SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-30-16, 07:55 AM   #961
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly
Since my wife was fired from her job, I've been helping a friend to customize motorcycles in order to help the family's income, so my modding time was severely limited. The Ship Acceleration Model will be released the following days, sorry guys, hadn't time to finish it as I said. But it's almost ready.
To XTBilly, take care of Real Life's issues first my friend. This mod, and just about anything with it is "back row seating" compared to life's complications. No ones in a hurry!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 08:01 AM   #962
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
Since my wife was fired from her job, I've been helping a friend to customize motorcycles in order to help the family's income, so my modding time was severely limited
Absolutely no need to apologize
This is a hobby, not a job
When you are ready we will happily test and play with your new sinking model and ship physics mod
Until then - focus on your family

Real life always takes precedence over modding

Good luck Billy, I hope your situation improves soon

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 08:50 AM   #963
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
What are you thinking on explosive power? Do you think they are too powerful or not powerful enough, and why?
It is true in any case at the Fido Mk 24 (analog Mk 27); whose warhead weighed only 42 kg.

The Mark 10 torpedo was actually weaker than the standard-Torpedo Mark 14 be because its warhead still consisted of TNT instead Torpex.

Well - I am still researching on.
So far I have not found profound detail how much Muntion ever flak and deck gun carried generally on the boats.
Old 07-30-16, 10:39 AM   #964
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

I love motorcycles. I'm lucky that my mechanic friend has his hands full and needs help. Long summer evenings with friends, motorcycles, working on them, rock music, beer... What's not to like?

It's difficult to explain my three girls why daddy smells of beer after returning home late at night. Specially to the "big one". After loosing her job she was very anxious but she's better now. We'll make it through all right.

Thanks for the support dear friends.

Billy.
Old 07-30-16, 10:48 AM   #965
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I love motorcycles. I'm lucky that my mechanic friend has his hands full and needs help. Long summer evenings with friends, motorcycles, working on them, rock music, beer... What's not to like?
So you are doing something that you love!
And also getting money for it?

That sounds like a WIN WIN situation

Good luck mate

On SUBSIM we can only provide moral support, but we will give you as much of it as you need

Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 07-30-16, 12:27 PM   #966
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

As the Capn says, we don't get paid here, therefore, it's not important. In fact, a paid job, while very useful to a family, isn't as important as family. It's great though Billy, that you're able to do something that you enjoy and earn a little change for the pocket (and bills). Some fellows a knew a few years ago would come over to the garage I worked at, and we'd work to all hours of the morning. We really enjoyed getting things going, customizing, etc., but we never got any money for it...

I got a question for anyone: Do you have GoProStudio on your computer, and tried to run MSI Afterburner? I'm beginning to think that GoPro Studio is not only incompatible with my Cyberlink P2G, but also Afterburner, which might be why I'm losing my recording in the RivaTuner part of Afterburner... maybe, but GoPro shows up as a 3d process (say whuh??) in Afterburner, so I've got it put in the RT Application Profiles and set to "None". Still can't get a recording though...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 12:50 PM   #967
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:

It's difficult to explain my three girls why daddy smells of beer after returning home late at night. Specially to the "big one". After loosing her job she was very anxious but she's better now. We'll make it through all right.

Thanks for the support dear friends.

Billy.
Never doubted it for a minute, Billy. It's great that you can do something you like doing for a job and get paid. Like everyone says, family is everything.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 01:20 PM   #968
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

Thanks again dear friends!

The last years have been... awful. But I've managed to keep my family intact and fed, my daughters happy, that's the most important. We've passed much worst situations, a thing that made us stronger than ever. We'll get through this. I'm helping Gus with the bikes after finishing my full-time job. I'm not young anymore, I return home very tired, but bikes, friends and beer have positive effects on a man, no matter if he's an old dog...

I think I finished the ship acceleration model. I'll give it a final test tonight and I'll upload it tomorrow, I hope.

I think the destroyers are more dangerous now with their acceleration cut. They cannot evade torpedoes as easily as before, but somehow it's more difficult to escape them. Maybe because they're cutting their engines more often... but it's not a bad thing, is it?

The model covers all of the ships, tuned them by tonnage and speed. Convoys are now more difficult to target at long distance since they vary their speed when they're evading after the first hit. You'll have to get uncomfortably close to target them effectively when they're maneuvering. I haven't noticed any difference at all on the distance that you can hear them, I didn't touch their engine rpm at all.

The model will not have the option of choosing ships by class as the previous one, includes them all in one package. I'm happy with it, you'll be the judge.

Cheers mates,
Billy.

Last edited by XTBilly; 07-30-16 at 01:29 PM.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 02:10 PM   #969
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Quote:
But I've managed to keep my family intact and fed, my daughters happy, that's the most important..
Exactly mate - sounds like you definitely know what is truly important in life

Quote:
I think I finished the ship acceleration model. I'll give it a final test tonight and I'll upload it tomorrow, I hope.

I think the destroyers are more dangerous now with their acceleration cut. They cannot evade torpedoes as easily as before, but somehow it's more difficult to escape them. Maybe because they're cutting their engines more often... but it's not a bad thing, is it?
looking forward to it Billy
I will give you some feedback as soon as I can

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 07-30-16, 02:50 PM   #970
propbeanie

I was just over at photobucket, cleaning out things, and found this:

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/pr...mark%20Sinking

It's 10 shotz from a couple of weeks ago, of "the shadow" or more accurately "the case of the backwards shadows". There's a couple of test missions that AOTD_MadMax (I think it was him / them) made for one of the versions of FotRS, and they look a bit odd in Ultimate. I don't know if any of you graphics guru's have had a chance to look at them in SH4 FotRS Ultimate yet or not, but just in case, that's what it looks like in-game. Just played the same mission today, and it looks the same. I'll put the mission up on the shared folder. There's a Germania folder over there too, and that ship has the same issue. Just be careful what you click on a Photobucket... I don't *think* the Bismark and Germania are important to the Fleet Boat Ops in the Pacific, but the DD's might be.

Old 07-30-16, 05:00 PM   #971
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I've been working with Jeff_Groves on that a bit. He thinks it's the DynamicShadows controller. Used only in the first version of SHIII it never worked well. We think the Bismark (and the Germania) were imported from SHIII and not properly converted to remove the DynamicShadows controller.

So I tried a GWX program called SH3toSH4 on the Bismark. Didn't work. The ship lost textures. That apparently means that a conversion of sorts was made, but made badly.

I've tried installing SHIII on my main computer and had problems. I have a laptop running XP that will accept it but have been busy. Once I install it there I'll try SH3toSH4 on some ships in SHIII. If it works maybe we can do some substitution and get rid of the awful shadows.

In the meantime this is a Pacific war simulation and I virtually guarantee no encounters with Bismark or Germania for the entire war!

If I don't have any luck with my investigation I recommend just forgetting about the issue.

Billy, we're with you. Real life comes before computer simulations. Drink........er work till you drop! No hurry on the mod stuff. I could paste something Ducimus once wrote but it might be violating a confidence and it didn't make him look particularly good. Let's just say he modded way too much and paid the personal price for it that ruined his enjoyment of the game and of modding forever.

First rule of the FOTRS Ultimate modding team: if you're not having fun, leave it for awhile and do something else. You can't do your best work unless you're having fun.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 10:23 PM   #972
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Speaking of the Bismark and the idea that its in the Pacific some how?!? Does FOTRS have it in a single mission, or within the campaign game? Just wondering, because I've been thinking about the Akagi and Kaga CV's (and a couple of other ships as well in FOTRS). These ships are pulled from the game at their respective death dates (least that's how FOTRS has them). I'd like to see them run the entire length of the game like most of the other assets in-game. Yes, it wouldn't be "historically authentic" but what the heck, neither is the Bismark in the Pacific, or finding the Yamamoto again after just sinking it in the last patrol.

I'd like to see the carriers within the campaign beyond their historic "end" dates, it's no more implausible then thinking we are real sub Captains anyway. So, would you guys mind if I put the ships in for the duration of the war? It's too bad the dynamic campaign game doesn't take into account things like alternative history which opens up the question of "what if" while we play......making new history as we go along. It doesn't even remove an asset when its dispatched by our own hand.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 07-30-16 at 10:32 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 10:46 PM   #973
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Speaking of the Bismark and the idea that its in the Pacific some how?!? Does FOTRS have it in a single mission, or within the campaign game? Just wondering, because I've been thinking about the Akagi and Kaga CV's (and a couple of other ships as well in FOTRS). These ships are pulled from the game at their respective death dates (least that's how FOTRS has them). I'd like to see them run the entire length of the game like most of the other assets in-game. Yes, it wouldn't be "historically authentic" but what the heck, neither is the Bismark in the Pacific, or finding the Yamamoto again after just sinking it in the last patrol.

I'd like to see the carriers within the campaign beyond their historic "end" dates, it's no more implausible then thinking we are real sub Captains anyway. So, would you guys mind if I put the ships in for the duration of the war? It's too bad the dynamic campaign game doesn't take into account things like alternative history which opens up the question of "what if" while we play......making new history as we go along. It doesn't even remove an asset when its dispatched by our own hand.
Hate to quote the whole thing but highlighting and deleting on a cell phone is cruel and unusual punishment.the I agree there is no justification for killing off ships on their historic sinking dates.

Please kill the death dates and let players create their own history. We'll include that change in the core mod.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 01:22 AM   #974
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 164

Sorry for the intrusion my friends, but can you ad in this fantastic mod some ships of the royal Thay Navy and of the Manchukko navy please? If you will add these navy in the mod it would be great.
And sorry for my bad english.

Rapidi Ed Invisibili-the campaign (an italian mod for SH4)
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 07:04 AM   #975
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
... it wouldn't be "historically authentic" but what the heck, neither is the Bismark in the Pacific, or finding the Yamamoto again after just sinking it in the last patrol.

I'd like to see the carriers within the campaign beyond their historic "end" dates, it's no more implausible then thinking we are real sub Captains anyway. So, would you guys mind if I put the ships in for the duration of the war?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
... I agree there is no justification for killing off ships on their historic sinking dates.

Please kill the death dates and let players create their own history. We'll include that change in the core mod.
I agree. Is there a way tho, to make a note, either on the Properties sheet in the Mission Editor, or maybe make up a sheet, with the "death" dates of the ship, for those that want to make an "historically correct" mission or patrol? Maybe I'll start looking into a 'history' thing, and see if it's plausible to make a text doc or something...

As for what your request Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt, it might be that someone could do some "re-skinning" of an existing ship, and make it fly the Thai flag, etc. I don't know what would be involved in adding "Roster" entries for them though. Might be a bit of work... We do need a couple Dutch cruisers too though... We'll have the ship count over 500 at this rate, and a 10 minute load time... but yeah, that'd be cool to do.