SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #10666
u crank
SubSim relic
 
u crank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Prince Edward Island
Posts: 10,236
Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Eyes wide shut you have.
Of course. If people don't agree with you and you can give no definitive facts for your belief naturally you insult their capabilities. Why am I not surprised?
__________________
There are only two ways of telling the complete truth - anonymously and posthumously.

Thomas Sowell




u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #10667
Armistead
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: on the Dan
Posts: 10,713
Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0


Default

I see the Dems/liberal like this.. You go out to eat and get a great waiter/service but the food is terrible. You still tip the waiter very well {taxes}, but you go home hungry. With Trump, the service is terrible but the food is great, you don't tip the waiter a dime and go home well fed, but angry. I prefer my family eating as more necessary!
__________________

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:12 PM   #10668
mapuc
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,014
Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54274115

Thats what happens when psychiatric patients like psychopaths and people with narcissistic personality disorder come to ransl and powers. Then they are not just ill anymore, but dangerous and a threat to the common public. Most autocratic tyrants in history and in the present, are like this.
You the one with a diploma, so you know more about a public person than I do..I do know that a President...psycho or not must have some to put a vote on them...otherwise they would not win a seat/the presidential election.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:57 PM   #10669
Rockstar
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Restaurant at the end of the universe
Posts: 6,292
Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0


Default

Meanwhile in the E.U. where they dont vote for their leaders. German elitists having by their behavior driven the British out of the E.U. Are now setting their sights once again on the French.



Quote:
French farmers drove tractors through town centres and blocked highways to oppose extra agricultural imports from South America, raising pressure on President Emmanuel Macron to push against a new trade deal
__________________
Guardian of the honey and nuts


"If some great catastrophe is not announced every morning, we feel a certain void. Nothing in the paper today, we sigh." - Lord Acton
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:06 AM   #10670
Skybird
Soaring
 
Skybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: the mental asylum named Germany
Posts: 31,164
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
You the one with a diploma, so you know more about a public person than I do..I do know that a President...psycho or not must have some to put a vote on them...otherwise they would not win a seat/the presidential election.

Markus
I see a big threat, which grows from week to weak, and that is that Trump simply refuses to accept even clear defeat. The US system is surprisingly weak, experty say, regarding enforcment of such acceptance, since it was designed on the premisse that he who lost honestly and honkurably admits that and steps back voluntarily. Trump just has refused for the repeated time that he would, and has rallied the legal experts around him seeking advice how to not leave if he looses. And not forget that he is und er threat of getting sued once the legal immunity of his office ends. He also applauded Xi for turning the Chinese pr esidency into an unlimited one, I mean: for life, he said that in the US one should do it like that, too. Formall y, and I mean just formally, military and secret service remain under his command. I am really increasingly worried about civil war like unrest and an coup d'etat indeed, Trump has demonstrated his antipathy for rulesand law before, risks to get sued after the WH, and has done quite some manouvers now indicating that he might nt want to accept even clear defeat and would try to play foul. Why just ignoring his words and indications? Why assuming that a frog stops squawking and jumping? He has never cared for legalty in his life - only for getting away with something. His biography is full with that. And he is a man with a narcissistic personality order and antisocial personality, such people just cannot bear to be rejectex, they cannot bear not to be liked. If they are not liked, in their inside they want to force the other than to like them. So, psychodynamically he is an extremely dangerous, sick person. And his - often armed! - fans are not the brightest lamps on the lamp shop's shelves, too.


Plenty of reasons to be very concerned.
__________________
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt..” - Mark Twain
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:58 AM   #10671
Skybird
Soaring
 
Skybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: the mental asylum named Germany
Posts: 31,164
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

Against democracy.


https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/24/p...unt/index.html


"I spent 38 years as a Republican lawyer going into precincts looking for evidence of fraud. There are, to be sure, isolated cases, but nothing like the widespread fraud that would somehow invalidate an election or cause anyone to doubt the peaceful transfer of power," Ben Ginsberg, who helped litigate the 2000 election on George W. Bush's behalf, told CNN's John King on Thursday. "So what's different about this is a president of the United States going right at one of the pillars of the democracy without the evidence that you have got to have to make that case."
__________________
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt..” - Mark Twain
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:56 AM   #10672
u crank
SubSim relic
 
u crank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Prince Edward Island
Posts: 10,236
Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0


Default

CNN Asks Guest If Military Would Intervene if Trump Doesn’t Leave Office.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...ffice-n2576901

Quote:
During an interview with former national security adviser H.R. McMaster, Wolf Blitzer asked what would happen with the military in that type of situation.

“General, if the president were to lose the election on November 3rd, and if he were to refuse to concede — this is a hypothetical, but you’re a military guy — what role would the U.S. military have to play in that type of scenario?"

McMaster replied, "Absolutely no role."
Quote:
"And those who suggest that the military would have any role in transition, they are being equally irresponsible," McMaster continued.
Mean while on the other side of the argument ...

Quote:
South Carolina Democrat Jim Clyburn has said that Trump is not going to win fairly.

Senator Barbara Boxer has said that the only way Trump will win is to steal it.

The Washington Post' has noted, 'Democrats may not trust the results of the election if Trump wins.'

Hillary Clinton says that Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstance.
__________________
There are only two ways of telling the complete truth - anonymously and posthumously.

Thomas Sowell




u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #10673
August
Ugly American
 
August's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 20,070
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Drip drip



Quote:
An FBI agent who played a lead role investigating Michael Flynn told the Justice Department there was never evidence of wrongdoing by the retired general or Russian collusion by President Trump, but the probe was kept open by Special Counsel Robert Mueller because his team had a "get Trump" goal, according to an explosive interview released Friday. Agent William Barnett's interview with Justice Department prosecutors earlier this month provided a bombshell claim that both FBI superiors under agency Director James Comey and Mueller's team exhibited bias in their pursuit of Trump that upended the normal investigative decisions, tactics and commitment to pursue evidence neutrally.
The interview emerged just one day after the Justice Department released text messages showing FBI analysts bought liability insurance in January 2017 because they feared they could be sued for misconduct committed during the Russia probe.

https://justthenews.com/accountabili...lusion-mueller
__________________
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:17 PM   #10674
Hawk66
Samurai Navy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 570
Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default

I watched a lengthy interview with Bill Gates this weekend by a TED moderator . He asked Bill what he does feel about this crazy conspiration theories, that a vaccine his foundation helps to research would inject a microchip into the people so that he (Gates) could track them.

The moderator claims that according to a study 40% of the Republican voters would believe this story.

I can only hope this is not true but on the other hand it would explain a lot. Especially regarding Trump.

Welcome to the stone age. I have a business idea: Let's create a service, where everybody can create his conspiration theory and get followers. Since AI is progressing fast these days, it could help to formulate such theory. It does not really understand it since there is nothing to understand about it
__________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 02:14 PM   #10675
Torvald Von Mansee
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CA4528
Posts: 1,541
Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I see the Dems/liberal like this.. You go out to eat and get a great waiter/service but the food is terrible. You still tip the waiter very well {taxes}, but you go home hungry. With Trump, the service is terrible but the food is great, you don't tip the waiter a dime and go home well fed, but angry. I prefer my family eating as more necessary!
You should avoid analogies.
__________________
"You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you" - Leon Trotsky
Torvald Von Mansee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 03:45 PM   #10676
mapuc
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,014
Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
I watched a lengthy interview with Bill Gates this weekend by a TED moderator . He asked Bill what he does feel about this crazy conspiration theories, that a vaccine his foundation helps to research would inject a microchip into the people so that he (Gates) could track them.

The moderator claims that according to a study 40% of the Republican voters would believe this story.

I can only hope this is not true but on the other hand it would explain a lot. Especially regarding Trump.

Welcome to the stone age. I have a business idea: Let's create a service, where everybody can create his conspiration theory and get followers. Since AI is progressing fast these days, it could help to formulate such theory. It does not really understand it since there is nothing to understand about it
This made me remember a science article in which it said
2/3 of the Americans believed in conspiracy.

Then some percentage of how many who believe the moonlanding was a hoax and so on.
This was nothing but a little off topic answer to Hawk66.

Back to political discussion but still using some of it.
2/3 may believe in conspiracy....but how many percent do believe their politicians ?
Conspiracy is said to contain an uns of truth...how much truth is it in what a politicians is telling the spectators at some election meeting ?

Editing
I wanted to see this man to man battle between Trump and Biden live, the problem is the time it start will be 0300 here in Denmark. Thank God I have a usb-harddrive connected to my tv(PVR) so I can see it after breakfast and other things.
End editing

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 09-29-2020 at 05:21 PM.
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:32 PM   #10677
Gorpet
Mate
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 15 miles North of Orlando Fla.
Posts: 53
Downloads: 345
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I see a big threat, which grows from week to weak, and that is that Trump simply refuses to accept even clear defeat. The US system is surprisingly weak, experty say, regarding enforcment of such acceptance, since it was designed on the premisse that he who lost honestly and honkurably admits that and steps back voluntarily. Trump just has refused for the repeated time that he would, and has rallied the legal experts around him seeking advice how to not leave if he looses. And not forget that he is und er threat of getting sued once the legal immunity of his office ends. He also applauded Xi for turning the Chinese pr esidency into an unlimited one, I mean: for life, he said that in the US one should do it like that, too. Formall y, and I mean just formally, military and secret service remain under his command. I am really increasingly worried about civil war like unrest and an coup d'etat indeed, Trump has demonstrated his antipathy for rulesand law before, risks to get sued after the WH, and has done quite some manouvers now indicating that he might nt want to accept even clear defeat and would try to play foul. Why just ignoring his words and indications? Why assuming that a frog stops squawking and jumping? He has never cared for legalty in his life - only for getting away with something. His biography is full with that. And he is a man with a narcissistic personality order and antisocial personality, such people just cannot bear to be rejectex, they cannot bear not to be liked. If they are not liked, in their inside they want to force the other than to like them. So, psychodynamically he is an extremely dangerous, sick person. And his - often armed! - fans are not the brightest lamps on the lamp shop's shelves, too.


Plenty of reasons to be very concerned.
Bird,for a self proclaimed psychiatrist you sure do let our President Donald Trump rent a lot of space in your head.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:59 AM   #10678
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast
 
Cybermat47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,311
Downloads: 205
Uploads: 13


Default

Do you think that the next election will include at least one functioning adult?
__________________
Historical TWoS Gameplay Guide: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...20#post2572620
My Mods
Silent Hunter 4
- Japanese Career: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4554
Silent Hunter 5
- Historical Torpedo Ranges and Speeds: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5399

- Shorter External Transfer Cooldown: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5400
Cybermat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:40 AM   #10679
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat
 
Jimbuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 250 metres below the surface
Posts: 147,442
Downloads: 61
Uploads: 12


Default

Not seen last nights debate yet but going by the news prompts on my iPhone thus far, I'm certainly looking forward to viewing it.
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Oh my God, not again!!


GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:27 AM   #10680
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative
 
Catfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ..where the ocean meets the sky
Posts: 10,530
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0


Default

I'm looking forward to not viewing it
__________________


>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
biden , clinton , obama , politics , trump , twitter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2020 Subsim