SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-03-14, 11:53 AM   #196
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Anything to make a mod more user friendly goes a long way in bringing people to using it. Without mentioning any names, there are mods out there without enough information. It's like "here you go. figure it out yourself.", which leads to a million repetitive posts.

At the end of the day, it's up to you.

Cheers!
i am not sure what u mean here ...
if ppl use the chart like they are there is no problem with them, if they edit the UserChart file having no clue about what they do.... what can i make ?
and the chart mod is user friendly
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 02:56 PM   #197
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
i am not sure what u mean here ...
if ppl use the chart like they are there is no problem with them, if they edit the UserChart file having no clue about what they do.... what can i make ?
and the chart mod is user friendly
Hi Sjizzle,

You've quoted only a portion of what I said, which loses context without the whole text.

I had written:

Quote:

Sjizzle, maybe it would be a good idea to add that to your OP along with any little things people need to know, or you can cross reference TDW's thread where it says that (which I can't find, frankly). You can also add something along the lines that you just added the charts and that if anyone wants to know how to use them, they can search the forums. That should save you headaches.

On the other hand, you can post links to threads in your OP that refer to the tools you have in your mod, so that people can easily reference them, something like sober does in his mega mod thread. That should save you headaches too.

Anything to make a mod more user friendly goes a long way in bringing people to using it. Without mentioning any names, there are mods out there without enough information. It's like "here you go. figure it out yourself.", which leads to a million repetitive posts.

At the end of the day, it's up to you.

Cheers!
I'll try to clarify if I can. I was suggesting that because some people (including me now) aren't sure how some tools work, maybe it would be a good idea to add links to where the tools you included came from to make it easier for people to find out what the tools do and how to use them if it isn't easy for us to figure out. For me, some charts as they stand are obvious, such as the flags or Beaufort reference charts for example, but something like the gegnerfahrt speed assessment chart or the maneuvering and time boards tools are not. So technically, using them as they are is indeed not a problem for those who actually know what the tools do and how to use them, but is a problem for people like me or mainexpress, for example, who don't know how to use some of these tools. Adding links would definitely make things "more" user friendly, because people wouldn't need to do their own individual searches for things, sometimes being unsuccessful at finding them as I was in regards to the mouse scrolling that you said was in TDWs UI. Does that all make sense?

So with that in mind, IMO, there's always room for improvement.

TDW added these charts to UIs v740, but if it wasn't for you adding your charts mod, I wouldn't even have known that they existed and would have missed out on a great mod addition (thank you!). It looks like he provided the charts addition to have room for easy modification or for the addition of our own charts, as you had done. Most people should have no problems editing a chart file to move things around or to add things, since it's pretty straight forward, especially if they use the existing chart info within the files as reference. And if they still don't have a clue, it's easy for someone else to explain it to them if they need that help.

In your OP, you wrote "if u have any questions feel free to ask". I'm only asking as others have, and trying to help improve things through providing suggestions as well. I hope you don't feel that I'm stepping on your toes. If you do, I apologize.

Have a good one
Old 06-03-14, 04:14 PM   #198
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Hi Sjizzle,

You've quoted only a portion of what I said, which loses context without the whole text.

I had written:

I'll try to clarify if I can. I was suggesting that because some people (including me now) aren't sure how some tools work, maybe it would be a good idea to add links to where the tools you included came from to make it easier for people to find out what the tools do and how to use them if it isn't easy for us to figure out. For me, some charts as they stand are obvious, such as the flags or Beaufort reference charts for example, but something like the gegnerfahrt speed assessment chart or the maneuvering and time boards tools are not. So technically, using them as they are is indeed not a problem for those who actually know what the tools do and how to use them, but is a problem for people like me or mainexpress, for example, who don't know how to use some of these tools. Adding links would definitely make things "more" user friendly, because people wouldn't need to do their own individual searches for things, sometimes being unsuccessful at finding them as I was in regards to the mouse scrolling that you said was in TDWs UI. Does that all make sense?

So with that in mind, IMO, there's always room for improvement.

TDW added these charts to UIs v740, but if it wasn't for you adding your charts mod, I wouldn't even have known that they existed and would have missed out on a great mod addition (thank you!). It looks like he provided the charts addition to have room for easy modification or for the addition of our own charts, as you had done. Most people should have no problems editing a chart file to move things around or to add things, since it's pretty straight forward, especially if they use the existing chart info within the files as reference. And if they still don't have a clue, it's easy for someone else to explain it to them if they need that help.

In your OP, you wrote "if u have any questions feel free to ask". I'm only asking as others have, and trying to help improve things through providing suggestions as well. I hope you don't feel that I'm stepping on your toes. If you do, I apologize.

Have a good one
np m8 i help all of them ( with what i can ) RL is damn busy now for me .. and about the charts i have somewhere on my computer a description about each one and how to use it ... need to look where are they and tbh i forgot about that too ...

PS. sorry for quote i misread it i was damn sleep didn't sleep like 35 hours
Old 06-03-14, 04:31 PM   #199
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Sounds good Sjizzle!

As for not sleeping .. !

I remember a post once in this thread or another where you also said you hadn't slept in a long time. Get some sleep or you'll be of no use to anyone, especially yourself!

Old 01-24-15, 03:09 AM   #200
vladimir bondarenko
Sailor man

Downloads: 300

Captains, prompt please. For localization of these spendthrifts it is necessary to translate into other language, what files?
vladimir bondarenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-15, 04:28 PM   #201
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

new charts are available
Sjizzle's Charts for NewUI's part 5_23.05.2015
Category Maps
Triangel
Category Target Data Assessment Charts
torpedo triangle
Hunting Approach
Attack
Attack Disk AoB cal.
Attack Disk course cal.
Attack Disk Multiplication
Attack Disk speed cal.
Category Weather Charts
clouds
Category Other Charts and Tables
Gross Registered Tonnes
hydrophone instructions

For download Link See Post #1

Old 05-24-15, 01:01 AM   #202
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
Icon9 Speed Conversion Charts missing!

Hello Sjizzle, I installed your latest charts mod, Sjizzle's Charts for NewUI's part 5_23.05.2015 on top of TWoS with JSGME and found the Speed Conversion Charts missing.

I just pasted the entries from UserChart_Speed_conversions.TDW to the end of your UserChart_Sjizzle part 5.TDW as per the orange entries and now the Speed Conversion Charts are back.

Not sure why this happened but I thought I would let you know. Fantastic addition to the user charts by the way so Thank you for your work!

Quote:
UserChart_Sjizzle part 5.TDW

; Edited by TheDarkWraith for NewUIs_TDC_7_4_0
; Edited on 5/19/2013 @ 1730
;
; User Charts
;
; you are free to create your own UserChart files. The only stipulations are:
; - filename MUST start with UserChart
; - file's extension must be .TDW
;
; Category= the category where the chart will fall under (can be anything!) - if left blank will default to Default category
; Name= specifies the name to be shown in the charts listbox
; Filename= name of the DDS file of the chart (including .dds extension!) - user charts can ONLY be DDS files!
; Size= if you specify -1 then the DLL will get the size needed (width and/or height) from the image itself else you can specify custom size for the chart (image)
; Position= specifies the position on screen relative to upper left corner of game screen
; Draggable= valid values are 1 (yes) or 0 (no). If a 1 then you will be able to drag the chart anywhere on screen
; ToolTip= the tooltip displayed when the mouse is placed over the visible chart (image)
; max number of charts that can be defined is 20. Anything after 20 will be ignored!
; [ENDCHART] must be the last line in the file!

[Chart]
Category=Plotting Tools
Name=Triangle
Filename=Triangle.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Triangle

[Chart]
Category=Target Data Assessment Charts
Name=torpedo triangle
Filename=torpedo_triangle.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=torpedo triangle

[Chart]
Name=Hunting Approach
Filename=Approach.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Hunting Approach

[Chart]
Name=Attack
Filename=Attack.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Attack Chart

[Chart]
Name=Attack Disk AoB cal.
Filename=Attack Disk AOB.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Attack Disk AoB cal.

[Chart]
Name=Attack Disk curs cal.
Filename=Attack disk curs.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Attack Disk curs cal.

[Chart]
Name=Attack Disk Multiplication
Filename=Attack Disk Multiplication.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Attack Disk Multiplication

[Chart]
Name=Attack Disk speed cal.
Filename=Attack disk speed.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Attack Disk speed cal.

[Chart]
Category=Weather Charts
Name=clouds
Filename=clouds.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=clouds

[Chart]
Category=Other Charts and Tables
Name=grt
Filename=grt.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=Gross Registered Tonnes

[Chart]
Category=Other Charts and Tables
Name=hydrophone instructions
Filename=hydrophone.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=20,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=hydrophone instructions

[Chart]
Category=Speed conversions
Name=Knots in meters per minute
Filename=TabelleMin_English.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=40,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=conversion chart for knots in meters per minute
Sizeable=0

[Chart]
Category=Speed conversions
Name=Knots in kilometers per hour
Filename=TabelleStd_English.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=60,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=conversion chart for knots in kilometers per hour
Sizeable=0

[ENDCHART]

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 01:17 AM   #203
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
Hello Sjizzle, I installed your latest charts mod, Sjizzle's Charts for NewUI's part 5_23.05.2015 on top of TWoS with JSGME and found the Speed Conversion Charts missing.

I just pasted the entries from UserChart_Speed_conversions.TDW to the end of your UserChart_Sjizzle part 5.TDW as per the orange entries and now the Speed Conversion Charts are back.

Not sure why this happened but I thought I would let you know. Fantastic addition to the user charts by the way so Thank you for your work!
Edit:

Who use WoS mega mod made by vdr1981 need to remove the UserChart_Sjizzle part_3.TDW from WoS > data > Usercharts and from the Silent Hunter 5 main folder data > Usercharts UserChart_Shipping.TDW, UserChart_Sjizzle part_3.TDW
Who use Sober mod list then delete only UserChart_Shipping.TDW, from Silent Hunter 5 main folder data > Usercharts and from NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith > data > user chats

Last edited by Sjizzle; 05-24-15 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-24-15, 01:37 AM   #204
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Quote:
in WoS u have also enable the ship poster charts and with that charts are more 50 that's why....
so better to remove all ship poster charts from the mode or more simple delete from WoS/data/UserCHarts the UserChart_Sjizzle part_3.TDW and reload the mod in JSGME and also from the silen hunter 5 main folder data/UserCharts too
I thought it was probably due to the number of user charts exceeding 50. I'll delete part 3 and put part 5 back to it's original config so that I don't cause myself a headache when Vdr decides to update TWoS.

Old 05-24-15, 01:42 AM   #205
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
I thought it was probably due to the number of user charts exceeding 50. I'll delete part 3 and put part 5 back to it's original config so that I don't cause myself a headache when Vdr decides to update TWoS.
i forgot to say there another .tdw file which on need to be deleted now i have edited also post #1 and the post abowe
Old 05-24-15, 04:03 AM   #206
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Quote:
i forgot to say there another .tdw file which on need to be deleted now i have edited also post #1 and the post abowe
Thanks for that.....I'll remove the UserChart_Shipping.TDW as well because there were still 50 charts and the Light and Dark Grid map overlay was still missing. Should all be Honky Dory now!!

EDIT: I thought that the Shipping charts were duplicated but unfortunately they aren't. I'll have to remove something else and reinstall UserChart_Shipping.TDW because I use the coloured Shipping chart quite often to check the shipping lanes and air coverage areas. Maybe the Timepiece board because I have no idea what it's for or how to use it.

EDIT AGAIN: You have to remove another two additional user charts to keep the Shipping charts if you want them.

Last edited by kevinsue; 05-24-15 at 05:02 AM.
Old 05-24-15, 09:10 AM   #207
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Thanks for that.....I'll remove the UserChart_Shipping.TDW as well because there were still 50 charts and the Light and Dark Grid map overlay was still missing. Should all be Honky Dory now!!

EDIT: I thought that the Shipping charts were duplicated but unfortunately they aren't. I'll have to remove something else and reinstall UserChart_Shipping.TDW because I use the coloured Shipping chart quite often to check the shipping lanes and air coverage areas. Maybe the Timepiece board because I have no idea what it's for or how to use it.

EDIT AGAIN: You have to remove another two additional user charts to keep the Shipping charts if you want them.
the limits are 50 i can not increase that amount maybe 1 day tdw will increase it to 100 then no more problem ...i personaly use 1,4,5, and the MarineQuadrat...
Old 06-07-15, 08:05 AM   #208
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
the limits are 50 i can not increase that amount maybe 1 day tdw will increase it to 100 then no more problem ...i personaly use 1,4,5, and the MarineQuadrat...
Hey Shizzle !
Can you merge some smaller ship recognition charts in 1 so we could add more of yours chart parts together? What do you say?
It could look something like this...

vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-15, 02:23 PM   #209
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Hey Shizzle !
Can you merge some smaller ship recognition charts in 1 so we could add more of yours chart parts together? What do you say?
It could look something like this...

i will merge them tomorrow cos i have a day off from work and i 250 more charts and idk how to marge them to put them all in game but i will see tomorrow
Old 06-07-15, 02:25 PM   #210
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
i will merge them tomorrow cos i have a day off from work and i 250 more charts and idk how to marge them to put them all in game but i will see tomorrow
No problems, I've already done something with few ship recognition charts, I'll send it to you if you like...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote