Old 04-05-10, 11:44 AM   #31
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HundertzehnGustav View Post

where are the other SHV lovers?
Too busy playing the game to keep dealing with this nonsense...
Old 04-05-10, 12:05 PM   #32
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
Yes. Both of them.
Old 04-05-10, 12:26 PM   #33
Immacolata
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanomag View Post
What really suxx is...

1) if you play it and like it.. you still have to deal with the bugs etc ...

2) if you refuse to buy it.. you still have to deal with the fact that a newer version of a game you would have loved to play did not materialize..

So its a BIG Shiite sandwich and we ALL have to take a bite!
Precisely. You are doomed as a subsim lover. Buy it and support sloppy releases. Refuse to buy it and support the franchise's demise.

It is like if you really enjoy the special romanian-french kitchen. But the only restaurant in town has really bad service and they serve cold dinner half the time. If you refuse to eat there, they will close shop and you'll never eat romanian-french cuisine again, which you so much love. If you eat there, you have to endure what ever quality food served. Hard place isnt it.

"The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist."
- W. Churchill
Old 04-05-10, 12:37 PM   #34
HundertzehnGustav
Sea Lord

Downloads: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandion View Post
I'm sorry but how is that different from the other's in the series.
SHIII = go there patrol that, then roam free and try to makle it back home oin one piece... in 1944!
Old 04-05-10, 01:03 PM   #35
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HundertzehnGustav View Post
SHIII = go there patrol that, then roam free and try to makle it back home oin one piece... in 1944!
Except for the 1944 part that is exactly what my orders from BDU were for this patrol. Oh... and I can do historically correct night surface attacks early on in the war.

JCC
Old 04-05-10, 01:12 PM   #36
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat
Excellent lunge!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044
Yes. Both of them.
Excellent riposte!

There are a bunch of people enjoying the game, or trying to.

There are a bunch of people who played it, hated it, and said they'd be back when it was working better.

There are a bunch of people who will see if patches and fixes make it better, and then will buy it.

And there are a bunch of people who refuse to buy it while it's a force-fed online game.

Everybody has a different take, and everybody is more than willing to express there opinions. Everybody also seems to willing to take cheap shots at anybody who disagrees with them.

This is a thread asking players to give SH5 a chance. I'm more than willing to do that, once they'll let me play it.

It doesn't need to be a shooting war.
Old 04-05-10, 01:19 PM   #37
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Well said Steve.
I'll happily admit that I am in one of those bunches of people you have described
But I try and remember that my opinion is just that. An OPINION.
And I can express it without being having a shot at someone else who happens to have a different one.
There really is no need to make the argument personal here.
Old 04-05-10, 01:38 PM   #38
Nordmann
Commodore

Downloads: 62

I gave SH5 a chance (bargain bin for the win), and so far I have been enjoying it. There are issues of course, but that is no different from any release. I think most of the resentment stems from the net requirement, which is understandable, however the game itself is not quite as bad as some are claiming. The mod community is already bashing out some truly inspirational work, and I have no doubt that more is to come, this in itself makes the game worth playing.

Regardless of where you stand on the issue, there is no call for attacks against one another based on personal preference, which is what it comes down to at the end of the day. Some people will enjoy it, some will not. That is life.
Old 04-05-10, 01:49 PM   #39
janh
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
Yes. Both of them.
ROFL. But the purpose of this thread is hopefully not one party attacking the other here. So I would suggest to stop pointing fingers. Some people simply enjoy the game as is, and others have higher expectations. And both are entitled to their opinion, which each side should treat seriously if they want to be considered serious.
Old 04-05-10, 03:08 PM   #40
Nordmann
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Most games tend to be more popular when modded, just look at the Total War series for example, Rome was basically a joke before the modders worked their magic. True, it should not be this way, but I can assure you that unfinished products are by no means a Ubi trait alone.
Old 04-05-10, 03:12 PM   #41
vonTorpitz
Seaman

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immacolata View Post
Precisely. You are doomed as a subsim lover. Buy it and support sloppy releases. Refuse to buy it and support the franchise's demise.

It is like if you really enjoy the special romanian-french kitchen. But the only restaurant in town has really bad service and they serve cold dinner half the time. If you refuse to eat there, they will close shop and you'll never eat romanian-french cuisine again, which you so much love. If you eat there, you have to endure what ever quality food served. Hard place isnt it.
Nice analogy. But a microwave oven and some salt and pepper can go a long way, this game needs both.

Old 04-05-10, 03:30 PM   #42
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

The thread title is horrible. What is this, the peace movement? Should we start wearing hippe beads and join some political movement while giving out the free love?

There really is no need for this drama. This is just another unfinished ubisoft title. It will end up with the usual 4 patch's, and the usual unresolved issues. So It's all really quite simple:

If you like the game:
What are you doing here if your not posting at work? Go play the game and enjoy yourself.

If you like the game but find the bugs unbearable, you have three options:

A.) Put up with the bugs. You bought the game, and you probably knew better.
b.) Shelve the game until next patch and go do something else in the meantime.
c.) Quite your bitching about the bugs, do something about it instead. In otherwords, shut up and mod, or learn how to.

If you don't like the game:
Throw the damn game into the pile of shelf fodder that collects dust, go play something else, and stop bitching about a game you don't even play. You have two other silent hunter titles to choose from for crying out loud.

Seems easy enough to me.
Old 04-05-10, 03:49 PM   #43
jazman
Commander

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarre View Post
Do you really think a newer version out of the office Ubisoft would be better, this time more completely and with fewer release version bug's?

The comunity believed this after SH3 and also assumed that the next Ubisoft subsim will be better, Ubisoft will have learned from their mistakes. Then SH4 dropped on the market and again the comunity believed the next Subsim will be much better Ubisoft will have learned from their mistakes ...
Here's the gaming community mantra:

"Fooled once, shame on you. Fooled twice, shame on you. Fooled thrice, shame on you..."
Old 04-05-10, 03:56 PM   #44
jazman
Commander

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
If you don't like the game:
Throw the damn game into the pile of shelf fodder that collects dust, go play something else, and stop bitching about a game you don't even play. You have two other silent hunter titles to choose from for crying out loud.
Booing at games is a fan's prerogative. You might ask, "If you don't like the way they play, why don't you just leave?" And I don't mind people complaining.
Old 04-05-10, 04:04 PM   #45
Brag
Navy Seal

Downloads: 2

I am glad a few people bought this game and have reported on it.
Everything about this release is a disaster. Why should anyone pay to get a packet of agravation?

Maybe the game can be saved. The missions seem childish and of little interest to a seasoned subsimmer. Then, there are the bugs and the real killer, OSP/DRM.

It would be nice of Ubi if it would just go away and peddle crap elswhere.
I would like to see an indy studio who responds to its client base make a good subsim.
Order Kingmaker here: http://www.subsim.com/store.html
For Tactics visit:http://www.freewebs.com/kielman/
Closed Thread

Tags
best subsim, bug, complaints, drama, drm, far too silly, sh5