SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-22-20, 05:49 PM   #151
PirateKaluen
Swabbie

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 0
Default Trouble with the Instillation

so when i get the the "preparing supplement mod" part of the installation it says "Extract the Supplement to V16 Mod archive" i have no idea what your talking about, and then can you help me figure out what they say after that please, its "Put the patched sh3.exe into that mod (into the same folder where the 4 DLLs are
located)." i also don't know what they mean there. anyway thanks and please help.
PirateKaluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 01:04 AM   #152
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360

I think you might want the Realism and Gameplay-related hardcode fixes for SH3.EXE, H.sie V16B1 thread and not the ARB WideGUI thread.
Doolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 10:26 AM   #153
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotagt86 View Post
Hi captains
I have tried this mod, it is a great Gui mod but I have some questions everynight in the game, the graduation marks on the Periscope never turn green,they remain black ,only the cross hair line in the center position turns green.Is this normal??
thanks a lot.
I have the same problem

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 10:42 AM   #154
killerjoker88
Nub

Downloads: 52
Default English and German patch ?

Is there a link to the English or German patch I cant find it anywhere

Run Silent, Run Deep
killerjoker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 11:02 AM   #155
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

killerjoker88! after a five year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 11:04 AM   #156
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default welcome aboard!

PirateKaluen!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 01-30-20, 05:42 PM   #157
4H_Ccrashh
Helmsman

Downloads: 469
Default STEP by STEP guide to make ARB WideGui 1920x1080 work in the STEAM version of SH3

I've been out of the loop for years and came back two weeks ago when I saw a video on Youtube of a guy attacking a convoy in SH3. It blew me away the improved graphics and widescreen.

I dug out my old SH3 game and installed it only to have my Windows 7 tell me it cannot run the game. We've all seen the error, about how the game only works in XP etc etc...

I poured through forums and despite my many tries I could not get the game to load. Fortunately for me there was STEAM and $3.95 later I was ready.

Of course when I started the game I got the "Cannot Initialize 3D".

I remembered long ago that I had to drop my desktop resolution and the game would start. This I did, The max resolution I can get and still have the game start is 1600 x 900.

So, 1st hurdle down, the game was running.

With the widescreen monitor it looked squashed. I could adjust the monitor and set my display to 4:3 but I HAD to have that pretty widescreen.

I am a reasonably intelligent, bi-pedal, carbon based unit with opposing thumbs so I thought "How hard can this be?"

I downloaded ARB WideGui 1920x1080 with associated files (I thought) and I did get the game to look great but my navigational map was messed up. I had two maps side by side and neither was accurate.

I held my nose and dove back in the forums and tried everything I could find.
Talk about confusing.

I was searching through threads that were many years old.
Threads with links to other posts,, what this guy tried and that guy tried and where this file was needed but the other guy said he got it to work by doing this or that with a link to yet another forum thread with links to even more files. Many of the links to get files to "fix" the problem were no longer valid.
If I had a dollar for every Error #404 "file not found" I'd have enough money to hire some dude from the Best Buy's "Geek Squad" to fix problem.

I was ready to go all "Elvis Presley" on my computer. (Elvis Presley, an American Rock and Roll singer from back in the 1950's who shot his TV, am I dating myself? )

It took a few days and lots of beer (for nerves)but FINALLY, it was working.
Problem is, when I was done I had been through so many forums, been on many tangents that I could not for the life of me remember how I got where I was with a working game. If my computer were to crash and I wanted to set up SH3 I'd be up the proverbial effluent estuary without a means of locomotion. I needed to duplicate my success and write it all down.

There was no easy VERY BASIC step by step guide. so I thought I'd write one.

So here we go.

FOUR THINGS FIRST....
ONE: My rig is an Intel i7 4790K, 4.00 GHz processor with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit running 16 Gig of RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti video with a Sound Blaster Z card.

TWO: This will ONLY work with a clean fresh version of the STEAM installed Silent Hunter 3.

C: PLEASE take your time and follow each step VERY carefully. Don't try to jump ahead.

And SIX: We have some downloading to do. I have made sure that the files you are going to download are the ones that will WORK. Please do not think that you already have that file in your library and skip over. I can't tell you the nightmare that was finding a TychoSh3patch, and when I did that link all of a sudden died so I uploaded the one I have THAT WORKS on Mediafire.

EDIT: If at some point some of these links don't work send me a PM and I will upload the files I downloaded from these links to MediaFire. All of the links works as of the date of this post.

You need five things to make this work.

Six, if you want to use Grey Wolves. (optional NOT REQUIRED)

We are going to need a way to keep all of this organized so first things first.

Create a folder on your desktop called TOOLS to put the following files in so they are easy to find later.

1. The HSIE Patch: https://www.sendspace.com/file/57cxse
The file you want is called "V16B1-Patch-installed.7z"
I know ,, I know.... Every thread I found referred to the patch as the HSIE patch. That caused a lot of confusion. Want to spend an hour or two with your eyeballs melting in your sockets? Do a Google search for the HSIE patch. You will never see "V16B1" anywhere....
FUN!!!!
It is the file you want. Trust me, I mean,, hey,,, would I lie to you?

2. The 4GB patch that lets SH3 access more of your computers' memory.
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/...GB-Patch.shtml

3. ARB WideGui 1920X1080
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=232178
make sure to get both files, the 3.0 and the 3.1 Hotfix

4. Tycho Sh3 Patch
Now I know there are a lot of links for this file. None of them worked. THIS ONE DOES!!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rjr3cr...%2529.rar/file

5. JSGME MOD Loader
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Others...-Enabler.shtml

6. OPTIONAL Download Grey Wolves Gold : http://www.thegreywolves.com/

Ok we now have everything we need, ,, except more beer.

So here we go ,, Buckle up and lets "kick this pig"

STEP ONE : Pry open your wallet and spend the $3.95 to purchase and then install Silent Hunter 3 from Steam.

STEP TWO: Go into your Steam Silent Hunter 3 game folder, and copy SH3.exe (application file) to a safe place on your desktop. This is a precaution to save a lot of time if you make a mistake.

You can find it here..
(DRIVE WHATEVER you installed steam into):\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3\

STEP THREE: Adjust your windows desktop resolution to 1600x900 (or lower) so the game will start.

Test your game by starting it to make sure it runs. If it does (and it will) shut down the game and you can return your desktop resolution back to its normal setting.

STEP FOUR: Create a folder on your desktop called WORKING.

STEP FIVE: READ ALL OF STEP 5 BEFORE CLICKING ANYTHING!!!
In your TOOLS folder that you created extract the files from "V16B1-Patch-installed" into your "WORKING" folder. This will create a folder in "WORKING" called "V16B1-Patch-installed".

Go into that folder and CUT and PASTE all of the files (including the "tool" folder) into the Silent Hunter 3 game folder in STEAM..... BUT WAIT!!!!

THERE IS A TRAP!!!!!

When you paste / copy them to the SH3 game folder a window will pop up asking you if you want to "Copy and Replace" the SH3.exe.

DO NOT REPLACE THE FILE. Got that? DO NOT REPLACE THE SH3.exe file.

If you do the patch will not work.

If for some reason you did not read all of STEP 5 before clicking and did replace the SH3.exe don't worry.. Just copy and paste the SH3.exe file that you saved in STEP TWO above and do STEP FIVE again.

If you did not do STEP TWO then uninstall Silent Hunter 3 from your STEAM be sure the folder is deleted and install from STEAM again and start over.

STEP SIX: Go into your Steam Silent Hunter 3 game folder and look for a file called PATCH_SH3.

Double Click on it, A DOS window will open asking you to press any key. Do this a couple of times and the patch will make adjustments to your Steam SH3.EXE file.

STEP SEVEN: You can delete (if any) the files in the WORKING folder.

STEP EIGHT: In your "TOOLS" folder extract the file 4gb_patch " into your "WORKING" folder.

Go into your "WORKING" folder CUT and PASTE the file " 4gb_patch " to your STEAM Silent Hunter 3 Folder.

STEP NINE: Go into your Silent Hunter 3 folder and double-click on the 4gb_patch. It will open a window listing all of the files in your game directory. Look for the SH3 application its a RED icon called SH3 and click on it one time to highlight it, then click "open" in the bottom right of the window. A new window will pop up saying "Executable successfully patched". Click "OK".

STEP TEN: Delete any files in the "WORKING" Folder. (There should not be any if you CUT and PASTED.)

STEP ELEVEN: In your "TOOLS" folder extract the file " Tychos Patch (that works)" to your "WORKING" folder. CUT and PASTE the five files in the "WORKING" to your Silent Hunter 3 game.

STEP TWELVE: Go into your Silent Hunter 3 game folder and look for a batch file called "Tychosh3patch"

There are two files with the same name. You want the batch file that has little gears in the icon.

Double click.. A DOS window opens , "Press any key to continue..."
The window goes away.

STEP THIRTEEN: Delete all the files in your "WORKING FOLDER" (should be empty if you CUT and PASTED)

STEP FOURTEEN: In your "TOOLS" folder extract the file from " jsgme_2.6.0" into your "WORKING" folder.

STEP FIFTEEN: In your "WORKING" folder run the program "jsgme_setup". The install program will ask you to select a destination folder. Click browse and direct the program to your Silent Hunter 3 folder in STEAM.

(DRIVE WHATEVER you installed steam into):\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3\
Make sure to check the box to create a Desktop Icon

STEP SIXTEEN: Delete the files in your "WORKING" folder.

STEP SEVENTEEN: In your "TOOLS" folder extract the file ARB WideGui 1920x1080 v0.3 into your "WORKING" folder.

STEP EIGHTEEN: In your "WORKING" folder cut and paste the folder "ARB WideGui 1920x1080" and put it in the 'MODS" folder found inside the "Silent Hunter 3" game folder.

STEP NINETEEN: Delete all of the files in your "WORKING" folder you don't need them unless you want to apply some of the other options. But they are not needed to get the game to run in widescreen.

I don't know if you noticed but there was a folder called " TychoSh3Patch_v3", you don't need it. The one you already installed in STEP TWELVE works. The one you just deleted does not. Go figure....

STEP TWENTY: In your "WORKING" folder create a folder called "ARB WideGui Fix"

STEP TWENTY-ONE: Go into your "TOOLS" folder and extract the file " ARB WideGui 1920x1080 v0.3.1" into the folder you just created in your "WORKING" folder called " ARB WideGui Fix".

After you put the files in " ARB WideGui Fix " go in that folder and delete the "changes" and "how to install" text files.

STEP TWENTY-TWO: In your "WORKING" folder CUT and PASTE the folder "ARB WideGui Fix" to the "MODS" folder in Silent Hunter 3.

STEP TWENTY-THREE: On your Desktop you should have an Icon to starts the JSGME Mod loader program.
It looks like a big yellow "G".

Run that program. A window will pop up. showing the name of you MODS folder. in this case it says MODS Click "ok"

In the left side of the window you will see the available MODS. The two ARB WideGui mods you just put in should be listed.

Click on "ARB WideGUI 1920x1080" to highlight it then click on the little ">" to load the mod. It should move to the right.

Now Click on the mod "ARB WideGui Fix" Click the ">" and load that mod. A warning message will pop up.

It's ok, Click "Yes". This will grey out the first mod you loaded. That is normal.

CLOSE the JSGME Program.

STEP TWENTY-FOUR: Delete (if any) files in your "WORKING" folder.

STEP TWENTY-FIVE: Change your Desktop Resolution to 1600x900 or lower and start the game.
The game will come up in widescreen and your navigation map will look correct.

CONGRATS!

At this point if you want you can install Grey Wolves GOLD 3.0.

Before you do make sure you first start JSGME and unload all mods. After Grey Wolves is finished installing start up JSGME and load the ARB WideGui file and fix and your all set.

I will now sit back and bask in your adoration of my brilliance.

Just kidding.. I hope this helps.

Good Hunting!!

Last edited by 4H_Ccrashh; 01-30-20 at 07:16 PM.
4H_Ccrashh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 01:42 AM   #158
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default welcome back!

4H_Ccrashh! AFTER AN EIGHT YEAR SILENT RUN!

Old 01-31-20, 08:17 AM   #159
LeBueno
Watch

Downloads: 17

I've got everything else working but for some reason my attack periscope texts are in German. I have installed the "Adaption for English & Deutsch" folder via JSGME but what ever I do I can't get the texts to be in English. Have I done something wrong or should I change something to get the texts in English? I have installed the adaption pack last.

EDIT: Got it working. Had to mess up with the JSGME order and finally go it right.
406 suffers failure on launch again.

Last edited by LeBueno; 01-31-20 at 09:51 AM.
LeBueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 11:14 AM   #160
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > PirateKaluen >
A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > 4H_Ccrashh > killerjoker88
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 04:11 PM   #161
4H_Ccrashh
Helmsman

Sometimes when I load a mod through JSGME it does not take. I dunno why.

Back up your Data folder then instead of trying to load via JSGME , go into "Adaptation for English & Deutschthe" and click through until you get to the DATA folder and cut and paste that into the DATA folder in the game and see if that works.

Be sure to back up the Data folder first. Since you are not loading the mod through JSGME it will not be possible to reverse the experiment.

I have no saved games . I'm just getting back into this so I don't mind experimenting. I would try it myself for you but my STEAM had a hissy-fit and no longer shows one of my games as installed, It is going to take a 31 gig download with my crappy 3.5meg DSL (yaY!! living in farm country)

One advantage to the steam version of SH3, After you get the game perfect you can copy the SH3 game folder to a safe spot. If your current game gets messed up you can go into STEAM delete all of the files in the SH3 STEAM folder then copy them back from your safe spot.

Only diff is that before when you started SH3 it started STEAM, Now when you click the Icon to start the game it will start steam and tell you it needs to reinstall. Just cancel that message and start the game again after Steam is already running and the game will start. Or I just start Steam first. Then start the game. The only thing Steam would do for you is auto update games. I'm pretty sure there are no "official" updates coming from Ubisoft so steam is irrelevant. Its just a way to get the game to run.

I'm curious to see how it works out.

Oh ,,wait,, whats that?
My the alarm just went off.

Its Beer O'Clock!

WOOT WOOT!!
Old 02-01-20, 10:30 AM   #162
LeBueno
Watch

Downloads: 17

Oof, when one problems gets solved another arises...

Does anyone know what is the reason that the Attack Course Pointer on the Attack Disk is coupled with the periscope direction or the AOB pointer on the TDC? This makes life really hard when trying to solve the right direction for a 90 degree attack angle, like shown in this video:
(@ 16:05)

You can not move the ACP if the TDC is on. To be able to move it you have to put it off, but then when you move the ACP the AOB changes on the TDC. I would like to use the Attack Disk only as a tool which does not interfere with the TDC or any other thing, just a plain simple tool to check courses etc. without needing to worry about it affecting anything.

Can this be changed somewhere?
406 suffers failure on launch again.
LeBueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 10:32 AM   #163
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi, I was having a problem with an LSH3 install. However, the issue seems to NOT be from LSH3 but either of the widescreen mods, whenver they are install no matter what my settings are I always get "Cannot Initialize 3D engine". Anyone have any tips? Thanks.

-Casey
Old 02-01-20, 01:00 PM   #164
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Casey
Quote:
"Cannot Initialize 3D engine"
This is a graphics problem.

Essential settings
Post #7 Changing Nvidia And AMD Radeon GPU Settings > Pictorial

Optional if needed
Override High DPI Scaling Behavior > Pictorial

Important to run your applications as administrators.
Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 01:21 PM   #165
4H_Ccrashh
Helmsman

Casey try lowering the desktop resolution of windows to 800x600, then start the game.