SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-16, 05:01 PM   #4126
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Works great Sjizzle!

Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-16, 06:25 PM   #4127
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

That's the spirit our Italian allies !

Well, at least they tried...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 02:13 AM   #4128
kobiwaldi
Seaman

Downloads: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel4004 View Post

Thanks for having an eye on this!

Damn, would be just great with this mod working.

It works long time ago with version WoS 1.2 so maybe someone who has the skill and the pleasure for fixing/updating this mod.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215259

Would be also a nice addon for the next version from WoS.
Curently im doing a german language pack for wos. i hope ill get it ready this week
kobiwaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 08:08 AM   #4129
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
That's the spirit our Italian allies !

Well, at least they tried...
It didn't go exactly like that. This is the real story (from wikipedia):

HM Submarine X2 was an Italian Archimede-class submarine, originally named Galileo Galilei. She served in the Regia Marina before and during World War II, before her capture by the Royal Navy in 1940.

She was stationed in the Red Sea in June 1940 as a unit of the Italian Red Sea Flotilla. During a patrol, with Capitano di Corvetta Corrado Nardi in command, on 16 June 1940, she sank the Norwegian tanker James Stove approximately 12 miles south of Aden, following which aircraft from the cruiser HMS Leander carried out a search for her without success.

On 18 June, the Galilei halted with cannon fire the Yugoslavian cargo ship Drava, but as Yugoslavia was not yet at war, she let it proceed. The gunfire was heard by the anti-submarine warfare trawler HMS Moonstone and at 4:30pm Moonstone sighted the periscope of Galileo Galilei and carried out an attack with two depth charges, though without damaging the submarine at the position 12°48′N 45°12′E. The following day, after the British warship repeated its attack with depth charges, Nardi gave the order to surface and engaged the Moonstone with her guns. At the start of the action between the two vessels, the forward gun's sighting mechanism on the Galilei became unusable. The fast-moving Moonstone scored the first hit on the Italian boat after ten minutes, killing some men and wounding Nardi. The following hit killed the crew of the forward gun, including the First Officer. The submarine's aft gun jammed, and then another salvo from Moonstone killed all those on the conning tower including Nardi. Under the only officer left alive, though wounded, the young midshipman Mazzucchi, the Galilei continued the fight with the forward gun. However the British destroyer HMS Kandahar arrived, and Galilei surrendered. The submarine had lost 16 men; Nardi, four other officers, seven NCOs and four sailors. The submarine was then towed into Aden. Though the British side claimed that the submarine's codebooks and operational documents were captured intact by the Royal Navy, and revealed the exact position of other Italian naval units, Italian survivors (including Midshipman Mazzucchi) reported that every document was destroyed before surrender, and that no written operational orders were issued to Italian units, only an oral briefing between captains and the submarine command in Massawa before every mission. The claim was reported only to cover the British intelligence activities in Italian East Africa.

Though lacking the training of Royal Navy or Kriegsmarine, Italian sailors and naval officers were just as brave as the ones of other contemporary Navies. The biiggest problem of Reggia Marina was that their equipment often sucked. This is surely true for their obsolete and cumbersome submarine force. By the way, one of my grand uncles was a Reggia Marina submariner. His submarine was sunk, but he miraculously survived.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 10:52 AM   #4130
The Mad Asshatter
Seaman

Downloads: 51

Is there anything that can be done about batteries not recharging in heavy seas? Basically, it seems that every time a wave comes over the boat, the game registers it as being "underwater" and turns off battery recharging. This also has the effect of knocking me out of 512x time compression, making getting anywhere in a storm tedious.
The Mad Asshatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 11:07 AM   #4131
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Asshatter View Post
Is there anything that can be done about batteries not recharging in heavy seas? Basically, it seems that every time a wave comes over the boat, the game registers it as being "underwater" and turns off battery recharging. This also has the effect of knocking me out of 512x time compression, making getting anywhere in a storm tedious.
I dont think its possible to solve this issue, but i have to say i had this problem much more in SH4 than now. Ill let TWOS authors to explain..

About that time compression (AKA TC) - you can fix this by unset "stop TC on every message" at right top of your display..
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 11:07 AM   #4132
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Do you use recommended TC settings from the first page?
Old 02-24-16, 11:16 AM   #4133
The Mad Asshatter
Seaman

Downloads: 51

Yes, if they are the same ones from the video install tutorial.
The Mad Asshatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 11:18 AM   #4134
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yes, if they are the same ones from the video install tutorial.
How about Palmic's advice then? I dont have such issues but I also don't use "x1 on every message" ...Tell us what you got...
Old 02-24-16, 01:20 PM   #4135
palmic
Grey Wolf

Quote:
How about Palmic's advice then? I dont have such issues but I also don't use "x1 on every message" ...Tell us what you got...
BTW. One of the biggest life hacks in sh5 is using shift + +/- . I didn't know that from the start..
Old 02-24-16, 04:31 PM   #4136
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
It didn't go exactly like that. This is the real story (from wikipedia):

HM Submarine X2 was an Italian Archimede-class submarine, originally named Galileo Galilei. She served in the Regia Marina before and during World War II, before her capture by the Royal Navy in 1940.

She was stationed in the Red Sea in June 1940 as a unit of the Italian Red Sea Flotilla. During a patrol, with Capitano di Corvetta Corrado Nardi in command, on 16 June 1940, she sank the Norwegian tanker James Stove approximately 12 miles south of Aden, following which aircraft from the cruiser HMS Leander carried out a search for her without success.

On 18 June, the Galilei halted with cannon fire the Yugoslavian cargo ship Drava, but as Yugoslavia was not yet at war, she let it proceed. The gunfire was heard by the anti-submarine warfare trawler HMS Moonstone and at 4:30pm Moonstone sighted the periscope of Galileo Galilei and carried out an attack with two depth charges, though without damaging the submarine at the position 12°48′N 45°12′E. The following day, after the British warship repeated its attack with depth charges, Nardi gave the order to surface and engaged the Moonstone with her guns. At the start of the action between the two vessels, the forward gun's sighting mechanism on the Galilei became unusable. The fast-moving Moonstone scored the first hit on the Italian boat after ten minutes, killing some men and wounding Nardi. The following hit killed the crew of the forward gun, including the First Officer. The submarine's aft gun jammed, and then another salvo from Moonstone killed all those on the conning tower including Nardi. Under the only officer left alive, though wounded, the young midshipman Mazzucchi, the Galilei continued the fight with the forward gun. However the British destroyer HMS Kandahar arrived, and Galilei surrendered. The submarine had lost 16 men; Nardi, four other officers, seven NCOs and four sailors. The submarine was then towed into Aden. Though the British side claimed that the submarine's codebooks and operational documents were captured intact by the Royal Navy, and revealed the exact position of other Italian naval units, Italian survivors (including Midshipman Mazzucchi) reported that every document was destroyed before surrender, and that no written operational orders were issued to Italian units, only an oral briefing between captains and the submarine command in Massawa before every mission. The claim was reported only to cover the British intelligence activities in Italian East Africa.

Though lacking the training of Royal Navy or Kriegsmarine, Italian sailors and naval officers were just as brave as the ones of other contemporary Navies. The biiggest problem of Reggia Marina was that their equipment often sucked. This is surely true for their obsolete and cumbersome submarine force. By the way, one of my grand uncles was a Reggia Marina submariner. His submarine was sunk, but he miraculously survived.
Thanks for the infos. Very interesting story!

excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 04:45 PM   #4137
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiwaldi View Post
Curently im doing a german language pack for wos. i hope ill get it ready this week
Wooot!!?

excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 05:02 PM   #4138
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel4004 View Post
Thanks for the infos. Very interesting story!
Thank you too for taking the time of reading it. History is another of my hobbies
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 05:05 PM   #4139
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiwaldi View Post
Excellent!
But please, be unambiguous and precise in readme documentation. You must stated correctly for which TWoS (+ Update No. xx) version your language pack is intended to...Otherwise, there may be a lot unexpected problems...
Old 02-24-16, 05:45 PM   #4140
palmic
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Thank you too for taking the time of reading it. History is another of my hobbies
History of ww2 is maybe most awesome part of our history in my oppinion. When i studied atlantic war i found at first "we" was not so behind in tech i was expecting at first and it was not so about good VS evil, because many german sailors was brave and didnt want to harm others, as i was expecting years before.

If this is red by anyone who cannot understand, just read about details of ww2.
One of the most interesting things about that is how that !people! could understand to being part of dominating world by evil ways.

If anyone could sent me to some documentary about german people mentality about ww2 it would be most appreciated, because i realy still dont understand how some people could accept they are part of financing concentrating camps and other parts of nazi germany.

Last edited by palmic; 02-24-16 at 05:52 PM.