SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-04-15, 05:32 AM   #316
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post

The big question now is of course, should the game be put back as it was originally intended by reserecting the tonnage bar?

Peter
Well, I can assure you that it wont be resurrected in Wolves, that's for sure...

Last edited by vdr1981; 11-04-15 at 05:44 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 12:14 PM   #317
MaMa
Bosun

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 0

Quote:
MaMa's fix might bring back some SH5 deserters.

The big question now is of course, should the game be put back as it was originally intended by reserecting the tonnage bar?

Peter
My fix surely put the game back to life again... i was nearly throwing it from the window just a week ago . Now rookies wanting to play the vanilla game and more experienced players who want something different (like Sober's MOD list) can play it. Simply i think now we have more possibilities with this game .

And last, from what i've read, TWOS can be played in an easier way now, with these features back !

I think we have available different game modes, for all preferences !

EDIT : Ouch ! I forgot that Sober's MOD list was changed because of this bug... maybe it is a good idea to reset the campaign as before, so players have a wide choice of gameplay with TWOS and Sober's Mega MOD... just my thought .

Last edited by MaMa; 11-04-15 at 12:20 PM. Reason: More infos...
MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 12:31 PM   #318
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi MaMa

A good question to put to sober.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 12:44 PM   #319
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Well, I can assure you that it wont be resurrected in Wolves, that's for sure...
At least on this point I and Vecko are agreeing. The arcade tonnage bar is dead once and for all Nonetheless, hidden from us, the game will continue accounting our tonnage scores and comparing them with a likewise hidden (in OHII and TWoS, not in stock game) tonnage requirement for deciding whether a campaign is "passed" or "failed". Once, a failed campaign was remarked by an harsh reprimand by BdU. Again, Vecko has "mitigated" those texts so that the player won't notice having missed any goal. Up to this point, I fully agree with the changes made so far to OH's campaign.

There is more though. In vanilla game and in OHII, failing certain campaigns blocked some other campaigns, thus limiting player's freedom to continue his career however he wanted. Likewise, some macro-objectives within each campaign required other objectives to be completed in order to be available to the player. TWoS has made those campaigns and objectives unrestricted so that, when date triggers them, we are free to choose them or not. What we have been discussing here during the last few days, is whether to put campaign/objective restrictions back into use, now that MaMa has discovered how to make the game to record our achievements correctly.

My opinion is that, within the boundaries of SH5 technical limitations and historical correctness, successfull commanders should be rewarded with an higher degree of freedom compared to average captains in deciding how their campaign will evolve. Therefore we should consider restoring the old campaign/objective restrictions, convenietly modified if necessary to offer a flawless and rewarding game experience. As usual, Vecko is more radical...

Last edited by gap; 11-04-15 at 12:50 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 01:43 PM   #320
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa View Post
My fix surely put the game back to life again... i was nearly throwing it from the window just a week ago . Now rookies wanting to play the vanilla game and more experienced players who want something different (like Sober's MOD list) can play it. Simply i think now we have more possibilities with this game .

And last, from what i've read, TWOS can be played in an easier way now, with these features back !

I think we have available different game modes, for all preferences !

EDIT : Ouch ! I forgot that Sober's MOD list was changed because of this bug... maybe it is a good idea to reset the campaign as before, so players have a wide choice of gameplay with TWOS and Sober's Mega MOD... just my thought .
Well done MaMa this is great news

This fix must be posted and stickied to SH5 forums
Old 11-04-15, 01:48 PM   #321
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Guys

One of the aspects that I did not like about the tonnage bar was sinking enemy ships that did count and therefore did not move the tonnage bar even though they were recorded correctly at the time in the Captain's Log.

Any ship sunk no matter how big or small would have been a big morale booster to the crew.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 02:12 PM   #322
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Well done MaMa this is great news

This fix must be posted and stickied to SH5 forums
Welcome back aboard Sir
Old 11-04-15, 02:27 PM   #323
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Welcome back aboard Sir

Thanks Gap
Old 11-04-15, 02:35 PM   #324
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
One of the aspects that I did not like about the tonnage bar was sinking enemy ships that did count and therefore did not move the tonnage bar even though they were recorded correctly at the time in the Captain's Log.

Any ship sunk no matter how big or small would have been a big morale booster to the crew.
It still is, but this has nothing to do with the tonnage bar, which is a measure of how many tons have been sunk during a campaign compared to the required total. Matter-of-factly the whole concept of a "tonnage bar" is misleading the player. While it is historically sure that "very effective" U-boat commanders were reserved a preferential treatment compared to average ones, and it is obvious that tonnage scored was the main measure of how successful an u-boat captain was, there was not such a thing like a tonnage goal whose fulfillment would have made you an hero. What is most cases an U-boat captain kwew before starting a patrol, was that he had to sail to a certain quadrant on the map, patrol it until he received new orders, and bring his crew and his boat back home. The more/the bigger the ships he sank in between, the better for his career and for the greater glory of Germany. That's all.
Old 11-04-15, 02:41 PM   #325
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post

Thanks Gap
Our little community misses your modding skills, your wisdom and your British humour man
Now that this illfamed drm-bug is hopefully fixed, once and for all, great days are gonna come again for our game
Old 11-05-15, 07:22 PM   #326
gap
Navy Seal

Please vote guys

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...4&postcount=48
Old 11-09-15, 09:35 PM   #327
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 375

radar drm fix

is a fresh thread and somekind of feedback tracker planned ?
Old 11-13-15, 11:09 AM   #328
Choum
Sparky

Downloads: 343
Uploads: 3

For people who don't want to manually change the process priority each time here a script that will launch the game and change the process priority.

In BATCH
Quote:
@echo off
"I:\Games\Silent Hunter 5\sh5.exe"
:LOOP
echo "WAITING FOR OSI TO LAUNCH"
Tasklist | find /i "OSI" >nul 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
timeout /t 2
GOTO LOOP
) ElSE (
ECHO "OSI FOUND"
WMIC PROCESS WHERE NAME="osi.exe" CALL setpriority "High priority"
ECHO "OSI PRIORITY CHANGE TO HIGH"
)
exit

In POWERSHELL
Quote:
"I:\Games\Silent Hunter 5\sh5.exe"
wait-process -Name osi
$Osi = (Get-process osi).id
$Osi.PriorityClass = 'High'
You just have to change the path to the sh5.exe and put one of the script as a shortcut create a .bat for the batch and ps1 file for the powershell.

The more simple to use is the batch one, the powershell script need some security tweak to run as it will be unsigned.

Last edited by Choum; 11-13-15 at 11:57 AM.
Choum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 11:47 AM   #329
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choum View Post
For people who don't want to manually change the process priority each time here a script that will launch the game and change the process priority.

In BATCH

In POWERSHELL
You just have to change the path to the sh5.exe and put one of the script as a shortcut create a .bat for the batch and ps1 file for the powershell.

The more simple to use is the batch one, the powershell script need some security tweak to run as it will be unsigned.
Well done Choun
Old 11-13-15, 01:20 PM   #330
MaMa
Bosun

Downloads: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choum View Post

In BATCH

In POWERSHELL

Wonderful !!

I was just trying to do something like that but with my limited knowledge i was having an hard time doing that !

Thanks a lot Choum !
MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote