SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-20, 04:58 PM   #14
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
what i described has happened...more than once. during a day attack as well as night attacks.

however, these occasions occurred during attacks on convoys/TF, not single ships. And...typically it is not the initial attack but a follow-up attack that draws the intense gunfire from being close aboard a ship that can fire weapons.

the FOTRSU warships are fierce, especially the DD/DE's. Once you are detected, if they are not firing their deck weapons, then they are launching frickn torpedoes at me. it is downright unhealthy for a Kaleun and his valiant crew. which is fine...okay...because we are making it frickn unhealthy for them also.

just saying.....don't go trying to set up a 600 yd shot on a major combatant in the middle of a TF line at any time of day or night.

Interesting! Definitely sounds realistically fun. Being an ex-TMO player who just recently started messing with FOTRSU, I've only had early war experiences so far and no convoys just yet in FOTRSU and due to various corruption issues, I've had to restart several times this week. Most of my action to date has been in the Inland Sea when FOTRSU gives me free reign to go where I want. Seems there are a lot of single targets there at war start. Large European Oilers (10000 ton) and last time I was in there 2 (count em) 2 Whale Factory Ships (17958 tons each). In early game, building renown, these are just the ticket for starting out.

AND... whoever put the large gun on a Jap tugboat needs to be shot. LOL Surfaced about 2 miles away from one of those with my backside 180 to him at Full/Flank speed and he was still shelling me out to 4 miles as I ducked up/down to periscope depth and continuously zigzagged. (I didn't trust him not to have depth charges also so I didn't want him to catch up to me by remaining at periscope depth).

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote