SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-21, 05:44 PM   #2536
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Saved game and plan to head to Inland Sea N of Bungo Suido to test if local traffic is affected.
Datapoint: Traffic was normal all the way into and including the Inland Sea, though air contacts were mercifully lower than usual. Game CTDed eventually: ran in submerged to Bepu, sank a FHF, and headed for Oite with seven or so sonar contacts behind and probably that many ahead. With TC at 120-160, the game froze and CTDed.

LAA is enabled AFAIK.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 06:35 PM   #2537
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

@ Front Runner and MM, that is almost definitely a bad mission in the assignment... Even though you both have a Sargo, and a bad boat change can do the same thing, there aren't any boat changes yet... so now to find the mission...

@ Mios 4Me - we have definitely ID'd the culprits involved in your Truk encounters, we are not certain of the cause, but we have a possibility, but which is a bit difficult to comprehend. Further testing is required. To check your LAA, just load the SH4.exe into the app again, and with LAA, just see if it has a checkmark, or says "True". With NTCore, you just try again. I think NTCore will flag an error if the SH4.exe is write protected, while LAA will not, and only look like it did fine. As for the crash in the Inland Sea, where were you, maybe halfway to Oite?? A third of the way? What was the date and time? Thanks.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 07:04 PM   #2538
Paladin132
Sailor man

Downloads: 61

there is a new (not implemented) page; <PageChooseLoadSave> !

Not sure what this is but when I attempted an install it stops during loading on the splash screen and gives me this as a popup.

I looked and couldn't find the save folder. Not sure if that is connected or not, but it is most certainly not in saved files under my user name. Not sure why... Not sure how to find it either.

Last edited by Paladin132; 01-10-21 at 09:00 PM.
Paladin132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 07:24 PM   #2539
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Default Stop the scroll in FOTRSU

is there an authorized mod for Stop the Screen Scroll for Ultimate?

i have checked all of the extra documentation folders and did not see anything so if i missed it, my apologies.

if it was not documented can you tell what value to change ParentID to in Menu.ini?

[G26 I9]
Name=Bottom
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x26130003
ParentID=0x26130000

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 07:36 PM   #2540
Paladin132
Sailor man

Downloads: 61

Name=Page shell
Type=1027;Menu page
ItemID=0x1000000
ParentID=0x0

Wait you weren't asking me I don't think. Might disregard my answer.
Paladin132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 08:31 PM   #2541
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
@ Front Runner and MM, that is almost definitely a bad mission in the assignment... Even though you both have a Sargo, and a bad boat change can do the same thing, there aren't any boat changes yet... so now to find the mission...
Can affirm, that in NO way, did I make any changes to the boat... the only changing about that I did do, was with the crew..

Searching through the on boat roster & finagling the highest rated ones on 'Gun', into the damage control party section... the lower rated ones for that spec, I shifted to replace the higher raters... that was it.

As for equip on the boat, I left it just as it was...

Oh... ne'er mind... *low whistles as I stroll back to My dinner...*

M. M.

Old 01-10-21, 10:25 PM   #2542
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

Quote:
@ Mios 4Me - we have definitely ID'd the culprits involved in your Truk encounters, we are not certain of the cause, but we have a possibility, but which is a bit difficult to comprehend. Further testing is required. To check your LAA, just load the SH4.exe into the app again, and with LAA, just see if it has a checkmark, or says "True". With NTCore, you just try again. I think NTCore will flag an error if the SH4.exe is write protected, while LAA will not, and only look like it did fine. As for the crash in the Inland Sea, where were you, maybe halfway to Oite?? A third of the way? What was the date and time? Thanks.
LAA was/is active.

Inland Sea, 2/3s of the way to Oite from Bepu, shortly after dawn (1030ish Midway time) on approximately 12/23/42 +/- one day.

I started another expedition to the Inland Sea from Truk:

Items of note:
1 - after departing the stationary sub and freighters just W of Truk, the sub apparently resumed progress W as indicated by two subsequent Magic reports.
2 - at Bepu on 12/23/42 there was a burning Large Tanker in one of the pier berths. The bow was well clear of the water; the stern submerged. Crew were still aboard; the song of the sea was playing; and it was not a valid target.

Hope some of this is of use.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 01:39 AM   #2543
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post

Not sure what this is but when I attempted an install it stops during loading on the splash screen and gives me this as a popup.

I looked and couldn't find the save folder. Not sure if that is connected or not, but it is most certainly not in saved files under my user name. Not sure why... Not sure how to find it either.
I am not following your report... are you getting that when installing SH4, or when activating FotRSU? Where do you have SH4 installed, and what version is it? FotRSU only run on a v1.5 with the U-Boat Missions Add-On, or the "Gold Edition". Usually, you would also get an error about the black80.tga file. You do also have to delete the game's Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) contents so that FotRSU activates fully. Can you clarify what you are doing though please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post

i have checked all of the extra documentation folders and did not see anything so if i missed it, my apologies.

if it was not documented can you tell what value to change ParentID to in Menu.ini?

[G26 I9]
Name=Bottom
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x26130003
ParentID=0x26130000
Currently, the only "authorized" add-in mod is Nippon Maru. Some of the mods from the previous v1.2x Add-In Mods folder probably work, but we have not double-checked them, and won't until the next release. It is recommended to not use any additional mods, other than Nippon Maru, of which we know its internals. The others, we do not. You are probably safe to use bigger protractors, but the menu_1024_768.ini files will have to be changed. I'm not sure about the "duds" modlets, but they might be OK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
LAA was/is active.

Inland Sea, 2/3s of the way to Oite from Bepu, shortly after dawn (1030ish Midway time) on approximately 12/23/42 +/- one day.

I started another expedition to the Inland Sea from Truk:

Items of note:
1 - after departing the stationary sub and freighters just W of Truk, the sub apparently resumed progress W as indicated by two subsequent Magic reports.
2 - at Bepu on 12/23/42 there was a burning Large Tanker in one of the pier berths. The bow was well clear of the water; the stern submerged. Crew were still aboard; the song of the sea was playing; and it was not a valid target.

Hope some of this is of use.
Any additional detail helps. We'll look for the Inland Sea stuff. As for the sub "moving", those reports were probably just additional subs entering the game. The ships you are seeing stationary just outside of Truk are apparently being "bumped" out of the Truk Lagoon by another group, but we're still trying to get to the root of the issue and understand it. These ships are set to "DockedShip=true", with a zero speed setting, and should not be able to get that far without "help". Ships drifting, as you saw one into a dock, is expected, especially when the wind blows. But for them to end up 10nm from where they were parked? Something "forced" them out there. The difference between spawn range and render range also plays a part in this...

Old 01-11-21, 10:37 AM   #2544
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post

Quote:
I am not following your report... are you getting that when installing SH4, or when activating FotRSU? Where do you have SH4 installed, and what version is it? FotRSU only run on a v1.5 with the U-Boat Missions Add-On, or the "Gold Edition". Usually, you would also get an error about the black80.tga file. You do also have to delete the game's Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) contents so that FotRSU activates fully. Can you clarify what you are doing though please?
Ahoy, propbeanie...

Our dear friend mr. paladin there... neglected to add into their post (either here or there if not both..), that they had already posted that dilemma, in a separate posting... found here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=248034

where, they got told by KaleunMarco, already... that they failed to delete the game save folder before running it...

+1 KaleunMarco...

mr paladin... if ya gonna run more than 1 copy of SH4 modded... ya need to ensure that you ARE using multiSH4... this will keep the game saves for each iteration of SH4, separate... this can NOT be stressed strongly enough, sir...

Hope this info helps mr. paladin...

M. M.

post edit...

Corrected... welcome back to the land of the living, paladin...

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 01-11-21 at 01:09 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 12:22 PM   #2545
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
... Our dead friend ...
uhhh... recently departed (dearly), or a "ghost" poster (ala the FD)?... lol

sorry, can't pass up a good typo...

Old 01-11-21, 01:07 PM   #2546
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
uhhh... recently departed (dearly), or a "ghost" poster (ala the FD)?... lol

sorry, can't pass up a good typo...
Crap... missed that bloody typo... Ugh...

M. M.

Old 01-11-21, 03:58 PM   #2547
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: Speed... or lack, thereof....

ahoy,

Got a weird question to ask...

In game, the base portion SH4 or the mod itself... is wave action/currents, modeled in them.?

Reason I ask, is... noted that for some reason, I came to a dead stop it seemed like.. like the sub got dropped to its knees, is a sub had knees that is...

When I checked by using the side view options (, & .) & the free cam (F12) view... sub was like.. not moving, yet the props were going as they should... but... NO forward movement, . Had the telegraph set to 1/3 ahead... by either selecting the secondary view of the telegraph section from the 1/3-2/3, etc. view to seeing the numbered knots speed section, & clicking on the 3 knots, I could get the sub moving once more.. there was a time or 2, that even doing that, did NOT work, I'd have to slam the telegraph from 1/3 ahead, to 2/3's ahead, let it ramp up to like... 5.. 6 knots, then push it back into 1/3 ahead.

This occurred like... 3-5 times, as I recall.

Sea conditions that I noted during those times of this happening, were choppy, but not serious swells, in game...

Just wanted to ask, as I'm not completely sure that it's a bug... but.. ya never know...

M. M.

Old 01-11-21, 06:56 PM   #2548
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Crap... missed that bloody typo... Ugh...

M. M.

double crap...i sent flowers to his widow.

LAA enabled
Old 01-12-21, 01:05 PM   #2549
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post

[G26 I9]
Name=Bottom
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x26130003
ParentID=0x26130000
Nevermind....i quoted the wrong section.
should have quoted this section:
[G31 I56]
Name=Scroll bottom
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x31000004
ParentID=0x3F000000

the normal scroll fix will work.
My apologies.

LAA enabled
Old 01-13-21, 06:36 PM   #2550
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default Completed Objectives or....not

something curious happened on my third patrol but i did not produce evidence.
it happened again but i only have partial evidence.
i completed my fourth mission with all Objectives completed successfully.

when the Patrol End screen appeared, it showed one Objective as Not Completed but there was no text associated with that Objective. i performed a Ctrl+F11 in order to capture that Patrol Ending screen with the Not Completed objective however i found out just a bit later that that key sequence will not work at Patrol End.

is this disparity (the objective not the print screen) a Known Unexpected Feature or a New one?

LAA enabled

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 01-14-21 at 10:29 AM.