuntu but it's been awhile. I'll have to reinstall it again. All my Windows disks are readable and certified healthy from Linux. So I can read/write NTFS is wild abandon.

There's no reason I couldn't do the next cauldron run from Linux, and the more I think about it the better I like the idea. So Beta .2 will be mixed in a Linux cauldron, uploaded and played on a buinch of PCs.

One thing I notice is that the same programs run twice as fast in Linux. Libre Office is getting darned good, good enough to not care about Mocrosoft Word unless you're a visual basic maven. I used to be but there's very little application for that now.

So here's my workspace for now!

Whatever works for you, boss. How much assembly will be required this time?