Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-07-13, 01:12 PM   #1
alexacco
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default I can't get under 30m in sh5

Hello all,

i'm new on the forum so if i posted my topic in the wrong section please correct me. My problem is that i can't get under 30m under water. Whenever i do that my compressor, battery and other stuff are destoryed, i get flooded and then i die. What seems to be the problem here??
alexacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 01:23 PM   #2
Spectre-63
Sparky

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexacco View Post
Hello all,

i'm new on the forum so if i posted my topic in the wrong section please correct me. My problem is that i can't get under 30m under water. Whenever i do that my compressor, battery and other stuff are destoryed, i get flooded and then i die. What seems to be the problem here??
Alexacco -

where are you playing when you dive? If, like me, you started in the Balkan sea you're probably hitting the bottom. Have your Navigator report depth under keel. The report he gives will probably tell you why you're getting damaged.
Old 02-07-13, 01:38 PM   #3
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Hello all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre-63 View Post
Alexacco -

where are you playing when you dive? If, like me, you started in the Balkan sea you're probably hitting the bottom. Have your Navigator report depth under keel. The report he gives will probably tell you why you're getting damaged.
This question and the answer by Spectre, reminded me of that guy who couldn't see through his lowered periscope

Welcome aboard Alexacco
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 01:50 PM   #4
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Welcome to subsim Alexacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
that guy who couldn't see through his lowered periscope

Old 02-07-13, 02:04 PM   #5
Spectre-63
Sparky

Quote:
This question and the answer by Spectre, reminded me of that guy who couldn't see through his lowered periscope

Welcome aboard Alexacco
Gotta eliminate issues caused by the poor documentation before we move onto something else, right?

Old 02-07-13, 02:34 PM   #6
alexacco
Swabbie

I'm 100% sure that i'm not hitting the bottom beacuse i'm in the middle of the atlantic. It's really anoying. I have 3 destroyers behind, not one torpedo and simply can't get rid of them if i'm 25m under water. Currently playing happy times.
+ i would like to know wich mods did he used (link: ) beacuse he has a bunch of stuff on the screen and i don't??

Thanks in advance
Old 02-07-13, 02:40 PM   #7
Spectre-63
Sparky

Quote:
I'm 100% sure that i'm not hitting the bottom beacuse i'm in the middle of the atlantic. It's really anoying. I have 3 destroyers behind, not one torpedo and simply can't get rid of them if i'm 25m under water. Currently playing happy times.
+ i would like to know wich mods did he used (link: ) beacuse he has a bunch of stuff on the screen and i don't??

Thanks in advance
Almost impossible to know what mods are used in a video and, depending upon when it was done, it's probably out of date.

Start reading here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=190656

There are a few threads with people asking what mod packages will get them started:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201922

is a good baseline.

Good luck and welcome aboard
Old 02-07-13, 03:52 PM   #8
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Gotta eliminate issues caused by the poor documentation before we move onto something else, right?
your argument is impeccable

Quote:
I'm 100% sure that i'm not hitting the bottom beacuse i'm in the middle of the atlantic. It's really anoying. I have 3 destroyers behind, not one torpedo and simply can't get rid of them if i'm 25m under water.
probably your hull has suffered so much damage that it cannot stand the extra pressure of diving from 25 to 30 m. Try reloading an old savegame or an historical mission, and dive to test wehter your game is in order or not

Quote:
Quote:
Almost impossible to know what mods are used in a video and, depending upon when it was done, it's probably out of date.
You are probably looking for New UI's. You can get te last version of this mod from the following thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...69#post1332669
Old 02-07-13, 04:16 PM   #9
Spectre-63
Sparky

Quote:
your argument is impeccable

Quote:
You are probably looking for New UI's. You can get te last version of this mod from the following thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...69#post1332669
Agreed...that looks like TDW's UI alright
Old 02-08-13, 07:04 AM   #10
alexacco
Swabbie

Thanks for the advice. Is there a way to check hull status and where it can be repaired. And i was wondering how to order your crew to fire with a deck gun or is that impossible. I know that shells of fury had this option.
Old 02-08-13, 07:16 AM   #11
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Is there a way to check hull status and where it can be repaired. And i was wondering how to order your crew to fire with a deck gun or is that impossible. I know that shells of fury had this option.
Both are possible using one of the custom UI's available for SH5.

Enable one of them and ask for help in their respective threads if you don't get out locating the appropriate commands
Old 02-08-13, 09:48 AM   #12
alexacco
Swabbie

Okay so i've tried a custom ui (link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181370) and this one (link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093). They look really awesome but it seems i can't get rid of some additional windows with flags, time lines...
If i click ''go to the game'' or ''ok'' or if i try to close them nothing happens. What am i doing wrong. I didn't have any problems with other mods.
Old 02-08-13, 10:36 AM   #13
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Okay so i've tried a custom ui (link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181370) and this one (link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093). They look really awesome but it seems i can't get rid of some additional windows with flags, time lines...
If i click ''go to the game'' or ''ok'' or if i try to close them nothing happens. What am i doing wrong. I didn't have any problems with other mods.
I would strongly recommend you looking at this thread. You don't have to follow absolutely all steps in it, but you can start looking through things like: how to install mods with jsgme and what little tweaks can you apply to make your game run better.

I believe your problem comes from either 1) corrupted downloads (possible that the archiver that you are using is not able to open the files properly, try 7-zip); 2) you are installing incorrectly, causing files in weird places to cause weird things

You also can check the status of your hull/uboat by going to:
1) go to Crew Management
2) Clicl on Sub Systems Menu

Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-13, 10:39 AM   #14
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
You should update your game to v 1.2 before enabling any custom mod. Your current version is displayed on the top right corner of the main menu. Don't trust ubisoft's autoupdater: download the 1.2 patch, and apply it manually
Old 02-08-13, 11:30 AM   #15
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
I believe your problem comes from either 1) corrupted downloads... 2) you are installing incorrectly...
Quote:
You should update your game to v 1.2 before enabling any custom mod...
Hey guys, you may laugh, but I have the same problem..
just tried to install game to the laptop and while loading I see some pop-ups like below and then in the bunker the same as alexacco has..

I was in a stupor

any thoughts?

Win7 32-bit, .NET framework v3.5.1 and 4.0, my game and my mods transferred via memory stick..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
silent hunter 5 problem