SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-13-12, 02:30 PM   #961
altoso99
Swabbie

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoso99 View Post
Hey still no answer to the lack of special missions and not getting new coning tower/paint through the war!! Any solution?

And now I have some problems with CTD, when I'm near or inside a harbor full of ships, when I go to deck/external view my I get CTD!!

Runing RFB2.0+patch+RSRDC for RFB+patch
Ok now are you ignoring me for being new and foreigner? Or am I the only one with these problems? Or are these problems known bugs that I don't know about because I didn't read some hidden readme? I read the RFB manual and I didn't find anything about my problems.

thanks
altoso99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 05:04 PM   #962
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Ok now are you ignoring me for being new and foreigner? Or am I the only one with these problems? Or are these problems known bugs that I don't know about because I didn't read some hidden readme? I read the RFB manual and I didn't find anything about my problems.
No need to be so sensitive

RFB is a great mod but work on it stopped long ago, and sadly there are not that many fleet boat fans around . And many of those play Trigger Maru, which is also a great mod.

What you report is something related to RSRD, as the campaign should assign you the special missions. But that will depend on boat/date/command you are operating for.

The boats that get most special missions are the Narwhal/Nautilus class, because they were actually so fat, slow and outdated, that they were soon relegated to those tasks. Get one of those in late 1942 or 1943, and you will almost only do special missions.

Good hunting
Old 02-13-12, 09:24 PM   #963
Capt. Morgan
Commander

Downloads: 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartzritter View Post
...I have also noticed that the Watch Crew has a nasty habit of not acknowledging contacts even when contacts are in physical rendering range. It is as if the script for the watch crew is hanging on something and when it "unhangs", every contact that should and can be reported is dumped into the buffer all at once, causing the CTD...
Just wondering if you have any kind of environmental mods installed overtop of RFB - anything that would change sensors or colours, or visibility range?

I'm thinking this is really more of a TMO 1.9 interior overhaul question so I'll ask it over there .

I'll try it out the 75 ship convoy tonight (if for no other reason than to see such a thing in SH4) but I suspect I that even if it CTD's. it won't be quite the same as your situation.

Capt. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-12, 03:03 AM   #964
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

All I have is Real Fleet Boat 2.0, the April 2010 patch, Strategic Map Symbols and TMO Plot Final (the RFB compatible version) None of these should effect the environment.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-12, 09:30 AM   #965
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

For those having CTD issues, what are your system specs, particularly your RAM. If you have at least 2gigs, may I suggest installing the 4gig patch which could be found in the D/L section. Actually a small utility and not really a patch, this enables programs (not only SH4) to use up to 4gigs of memory. I"m useing RFB + RSRD and was experiencing CTD's whenever I would encounter large task forces or convoys, or when nearing a busy port during TC. This utility solved all my troubles. I also use it for all my flight sims as well. If your system meets the requirements, give it a try.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-12, 01:39 PM   #966
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
For those having CTD issues, what are your system specs, particularly your RAM. If you have at least 2gigs, may I suggest installing the 4gig patch which could be found in the D/L section. Actually a small utility and not really a patch, this enables programs (not only SH4) to use up to 4gigs of memory. I"m useing RFB + RSRD and was experiencing CTD's whenever I would encounter large task forces or convoys, or when nearing a busy port during TC. This utility solved all my troubles. I also use it for all my flight sims as well. If your system meets the requirements, give it a try.
The utility says it is for XP. I run Windows 7 64-bit. I only ran into this issue a couple of times in stock with extreme time compression (>1024). I am almost certain that it is the way the mod alters visual contact ranges and how it handles sightings.
Old 02-15-12, 04:04 PM   #967
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

I have Windows 7 64bit as well. No probs here!
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 02:44 AM   #968
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
I have Windows 7 64bit as well. No probs here!
Error message "unknown version" popped up. Is there a known compatibility issue with the "U-Boat Mission" expansion or do I need to unload all of my mods, first?
Old 02-17-12, 08:51 AM   #969
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

I have win 7 64 bits. There is no known compatability issue, but it can be a bit finicky with certain games. You might try a total reinstal to see if that helps.

I restarted playing a few weeks back on a year old instal of RFB+RSRDC and was getting pretty constant CTDs whenever near enemy ships. After trying various tricks, I reinstalled SH4+UBM from scratch, installed TMO2.5+RSRDC and have not had one CTD in 5-6 hours of play.
Old 02-26-12, 10:52 PM   #970
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

I found the generic version in the SH5 mods thread and it appears to have done the trick.
Old 02-27-12, 04:22 PM   #971
Griffon_301
Swabbie

Downloads: 54

I just came back to SH after long years flying in Il2 and opted to go the RF way of modding; what can I say?
a big hearty thank you to all involved in creating this awesome mod!!!!

will post more once I have spent more time in the sim, it is far far better and more complex than the original Silent Hunter which I played till my eyes bled

once again, S! to all involved, see you in the pacific
Griffon_301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-12, 10:26 PM   #972
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

I have been playing this mod for a bit and I can say that the realism surrounding the Mark 14 Torpedo is certainly accurate and realistic. The torpedo is an unreliable piece of crap. Too bad I can't have the torpedomen "field mod" these things. Hats off to the RFB team for portraying this suck-tacular portion of military history well...too bad the fist imprint in my wall is disinclined to agree.

Last edited by Hinrich Schwab; 03-03-12 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-11-12, 01:25 PM   #973
Turtle
Nub

Downloads: 24
RFB v2.0 prereqs?

Thanks for all the work you guys do to keep things interesting.
Does 2.0 require RFB 1.5/1.52 to be installed first or is it all inclusive?
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 11:20 PM   #974
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

You don't need the 1.5. Just the 2.0 version and the patch after.

Happy Hunting!
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 02:26 PM   #975
RickC Sniper
Undetectable

Downloads: 132

The first download link from Subsim is about 370 MB in size.

The third download link is over 570 Mb.

Both say they are RFB 2.0

Why the huge difference in file size?

Support Subsim http://www.subsim.com/store.html
RickC Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote