SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-08, 11:49 AM   #1
Janus
XO

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Does anyone know if there is a version of the Longer Repair Times mod which is compatible with the latest NYGM? Maybe an older version of the LRT mod?
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 04:02 PM   #2
nirwana
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 17

Something to fix ?

I have the max possible number of crew onboard and therefor most of the time crewmates in the "neutral" electric or diesel compartments. If there are more crewmembers in both compartments combined then the maximum in NYGM allowed slots per engine compartment and i issue any order which has anything to do with the depth the game fills upto 3 slots as well which are disabled by the smode. They are greyed out with a red void sign on top which doesnt prevent them getting tired if i dont move them out. It happens already with smode 2.5 and 3.0 installed only.

I have added extra installations with multish3 using downloads from different mirrors but all of them act in the same way.

I havnt noticed this til i replaced OLC2 special with hitmans optics mod and the default settings of NYGM regarding subs were restored.
nirwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 06:31 AM   #3
Fandrich
Nub

Downloads: 25

I have made a bit of research http://www.uboataces.com/radar-warning.shtml says: "Metox however could not differentiate between radar and non-radar signals, neither could it provide the bearing of the source of transmission." and also on a forum http://www.uboat.net/forums/read.php...,59120,quote=1 "Since no range information was available from the Metox the submarine commander had little choice but to break off battery charging and dive with an uncharged battery."
So it seems that there was neither range, nor bearing. Thus it would be nice to remove the radar warning contact lines if it is possible.
???
Fandrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 09:45 AM   #4
dinazor
Swabbie

Downloads: 239
Default where is NYGM 3.0 Mod?

I am really sory but I can not find NYGM 3.0 mod at http://hosted.filefront.com/TeddyBar/

Do you know different adress?

Thank you
dinazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 12:26 PM   #5
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinazor
I am really sory but I can not find NYGM 3.0 mod at http://hosted.filefront.com/TeddyBar/

Do you know different adress?

Thank you
Well crap, filefront must of done its magic again. You will still need the following file..NYGM_Tonnage_War_V2.5_Fulon.7z, which is still available at the above link but the NYGM 3.0 file is gone. Hopefully Stiebler will see this and take a look at the issue with Filefront.

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-09, 09:17 AM   #6
Otto Heinzmeir
Weps

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Does anyone know if there is a version of the Longer Repair Times mod which is compatible with the latest NYGM? Maybe an older version of the LRT mod?
There is a do it yourself version. Its not hard to do. This is a good alternative because all mods use specific files. This manual shows what you need to edit to make repairs average around 20 minutes. Its the LittleLongerRepairMod Link is below:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=141586

EDIT- I have since learned this uber mod doesn't need Longer repair times as repairs are handled differently and as a result already take longer.

I installed the NYGM3.2 mod. Looking good! My thanks to the mod team. Looking forward to dodging DC attacks

Last edited by Otto Heinzmeir; 03-25-09 at 05:20 PM.
Otto Heinzmeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-09, 05:26 PM   #7
Otto Heinzmeir
Weps

The more I play this, the more I like it. One of the biggest differences is the waves are not as large when the wind reaches 15mps. As a result I have less torpedoes breech the waves under these conditions and am able to successfully hit targets by running the fish at a depth of 4.2m

In other mods I have had torps set at a depth of 6.5m breech. So this mod is actually playable in 15mps winds.

Am going to try out the anti-humming bird mod for this in my next mission.
Old 03-26-09, 08:47 AM   #8
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Am going to try out the anti-humming bird mod for this in my next mission.
IIRC it's already part of the mod. The separate download is for those who want to use it with stock Sh3
Old 03-27-09, 01:32 AM   #9
Otto Heinzmeir
Weps

Ok. My IIA kept wanting to breech at Periscope depth if I was at 0 kts. I never tried the VIIb before I added the humming bird mod. Adding the mod didn't seem to hurt anything but I guess I can remove it. I installed through JGME so not a problem. Thanks for the info.

100% Realism DID + No God's Eye View____SH3 Commander Crew Rotation

Old 03-29-09, 05:14 AM   #10
Balic
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

Did the mod turned of the ability to quickly send crew to stations when pressing one of the quick selection boxes under the crew-compartment display?

Last edited by Balic; 03-29-09 at 05:39 AM.
Balic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-09, 05:57 AM   #11
Otto Heinzmeir
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balic View Post
Did the mod turned of the ability to quickly send crew to stations when pressing one of the quick selection boxes under the crew-compartment display?
I have to manually drag the crew to man the deck crew. Never tried the flak gun as I always dive when I spot planes. Its likely the same. I'm just a player so my opinion is unofficial. I would have to say, yes you have to manually man the stations, except for the watch crew. It may or may not be by design as a lot of stuff had to be changed to get some of the realism in the crew. Repairing is all done differently also. Personally I like to have to manually man the gun. Its actually more realistic to put one guy in there at a time as in real life it did not happen instantly. Except for the first 2 or 3 rounds, all the shells were passed up through the conning tower.

100% Realism DID + No God's Eye View____SH3 Commander Crew Rotation

Tags
torpedos through hull