SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-17, 07:25 AM   #1
USSCheyenne
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default Impossible campaign missions.

I really like the game, spent almost 50h in it but it needs some changes in assigning campaign missions.

Numerous times I was given a mission that was impossible to fulfil due to distance and time needed for rearmament. For instance i was told to get back and rearm and then prevent a spetznaz assault. Obviously there was not enough time and the mission was a failure. I saw the sub i had to sink but i just left the port after rearming.

In other case, after doing some TLAM or SEAL far in the east, i have to go back and rearm only to be given sub hunt mission, far in the east again. Not enough time to fulfil it.

I really don't like to see that a succes or a failure has instant effect. The news shouldn't appear right after the mission.

All of it feels like i'am the only one fighting in this war.
USSCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 12:32 PM   #2
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSCheyenne View Post
I really like the game, spent almost 50h in it but it needs some changes in assigning campaign missions.

Numerous times I was given a mission that was impossible to fulfil due to distance and time needed for rearmament. For instance i was told to get back and rearm and then prevent a spetznaz assault. Obviously there was not enough time and the mission was a failure. I saw the sub i had to sink but i just left the port after rearming.

In other case, after doing some TLAM or SEAL far in the east, i have to go back and rearm only to be given sub hunt mission, far in the east again. Not enough time to fulfil it.

I really don't like to see that a succes or a failure has instant effect. The news shouldn't appear right after the mission.

All of it feels like i'am the only one fighting in this war.
I thought the devs have already added in a mission telling you to return to port and rearm after the SEAL insertion mission. Were you also repairing damage while in port? Bringing home a damaged sub will add a lot to your turnaround time.

The News report are not for you (the sub commander) it's more a interlude to show what's happening in the outside world and delaying it may cause confusion to new players as it won't sync with their own action.

But. Yes, at times it feels like it's you against the world but the campaign here is basically just like the original RSR campaign with some addition/variation. If it ever get expended or if we get a soviet campaign. I would like to see allies on the strategic map and maybe have them do some simplified combat to show that there's more stuff going on.
Wiz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 02:11 PM   #3
USSCheyenne
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
I thought the devs have already added in a mission telling you to return to port and rearm after the SEAL insertion mission. Were you also repairing damage while in port? Bringing home a damaged sub will add a lot to your turnaround time.
No damage repairs, just loading torps and harpoons so as quick as it can get. I had a mission to go back but still there was not enough time to do another mission. It was a spetsnaz assault so i knew exactly where to swim. Red was faster though.
USSCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 02:57 PM   #4
Shadow
Torpedoman

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 2

I believe the solution to this situation would be to have the rearm/repair mission be accomplished only when you leave Holy Loch, not when you enter.

It'd make more sense.

Last edited by Shadow; 07-13-17 at 03:12 PM.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote