Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-20, 05:36 AM   #1
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0
Default I fell for a possible scam

I was on the PC and got a popup in the corner from the BBC News.
It was saying David Beckham (soccer player) was on the TV telling how he is making a fortune daily.
So I clicked on the popup, then I got a BBC News page and it was saying David was on a TV show telling people to get on this quick, it was about the Bitcoin thing, then there was screenshots of people replying thanking him and they were making a small fortune overnight by doing nothing, just letting the Auto Trade run.

Then at the bottom of the page was a 'Click This' to join quick.
So like an idiot I clicked it, it asked for my name and email and phone number, I entered that then got a page saying the minimum deposit was £200 and to enter my bank card number, I know what you are all thinking but I did it.

Then a popup saying because I in the UK my deposit hadn't gone through, at that moment I got a phone call from a Asian woman saying she saw I had just registered and could I verify my bank details, so now I realised something was wrong.

I said, "When I buy something online and it asks for my bank details I don't get a phone call asking me to verify so why are you asking?"
She said I needed to go through her first, I refused and hung up, 2 seconds later she phoned back again asking me to verify my bank details, I said forget it I'm not interested, she phoned again straight away, I told her to stop phoning me.

Then I got an email sending me link that would enable me to deposit the money from the UK, then I phoned my bank.
I got a security person on and I told them my story and gave them the email details etc.
They stopped my bank card straight away and are sending me a new one in a few days.

Then I Googled a search and found a page saying that there was a FAKE BBC News item being sent online about the Bitcoin, I normally never fall for stuff like this but that BBC News page looked genuine and like an idiot I fell for it.

Anyway luckily they can't take my money now as my card had been stopped but I'm letting others know just in case they get the popup and like me think it is real.

Edit: Forgot to add, on the fake news page it also said that a few banks phoned the BBC at the moment TV program was on air asking them to stop the broadcast as they didn't want this information getting out, this again influenced me.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote