SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-20, 03:56 PM   #526
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
Hi propbeanie!
You wrote:
"The most consistent way to induce the gauges to quit is to have an AI Submarine that shares the same parts as your submarine, comes within the" spawning range "of your submarine, which is somewhere between 24 and 32 km, depending upon whose data you believe concerning the "spawning range". This occurs from having the parts of the submarines "conflict" with each other. In FotRSU, we are reasonably certain we have eliminated this type of issue, by having separate parts and 3D models of the submarines and their parts for all of the AI ​​submarines. "
Ok, so with Porpoise if I meet a Japanese submarine between 24 and 32 km in FotRSU the problem of blocked gauges is solved. But with the Porpoise I met a C3 submarine that blocked my gauges as I showed with the screenshot and with the data you requested from me.
What is the solution? Choose a submarine other than Porpoise?
Did this problem only happen to me or to other captains and how did they solve it? It seems that, returning to the base, everything is fixed.
Anyway I start with a new career with a different submarine and with FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.004.a_EN and I hope well !!!
Sorry if I repeat myself but I would like to solve this problem.
Torpedo
I have run several different missions in Single Missions, Quick Patrols and Career, and I cannot replicate this issue yet Torpedo. I have not lost my gauges on a Porpoise boat yet. I will change that to a Tambor next, and see what happens with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I have a problem loading my campaign save files.

Two days ago I reinstalled SH4 from scratch as mentioned in the FOTRS readme. (clean game, LAA fix, JSGME, FOTRS 1.004.a)
I started a new Fleetboat campaign which ran smooth. I even could save and load my game.
Yesterday on my third patrol I also created a few savegames. But now I can't load anyone of them. Upon saving I made sure the boat was surfaced an no enemy contact nearby.
When I load a game I get the loading bar and after that the black screen and textbox "No mission to difficult". After that comes a Crash to Desktop, no error message or similar.

Autosaves created in Port load fine.

Any suggestions?
I often can play only for a hour or two on evenings, so when the save / load function doesn't work fine I'll never finish a campaign...

System Spec:
Win 10 Prof 64bit (V 1909)
CPU Intel i4790k
8 GB RAM (DDR 3 3200)
GeForce GTX970
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicemanJ View Post
How do i know i got the Mod installed or not? I was expecting in the load screen to see something different. I just built a new rig and installed from steam and have not played the game for years. Something in the menu or anything to let me know? I did not boot the game before i installed to see if there was a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotRSU Mod Team View Post
... You should supply your computer information, such as cpu, gpu, RAM, hard drive(s) and free space, whether you emptied the old Save folder, your OS, whether 32-bit or 64-bit and where the game you have modded is installed. We also need what mods are activated (use the JSGME "Export activated mods list to..."). As for a potential bug, besides the previously mentioned, we also need the date of the occurrence and the location - the more accurate, the better - THIS IS IMPORTANT - it is also nice to know what submarine you are in, the date you sailed, where did you sail from, what were your orders and what are the surrounding circumstances... The more information you supply, the better. Without it, the task of finding what you consider as an issue is much more difficult. Pictures and / or video are greatly appreciated. Thank you....
One of you guys got a portion of the one section of instructions, but not the other. The other one of you got a portion of the other section, but not the first set of instructions... lol - Fire, where were you when this bad Save happended? Where had you sailed from? What date approximately was it? What is your mod list? - JuicemanJ, what are your computer specs, and where do you have the game installed? There is a definite splash screen for the mod, which consists of the Ubisoft SH4 logo, over the

picture, along with the "Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition" text. Definitely different than Stock. Steam defaults to installing the game in "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter..." which is controlled by Windows. All sorts of files will be restored to their previous state because of the Windows UAC and other 'modern technologies' that MS has introduced since the Windows XP days. If SH4 is about the only Steam game you have, then it might be easier to re-install and change the install folder to something you've created yourself that is outside of a Program Files folder. If you have a 2nd hard drive available, you can create a 2nd Steam Library folder on that drive, and install SH4 there. Or you can "move" the install by hand... Consult the Steam Knowledgebase Article "Moving a Steam Installation and Games" for more info. Be sure and de-activate FotRSU or any other mods you have first, then move your MODS folder out of there so you don't lose it. After you are installed in a better location and have re-activated your mod(s), be sure and empty the Save folder C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", to be certain that the mod will take and copy to there... If you don't empty the Save folder, a goodly portion of the Save data is not overwritten. If you don't start the game though, you won't have Save data...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 05:55 PM   #527
Fire
Bosun

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Fire, where were you when this bad Save happended? Where had you sailed from? What date approximately was it? What is your mod list?

Missed the most important sentence with the Instructions... sorry

There was no save folder before I installed SH4, it was generated on the first start with FOTRS.

JSGME Export:
Code:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[K:\spiele\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.004.a_EN
Date in game is end of February / begin of March 1942

Sailed from Pearl Harbour to the south of Japan where I got free hunting.
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 06:50 PM   #528
propbeanie

Quote:
Hi all!
My gauges do not work and I have installed FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.004.a_EN. My career starts with a Porpoise from Pearl Harbor at 8 December 1941. The first two saves OK, but with the third save the gauges don't work. I have 32Gb RAM, Win10 64, the computer is new and updated with updated top hardware. I read that with a new submarine the problem disappears, but the problem disappears forever or can it reappear again? What can I do to fix it? I have activated SH5 with LAA from the beginning and I only use my career, no museum, mission ...
I don't think the problem depends on the Porpoise because in any mission the Porpoise has all the gauges working. It seems that saves have problems, but I don't know how to solve them.
Does it happen to others too? And how did you solve it?
I have tried to research this problem in the forum but have not yet seen solutions. And sorry for my very bad english!
Thanks for any suggestions!
Torpedo
Quote:
Hi propbeanie!
Thanks for your recommendations that I have always followed, but unfortunately they do not solve the problem of blocked gauges. Now I'm doing a test with the previous version FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.0.1.g_EN, new career, departure with a Porpoise from Pearl Harbor to the Straits of Kii Suido near Osaka. I made a lot of saves and all ok: the gauges work fine. So I tried to find out the differences between the last two versions of FOTRSU with the Total Commander program which is an excellent file manager with many possibilities and with WinMerge, but I still haven't been able to identify the differences that cause me the problem. For now I continue to use version 1.0.1g_EN to always check that the saves are not corrupt.
Thanks again and I will let you know as soon as I have secure news!
Torpedo
Quote:
Hi propbeanie!
I write all the data I found in my save, but when I made the save, the gauges are all ok and it doesn't seem to me that I had an enemy warship detection. But anything is possible!
This is what I found by loading my save to my surprise of having a warship detection:

Sub: Porpoise
Mission: Patrol Sagami Nada
Date detection warship: December 28, 1941 15:52
My position: Long 139 30'E, Lat 34 50'N
My bow 270° W
Detection of warship in immersion from sonarman: 203°, distance 19730 mt.
With an external view, the warship is a Japanese submarine
(never met until now and I didn't know it was in SH4).

I don't know if it was the presence of the Japanese submarine that interfered with the data of my submarine at the time of the save. The complete data of my submarine for the gauges are lost and are not recoverable, exiting SH4 and loading the save.
At this point I doubt that it is the presence of the Japanese submarine that blocks the position of the gauges.
The sh4.exe executable has been updated with LAA and I can start the simulator.
For my proof that it is not my PC that creates problems, I have reactivated FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.004.a_EN and I have made a new career always from Pearl Harbor but with a Tambor and as a mission different patrols in the Marshall Islands. I made 6 saves: the gauges OK! And there was no Japanese submarine that could cause problems.
Torpedo
Quote:
Hi propbeanie!
I took a screenshot on the Japanese submarine:
it's a "Type C3 Submarine" as a class and I'll post the image taken from the periscope:

-pic-

I have not seen an airplane on its catapult and no other warship nearby.
I hope it can be useful to solve the problem, but it is not better to change the presence of Japanese submarines in the SH4 career option? I don't know if there were direct clashes between submarines throughout the Pacific War, but here in SH4 it would be less of a problem. This is just my opinion!
Torpedo
Quote:
Hi propbeanie!
You wrote:
"The most consistent way to induce the gauges to quit is to have an AI Submarine that shares the same parts as your submarine, comes within the" spawning range "of your submarine, which is somewhere between 24 and 32 km, depending upon whose data you believe concerning the "spawning range". This occurs from having the parts of the submarines "conflict" with each other. In FotRSU, we are reasonably certain we have eliminated this type of issue, by having separate parts and 3D models of the submarines and their parts for all of the AI ​​submarines. "
Ok, so with Porpoise if I meet a Japanese submarine between 24 and 32 km in FotRSU the problem of blocked gauges is solved. But with the Porpoise I met a C3 submarine that blocked my gauges as I showed with the screenshot and with the data you requested from me.
What is the solution? Choose a submarine other than Porpoise?
Did this problem only happen to me or to other captains and how did they solve it? It seems that, returning to the base, everything is fixed.
Anyway I start with a new career with a different submarine and with FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.004.a_EN and I hope well !!!
Sorry if I repeat myself but I would like to solve this problem.
Torpedo
Quote:
I have a problem loading my campaign save files.

Two days ago I reinstalled SH4 from scratch as mentioned in the FOTRS readme. (clean game, LAA fix, JSGME, FOTRS 1.004.a)
I started a new Fleetboat campaign which ran smooth. I even could save and load my game.
Yesterday on my third patrol I also created a few savegames. But now I can't load anyone of them. Upon saving I made sure the boat was surfaced an no enemy contact nearby.
When I load a game I get the loading bar and after that the black screen and textbox "No mission to difficult". After that comes a Crash to Desktop, no error message or similar.

Autosaves created in Port load fine.

Any suggestions?
I often can play only for a hour or two on evenings, so when the save / load function doesn't work fine I'll never finish a campaign...

System Spec:
Win 10 Prof 64bit (V 1909)
CPU Intel i4790k
8 GB RAM (DDR 3 3200)
GeForce GTX970
Quote:
Missed the most important sentence with the Instructions... sorry

There was no save folder before I installed SH4, it was generated on the first start with FOTRS.

JSGME Export:
Code:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[K:\spiele\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.004.a_EN
Date in game is end of February / begin of March 1942

Sailed from Pearl Harbour to the south of Japan
where I got free hunting.
What do you consider "the south of Japan" Fire? Did you happen to notice your gauges in your submarine prior to Saving? Had you encountered any enemy submarines that you are aware of? How about any airplanes?

Have either of you fellows used the "Save Replay" check box?... thanks

Old 03-03-20, 07:49 PM   #529
JuicemanJ
Swabbie

Downloads: 48

JuicemanJ, what are your computer specs, and where do you have the game installed? There is a definite splash screen for the mod, which consists of the Ubisoft SH4 logo, over the

picture, along with the "Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition" text. Definitely different than Stock. Steam defaults to installing the game in "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter..." which is controlled by Windows. All sorts of files will be restored to their previous state because of the Windows UAC and other 'modern technologies' that MS has introduced since the Windows XP days. If SH4 is about the only Steam game you have, then it might be easier to re-install and change the install folder to something you've created yourself that is outside of a Program Files folder. If you have a 2nd hard drive available, you can create a 2nd Steam Library folder on that drive, and install SH4 there. Or you can "move" the install by hand... Consult the Steam Knowledgebase Article "Moving a Steam Installation and Games" for more info. Be sure and de-activate FotRSU or any other mods you have first, then move your MODS folder out of there so you don't lose it. After you are installed in a better location and have re-activated your mod(s), be sure and empty the Save folder C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", to be certain that the mod will take and copy to there... If you don't empty the Save folder, a goodly portion of the Save data is not overwritten. If you don't start the game though, you won't have Save data... [/QUOTE]

I'm going to try again, I set it up in C:\Games\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific. Maybe I extracted in the wrong folder. I tried it a couple times last night. I just deleted it all and reinstalled SH4 and will follow instruction again and see if I can get it right.

System Specs
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K
64K DDR4 Ram
GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
JuicemanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 09:39 PM   #530
JuicemanJ
Swabbie

Downloads: 48

Quote:
JuicemanJ, what are your computer specs, and where do you have the game installed? There is a definite splash screen for the mod, which consists of the Ubisoft SH4 logo, over the

picture, along with the "Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition" text. Definitely different than Stock. Steam defaults to installing the game in "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter..." which is controlled by Windows. All sorts of files will be restored to their previous state because of the Windows UAC and other 'modern technologies' that MS has introduced since the Windows XP days. If SH4 is about the only Steam game you have, then it might be easier to re-install and change the install folder to something you've created yourself that is outside of a Program Files folder. If you have a 2nd hard drive available, you can create a 2nd Steam Library folder on that drive, and install SH4 there. Or you can "move" the install by hand... Consult the Steam Knowledgebase Article "Moving a Steam Installation and Games" for more info. Be sure and de-activate FotRSU or any other mods you have first, then move your MODS folder out of there so you don't lose it. After you are installed in a better location and have re-activated your mod(s), be sure and empty the Save folder C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", to be certain that the mod will take and copy to there... If you don't empty the Save folder, a goodly portion of the Save data is not overwritten. If you don't start the game though, you won't have Save data...

I'm going to try again, I set it up in C:\Games\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific. Maybe I extracted in the wrong folder. I tried it a couple times last night. I just deleted it all and reinstalled SH4 and will follow instruction again and see if I can get it right.

System Specs
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
64K DDR4 Ram
GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER[/QUOTE]

Good to go!! Time to take the Sub for a test run...
JuicemanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 06:52 AM   #531
Fire
Bosun

Quote:
What do you consider "the south of Japan" Fire? Did you happen to notice your gauges in your submarine prior to Saving? Had you encountered any enemy submarines that you are aware of? How about any airplanes?

Have either of you fellows used the "Save Replay" check box?... thanks

I was in this area:

https://abload.de/image.php?img=sh4i..._12.32zkl3.png

The gauges were working fine as I can recall, sub was on surface running ahead standard with 10kn and rudder 0. There was no (known) enemy nearby. No planes, no ship, no sub.
Ship is a Tambor Class (USS Tautog SS-199)

I never used the "save replay" checkbox.

I replayed the mission this morning from start in base and now the saves seem to work.
Old 03-04-20, 07:26 AM   #532
propbeanie

Quote:

System Specs
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
64K DDR4 Ram
GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Good to go!! Time to take the Sub for a test run...
Excellent! Glad you are going.

Quote:
I was in this area:

- pic linkie -

The gauges were working fine as I can recall, sub was on surface running ahead standard with 10kn and rudder 0. There was no (known) enemy nearby. No planes, no ship, no sub.
Ship is a Tambor Class (USS Tautog SS-199)

I never used the "save replay" checkbox.

I replayed the mission this morning from start in base and now the saves seem to work.
The mod working fine the next time through the same area is not surprising. Something seems to be spawning, or generating, in the game that is causing us issues. Since things do not spawn at a 100% rate generally, that can make it much more difficult to track down an issue. Let me ask you a few more questions then: It appears that you were ordered to "proceed immediately" or similar wording, to where the orange star with the flag is, correct? Once you arrived in the general area, you were told to sink ships, and it was up to you as to where to go to do that, correct? This is a screen grab from a different journey to this area, correct? Do you recall what ship that was you sank there in the East China Sea? Is that what completed the mission you have pictured in your picture link? The red square in the Pacific, signifying a radio report of either a ship or group, did the message allude to what that was? Lastly, what is you assignment down west of the Ryukyu chain in the East China Sea?

@ Torpedo: How close to this area where he drew the box were you when you lost your gauges? Or were you closer to Bungo or Kii Suido?...

Thanks guys for anymore details you can supply.

Old 03-05-20, 03:46 AM   #533
Torpedo
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1064

Quote:
@ Torpedo: How close to this area where he drew the box were you when you lost your gauges? Or were you closer to Bungo or Kii Suido?...
Hi propbeanie!
I was closer to Kii Suido but at the considerable distance of 560 km.
Two pictures to be more precise:
The first image is my position with respect to Kii Suido:

In the second image I highlight with red rectangle the area where I probably lost the gauges and where I didn't notice the presence of enemy submarines and I made a save which unfortunately was corrupt on December 28, 1941 h.15: 50. I loaded this save and only now I had the sighting from the sonarman of the Japanese submarine C3 which is located at the end of the green line and I lost my gauges.

I hope it will be useful to you.
Torpedo

Last edited by Torpedo; 03-05-20 at 05:44 PM.
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 09:23 AM   #534
Fire
Bosun

Quote:

The mod working fine the next time through the same area is not surprising. Something seems to be spawning, or generating, in the game that is causing us issues. Since things do not spawn at a 100% rate generally, that can make it much more difficult to track down an issue. Let me ask you a few more questions then: It appears that you were ordered to "proceed immediately" or similar wording, to where the orange star with the flag is, correct? Once you arrived in the general area, you were told to sink ships, and it was up to you as to where to go to do that, correct? This is a screen grab from a different journey to this area, correct? Do you recall what ship that was you sank there in the East China Sea? Is that what completed the mission you have pictured in your picture link? The red square in the Pacific, signifying a radio report of either a ship or group, did the message allude to what that was? Lastly, what is you assignment down west of the Ryukyu chain in the East China Sea?

Thanks guys for anymore details you can supply.

Your first two questions: Yes, first was the flag-marker and then the "free hunt" order.
The picture is from my second attemp of the mission. In my corrupt save there was no radio contact either.
The ship I sunk there in my first attempt was a freighter, I think it was a "mordern composite" or similiar, but not 100% sure.

Here are two more screeshots of my second run trough the mission. I got a lot of orders in the East and South Chinese Sea

Old 03-05-20, 09:32 AM   #535
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 369
Default CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEWEST VERSION!

Team,

I wish to congratulate the team on your newest version 1.004.a!

As you can see in my signature, I have a new computer which can play this game as it should be played. I would also wish to thank Capn Scurvy for his thread, 'Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install.' I following the advice given in this tutorial which able me to start SH4 upon completion with no problem.

Real life issues have slowed me down somewhat as I haven't been able to test drive this version. But, as time permits, I have tried to keep up by reading this thread.

And now my first report:
I'm on my second patrol in a porpoise class boat which left Pearl Harbor on 19Feb1942. My objective was to go to Area 6 and stand by for further orders. Upon arrival, I was informed to engage and destroy enemy shipping. After sinking a lone merchant close to the Objective Star, I decided to move to Bingo Suido to a possible richer hunting ground. After sinking two merchants, I saved the game.

Later when I started the saved game, the computer went as far as, 'No Mission Too Difficult' and froze. After waiting for five minutes, I tried to use the task manager to close the game. I had to restart the computer to get SH4 to close. When saving a game, I read on a post from Subsum that the older computers didn't work well with spaces in the file name. So when separating words, I use the '_' underscore, I think that is what it is called, to help with not having corrupt saves. This is an older program from the not so long ago, well for me. And I don't keep more than three saves in my save folder. I know, I'm probably just superstitious. I also try to wait for at least ten seconds after clicking on the 'save' before closing the dialog box. I just loaded up the save before and 'tested' the simulation again. No problems encountered.

There is one change I have made since running SH4 on this computer instead of my older computer. In the office, I click on the radio to change the graphics settings to 'high'. Everything looks great! I haven't noticed any blank gauges and everything seems to work well. But I will keep testing.

Larry
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 10:32 AM   #536
propbeanie

Just to let you guys know, I have found several RGG (Random Generated Groups) in a few of the Jap_HarborTraffic layers that are calls to AI submarines. These are calls from the Stock game that happen to still be in the mod, and while the calls were edited to pull the AI subs that keltos01 gave us for the mod, the numbers of vessels were not changed, such that the one call especially might ask for as many as 4 subs, but it is limited to 1 in the MaxUnits setting, which might cause issues for those folks running along the Hokkaido, Honshu, to Kyushu coast... in other words, from the southern Kuriles to Bungo Suido. The group doesn't run very often, but might contribute to the issue. There are also several groups that are not "Docked" properly, also leftover from the Stock days. Between the several issues found, that may contribute to the issues. We'll see what happens when I finish the edits. I still cannot replicate what you fellows have encountered, so it almost has to be several RGG that are the issue(s).

@ Fire: If you use the "Update Status" to fone home, so long as you have a few torpedoes left, the DynamicMiss file will keep assigning you missions, so long as there is one within "reach" of the assignment. We did shorten-up the distance from your location to most of the assignments, but you will still be taken outside the CenPac area if you get close to the SoWesPac (or SoPac) areas (and vice versa), as happened to you. The game cannot distinguish between CenPac, SoWesPac and SoPac (Brisbane) assignments.

Of course, it is your prerogative to either accept or decline the "orders", and you could always assume that anything given to you for over there (if sailing from Pearl or Midway) would be given at the request of the 7th Fleet. The "lines" were rather loose, and CenPac boats were regularly right off of, just east of the Luzon Straits. For a time, the Brisbane boats did off the eastern coast of Luzon, Samar & Mindanao, with Truk and Palau being "shared" assignments with boats going to / from Pearl for re-fits.

Thanks for the additional information fellows. We really appreciate you helping zero-in on the issues.

Old 03-05-20, 06:57 PM   #537
Sockola
Nub

Downloads: 16

Thank you very much for v1.004.a!

Right know I wonder whether to install this new version or finish my old career first, because a fresh install is recommended. Thats why it would be interesting to know if there were changes made with regards to the amount of juicy targets (large tankers, big freighters and task forces) or the cost of high value torpedos late in the war.
Sockola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 11:50 PM   #538
propbeanie

No, no additions like you ask. The two version are "mostly" compatible, but there are those pesky airplanes that are not, hence you have to start a new career. There are a few mission out of Brisbane and a couple out of Fremantle that might cause issues, but then there are a few issues with v1.004a also, so in that regard, they're about as wide as they are long. I would finish the career you are running now. For the most part, the torpedoes do not cost any less, but the Mark10 will be available part of the early war for the fleetboats, at a renown cost also. The S-Boats start with the 4" guns, and go to the 3" ones, giving their 4" guns to the fleetboats. Little things like that.

Old 03-06-20, 07:36 PM   #539
Kresner
Swabbie

Downloads: 147

Firstly, sorry for my english, is not my language.

-I report, the depth of torpedoes does not work properly, for example if I launch at a depth of 10m. to a ship with little draft, (destroyer) the torpedo still detonates in her hull.

-If I want to sink a battleship,(no Yamato) I always have to hit her with 8 torpedoes, I think it's a lot.

-I'm in my fourth patrol, April 13, 1942 with a new submarine USS Stingray, they moved my base from Surabaya to Fremantle and when I get to the base and press end of patrol the game crash, my previous patrols were normal.

Thanks for making FOTRS, new version.
Kresner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 07:46 PM   #540
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Just fired up the latest version of FOTRSU and I'm still not getting any "creaking" sounds. Thought I'd mention it. Thanks

Edit: it appears it may be boat specific. No creeks in the S boat but I did get creaks in a Tambor in the war patrol playing. For what it’s worth

Last edited by Dignan; 03-06-20 at 11:52 PM.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote