SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-04-14, 04:40 AM   #4576
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Thanks everyone for the help, links. PMs and advice over the last few days.
Sorry that I have not been posting (or working) - I will get back to it soon

Cheers
JC
Old 01-04-14, 05:15 AM   #4577
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I get a ctd as soon as I try to enter Kiel .
I had the same thing happening, a ctd when I was approaching Kiel (about 30 km from the harbour). I'm not using the beta patch.

I can't be 100 % sure that it came from OH II, but sober's example makes me think so.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 07:55 AM   #4578
mishuleu155
A-ganger

Downloads: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I get a ctd as soon as I try to enter Kiel .
When i entered Kiel using OH vs2.3 it was fine but i removed beta patch and i putted at final just those two famous files.
mishuleu155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 09:12 AM   #4579
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Loaded OHII v2.3 and patch 1 in the bunker then selected N.W.A. mission. I wanted to see if I could get into Stornoway. Got to the first part of the shallow waters, I wanted to load my tubes early. Clicked on the Torpedo button from the Nav Map, went to select the first tube switch and got a ctd.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 09:52 AM   #4580
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

I have the following files;

FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
FXU_0_0_22_Ship zone Files
Bullet_spark_test

and

OPEN HORIZONS II v2.3
Open Horizons II v2.3 patch1 beta
AAguns_12_20_40mm
Rocket_3InchGB_ & _5InchUS

These files, Shells_Rck.dat, Shells_Rck.dsd, Shells_Rck. sim and Shells_Rck.zon, not included in OPEN HORIZONS II v2.3.

If you have recently make changes in your modlist or you changed values in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py without use of OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe then go to data/Aplications/OptionsFileEditorViewer and start OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe, set correct path for menu.txt(data/menu/menu.txt) and correct SH5 installation path.
Click top "open" and browse data/scripts/menu for TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py. Make enleast one change and Save

I have no CTD with Sobes list after 20 hours of playing time.....

Last edited by mikaelanderlund; 01-05-14 at 03:03 AM.
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 12:26 PM   #4581
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund View Post
These files, Shells_Rck.dat, Shells_Rck.dsd, Shells_Rck. sim and Shells_Rck.zon, not included in NewUIs TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
These mentioned files are from OHII v2.3.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 12:46 PM   #4582
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:

Bullet_spark_test

and

OPEN HORIZONS II v2.3
AAguns_12_20_40mm

These files, Shells_Rck.dat, Shells_Rck.dsd, Shells_Rck. sim and Shells_Rck.zon, not included in NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith.

If you have recently make changes in your modlist or you changed values in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py without use of OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe then go to data/Aplications/OptionsFileEditorViewer and start OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe, set correct path for menu.txt(data/menu/menu.txt) and correct SH5 installation path.
Click top "open" and browse data/scripts/menu for TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py. Make enleast one change and Save

I can see Silent CTD Hunter thread was helpful for you...If so , you should post there so that thread can stay "on site" for other players...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 03:23 PM   #4583
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:

Bullet_spark_test

and

OPEN HORIZONS II v2.3
AAguns_12_20_40mm

These files, Shells_Rck.dat, Shells_Rck.dsd, Shells_Rck. sim and Shells_Rck.zon, not included in NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith.

I used the options file editor as you suggested but still cannot enter Kiel . My modlist is the same as yours but without the
AAguns_12_20_40mm
Rocket_3InchGB_ & _5InchUS files .
Do you have a link for those ?
Sorry to harp on about it but my modlist is ruined and turning people away from SH5 . It really is a shame .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 01-04-14 at 03:37 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 04:53 PM   #4584
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Does the OH2.3 beta patch 1 use SkyBarons Leigh Light for SH5 V1.1 or V1? The file size is different in the OH2.3 beta patch 1 compared to SkyBarons Leigh Light for SH5 1.1 . Maybe something to look at before the next patch .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 04:57 PM   #4585
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
Hi Gap, really good news and good Inet-material I've looked through it also.

I have created a google document where we can input all the data we manage to collect. The spreadsheet is divided in three sections: Northern Fleet, Baltic Fleet and Black Sea Fleet. At the moment we can stick on the Northern Fleet; the two other fleets are there in case we chance upon useful information about them.

Link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...PUng1OHc#gid=0

[QUOTE=vlad29;2159946]
Now we had to determine which period of time we should take to position the right planes into the right airfields.

Talking about the Northern Fleet, since we are at it I would start from April - June 1941 (Operation Weserubung - Operation Barbarossa), ending to May 1945.

Arctic Convoys only spans from 19 Dec 41 to 19 Sep 42, but in future Trevally might add a new campaign taking place in the Artic, and/or change the timespan of the current campaign. What do you think?

Quote:
Please note the marks in color above
Not much to say about your remarks: for sure you are better informed than me. Just a couple of notes:

I think the KOR-1 was only used in little numbers by the Baltic and Black Sea fleets. It was initially planned to use it as a reconnaissance aircraft boarded on cruisers and battleships, but problems with its catapult and its lack of stability on water, forced to deploy it from land bases. IIRC it was definitely dismissed on spring 1942.

Accordin to Wikipedia, starting from 1942 the Lisunov Li-2 was occasionally used as light bomber, as well as in the trnsport role. I have no information on its usage from the Soviet Navy, but it is likely that only the BBS operated it.

Re. the Petlyakov Pe-2 and Pe-3, Douglas Boston and Handley Page Hampden, unfortunately we don't have models for those aircraft. We can use a replacement for them (choosing among the already available aircraft) until we find a better alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Thanks everyone for the help, links. PMs and advice over the last few days.
Sorry that I have not been posting (or working) - I will get back to it soon
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 05:43 PM   #4586
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
CAC Boomerang

http://www.sharecg.com/v/58463?inter..._displayed=Yes
Old 01-05-14, 03:05 AM   #4587
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
These mentioned files are from OHII v2.3.
you're right! Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks

Old 01-05-14, 03:07 AM   #4588
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I can see Silent CTD Hunter thread was helpful for you...If so , you should post there so that thread can stay "on site" for other players...
I will and thanks vds1981 for your helpful thread

Old 01-06-14, 12:00 AM   #4589
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

[QUOTE=gap;2160296]

I have created a google document where we can input all the data we manage to collect. The spreadsheet is divided in three sections: Northern Fleet, Baltic Fleet and Black Sea Fleet. At the moment we can stick on the Northern Fleet; the two other fleets are there in case we chance upon useful information about them.

Link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...PUng1OHc#gid=0
118th Marine Reconnaissance Rgmt. - Guba Gryasnaya (Bay Dirty) till 1945
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/118-%D0...BE%D1%82%D0%B0

Quote:
Now we had to determine which period of time we should take to position the right planes into the right airfields.

Talking about the Northern Fleet, since we are at it I would start from April - June 1941 (Operation Weserubung - Operation Barbarossa), ending to May 1945.

Arctic Convoys only spans from 19 Dec 41 to 19 Sep 42, but in future Trevally might add a new campaign taking place in the Artic, and/or change the timespan of the current campaign. What do you think?

I think we should prolong the time-span of the current campaign in acc. to this Arctic convoys activity http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_convoys_of_World_War_II

Not much to say about your remarks: for sure you are better informed than me. Just a couple of notes:

I think the KOR-1 was only used in little numbers by the Baltic and Black Sea fleets. It was initially planned to use it as a reconnaissance aircraft boarded on cruisers and battleships, but problems with its catapult and its lack of stability on water, forced to deploy it from land bases. IIRC it was definitely dismissed on spring 1942.

Accordin to Wikipedia, starting from 1942 the Lisunov Li-2 was occasionally used as light bomber, as well as in the trnsport role. I have no information on its usage from the Soviet Navy, but it is likely that only the BBS operated it.

Re. the Petlyakov Pe-2 and Pe-3, Douglas Boston and Handley Page Hampden, unfortunately we don't have models for those aircraft. We can use a replacement for them (choosing among the already available aircraft) until we find a better alternative.
F.e., we can take Il-2M instead Pe-З and Db-3F instead Boston, SB instead Hampden

Hi Gap, pl. note some remarks in color
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 08:49 AM   #4590
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
118th Marine Reconnaissance Rgmt. - Guba Gryasnaya (Bay Dirty) till 1945
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/118-%D0...BE%D1%82%D0%B0
I have updated the google spreadsheet according to your information.
That document is open for editing by anyone, so you can update its data yourself if you prefer

Quote:
I think we should prolong the time-span of the current campaign in acc. to this Arctic convoys activity http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...f_World_War_II
I agree, WWII Arctic warfare is full of interesting episodes which are not covered by the current campaign. Please see a previous post by me on this topic.

Likewise for Mare Nostrum / Battle of the Mediterranean; the U-Boat campaign lasted there from September 41 to May 44. In the meanwhile Italy had switched side, and many new Allied airfields were constructed, making u-boats' life much harder.

Quote:
F.e., we can take Il-2M instead Pe-З and Db-3F instead Boston, SB instead Hampden
Good plan

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii