SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-10-15, 02:09 AM   #2791
YoYo
Ensign

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
Ups, 6 patrols costed me near a month . I skipped a tutorial for sure but didnt do this. Is there any way to start or continue Campaign from Happy Times (with progress and my ranks)?
Ok I used "silentotto" to start Happy times. Just pity that I loose all features & experience of my crew.

SH fan, btw. my U-boot Typ VII C41 Click!
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 06:26 AM   #2792
Lasicowaty
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default Has anything changed?

Hi to All

I am getting to to SH5 with WoS after a long long break. So could you tell if here I can find the latest version of WoS? Many changes have happend due my apsens?

Thanks and regards
Martin
Lasicowaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 06:36 AM   #2793
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Lasicowaty

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 10:00 AM   #2794
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

...and one more medium merchant...

In total, 2 new freighters and 1 tanker will enhance SH5/OHII campaign form next TWoS update .
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 10:27 AM   #2795
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Lasicowaty
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 01:34 PM   #2796
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
thanks for how to add crew tutorial gap!
My pleasure mate!
I probably wrote more than you needed...

Quote:
Yas , they are all from SH4...Never heard for uekel ship pack...
It is called Mehr Traffic, Nationen und Schiffe and it contains quite a big selection of ships imported from stock SHIV as well as from some popular mega-mods for SHIII and IV. Unfortunately the mod lacked the popularity it deserved due to the fact that for some reason it crashed the game if enabled in conjunction with TDW's UI. Perhaps both mods are too "heavy" to be handled by the game or, who knows, some other type of conflict.

Quote:
I could upload tomorrow for you 3 imported ships as a single mod together with original dds textures. Then you wont need to bother your self with SH4 installation? Is that OK?
Yep, but I don't get quite follow you. Didn't you say that you had a problem with textures?

Quote:
...and one more medium merchant...

In total, 2 new freighters and 1 tanker will enhance SH5/OHII campaign form next TWoS update .
If you like, you can add one more ship to your total: it is the Nippon ("Kawasaki") type fleet oiler which I imported looong ago from SHIV and never released. It was my hope porting her, together with other units, to the GR2 format, but as usual my projects take way too long. The ship could make a good replacement for British Wave-class replenishment oiler.
If you don't have objections we can add her to TWoS while we wait for a general revamp of the dat units imported so far in game.

Here's a screenshot of the imported unit (GR2 armaments rendered black in game, later replaced with dat ones):

More screenies to be found in this thread
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 03:27 PM   #2797
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

It is called Mehr Traffic, Nationen und Schiffe and it contains quite a big selection of ships imported from stock SHIV as well as from some popular mega-mods for SHIII and IV. Unfortunately the mod lacked the popularity it deserved due to the fact that for some reason it crashed the game if enabled in conjunction with TDW's UI. Perhaps both mods are too "heavy" to be handled by the game or, who knows, some other type of conflict.
Ouch..I'm aware of that mod and I'm not so impressed with it...The mod contains bunch of ugly looking ships with stock textures and it will largely destabilize even stock game, not to mention game stability with OHII and NewUIs on board, it's CTD fest. Some ships are even duplicated (like T3 tanker ) .

Quote:
Yep, but I don't get quite follow you. Didn't you say that you had a problem with textures?
Well, I'm satisfied with the look of two imported freighters but medium tanker looks kind a dull...I'll send you my work so you can revise it...

Quote:
If you like, you can add one more ship to your total: it is the Nippon ("Kawasaki") type fleet oiler which I imported looong ago from SHIV and never released. It was my hope porting her, together with other units, to the GR2 format, but as usual my projects take way too long. The ship could make a good replacement for British Wave-class replenishment oiler.
If you don't have objections we can add her to TWoS while we wait for a general revamp of the dat units imported so far in game.

Here's a screenshot of the imported unit (GR2 armaments rendered black in game, later replaced with dat ones):

More screenies to be found in this thread
Yes, I'm aware of that thread (of course) and I have always wondered why we can see SV and Uekel's imported ships in OHII but not your tanker which looks quite OK ?
If everything is OK with it we can add it, why not...Did you make all necessary changes in sim, val, zon, and dat files?

PS
Stand by for new ships upload...
Old 10-10-15, 03:40 PM   #2798
vdr1981
Navy Seal

OK, here is the link... http://www.mediafire.com/download/kr...+New+Ships.rar
Old 10-10-15, 05:25 PM   #2799
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Ouch..I'm aware of that mod and I'm not so impressed with it...The mod contains bunch of ugly looking ships with stock textures and it will largely destabilize even stock game, not to mention game stability with OHII and NewUIs on board, it's CTD fest. Some ships are even duplicated (like T3 tanker ) .
Yes indeed, MTNS isn't the most bug free mod, quite the opposite, but I guess converting all of the units it conatins within a reasonable time wasn't an easy task for one person

Quote:
Well, I'm satisfied with the look of two imported freighters but medium tanker looks kind a dull...I'll send you my work so you can revise it...
Which one? I have just downloaded your pack. The problem might be caused by a missing ambient occlusion map, wrong reflection map, or wrong material settings

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of that thread (of course) and I have always wondered why we can see SV and Uekel's imported ships in OHII but not your tanker which looks quite OK ?
When the dat unit conversion method was discovered, the focus was especially on small/medium size merchants, scarcely represented in stock game. The Japanese tanker was more a personal experiment than else.

Quote:
If everything is OK with it we can add it, why not...Did you make all necessary changes in sim, val, zon, and dat files?
I has been a long time since when I worked on that unit. I don't remember exactly which files I edited, but I think everything was okay. You can have a look by yourself:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3m...ppon_Tanker.7z

You can start playing with that model while I clear up the mod, delete unneded files, and optimize it for inclusion in TWoS
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 07:46 AM   #2800
Lasicowaty
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Default graphic card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Lasicowaty
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos

Hi

Thank to You all. I've installed my old sh5 with WoS and it;s working, ohhh it is so goood!

But there is one thing, mouse is "jumping", it is not fluent (sory for my english). I can play with that but it is annoying - especcially in critical battle moments when you have to hurry
I am afraid it is my graphic card. I have got Intel(R) HD Graphic - is it a little bit to small? Should I get a better card?

Thanks and regards
Martin
Lasicowaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 09:31 AM   #2801
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63

Welcome to SubSim Lasicowaty

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-15, 01:07 AM   #2802
battou
Swabbie

Downloads: 27

Installed twice by instruction. Both times getting some strange windows all over the place.((

battou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-15, 01:51 AM   #2803
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

battou! hang tough! good help to arrive shortly!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-15, 07:59 AM   #2804
battou
Swabbie

Downloads: 27

Please, can someone help me with that problem? Anyone else encountered it?
battou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-15, 10:45 AM   #2805
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi batttou

Did you upgrade your game to version 1.2?
Post #5 Just Finished Installing SH5 > Do This Now

Have you added any additional mods?

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote