SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-21-20, 11:26 AM   #1
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

It's more than one file. Each RGG (Random Generated Group) in each of the campaign (and SingleMission, etc) mis files has a setting for a percentage of a chance to send out a "Contact Report", and how often to try for a chance.
ReportPosMin=7049 - the time in minutes. a negative number means "Don't do it"
ReportPosProbability=7 - the percentage chance of the report, if the above is NOT negative.
This is done in TMO to simulate that the Ultra system was not completely set-up yet. The main bugaboo being that they didn't trust US submariners to keep a secret . When walking the boat, look for the traffic lanes map, and use that to find a place to "lay in wait" for "unsuspecting enemies" to come by...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 11:42 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It's more than one file. Each RGG (Random Generated Group) in each of the campaign (and SingleMission, etc) mis files has a setting for a percentage of a chance to send out a "Contact Report", and how often to try for a chance.
ReportPosMin=7049 - the time in minutes. a negative number means "Don't do it"
ReportPosProbability=7 - the percentage chance of the report, if the above is NOT negative.
This is done in TMO to simulate that the Ultra system was not completely set-up yet. The main bugaboo being that they didn't trust US submariners to keep a secret . When walking the boat, look for the traffic lanes map, and use that to find a place to "lay in wait" for "unsuspecting enemies" to come by...

Yeah, thanks a lot for this info. I'm definitly not going to mess whith these files, but by pure chance I have found a traffic map at the radio guy giving generic traffic info with red lines. I had to scroll the radio image which appears in the upper left to see - oh what a beautiful map
I think this will help me greatly. I was playing for hours yesterday without encountering anything passing the Macassar Strait, also patrolling for 72 hours in my zone will still mark 'objective uncomplete' although I keep strickly in a 100nm radius. But saving the game will probably - like in SH5 - reset the timer.

Thanks!
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 04:08 PM   #3
propbeanie

Draw yourself a little 75nm circle instead of 100 - or - drive up to the circle and sit for it to complete. You'll probably have to dive to avoid airplanes, but at least you can use high TC ~then~ go off and do what you want, if you don't want to lose those Objective renown points.

Old 04-22-20, 06:17 AM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Draw yourself a little 75nm circle instead of 100 - or - drive up to the circle and sit for it to complete. You'll probably have to dive to avoid airplanes, but at least you can use high TC ~then~ go off and do what you want, if you don't want to lose those Objective renown points.

Thanks for your tips, propbeanie, I appreciate
I'm getting more contacts now, my first impression was false, I need to get better
Old 04-22-20, 07:38 AM   #5
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

There is a mod from james_nix called

RSDC TMO Hollywood Missions
Description:

"I like the 'Hollywood' missions to break up the monotony so I restored the insertion (people and supplies) and photo missions to RSRDC for TMO."

I wonder if I can use this with Ralles' package, or if it would break the mod somehow. Adding it to the end would overwrite the file PatrolObjectives.cfg which was in 1.0 and then gets overwritten by 2.0 here below. This mod would overwrite it again, I need to compare the files but the adaptation could take long for me. Maybe someone has already done this?

1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9 RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_German PPI Screen
2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC
RSDC TMO Hollywood Missions <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ?

Thanks!
XS

[EDIT]
Ok, I must adapt the Ralle's file, I cannot just replace it. There are 49 entries to change as for the 'AllMatch=Disable' into other values, I must do this manually on the Ralle's file.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-22-20 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-22-20, 09:38 AM   #6
propbeanie

I would use WinMerge on the two files in question. That way, say you have nix's file on the left, and Ralles on the right. Nix's file has the changes for the calls that add the "Hollywood" missions back in that are needed in Ralles, but there might be other differences as well, that need to be changed. You just use the Alt - Right Arrow key combination to make your changes, then Alt down arrow to go to the next difference. Skip the differences you don't need to do.

If I remember correctly, the actual mis and tsr files are their in their folders in the PatrolObjectives folder under the Campaign folder, and all you need to do is to enable that line in the PatrolObjectives.cfg file, but you might also have to alter their "AllMatch" lines to match the "ObjectiveCode" to actually have them assigned to be called by Flotillas.upc.

Old 04-22-20, 12:02 PM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Thanks very much propbeanie, I have done it with UltraEdit, took me 1/2 an hour, but I will certainly look for this tool WinMerge, this should speed-up my mods in the future

Best greetings,
XS