SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-20, 03:12 PM   #526
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrelius View Post

Is this a TwoS bug or sh5?

Incase image does not work. It has to do with my ahead slow/ahead flank etc dial. When i press speed 3, the light goes to 3 but the arrow goes to 2. Same with 4, the light goes to 4, arrow goes to 3. Except with 5, here light and arrow go to 5. As its supposed to.

Just normal Sh5 dial in the left bottom side of the screen. Only Twos mod, nothing else. Bug stays in campaign and in historical mission.

Any ideas?
That's normal. Read TWoS Quick start manual before you post please...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 09:19 AM   #527
Captain Cannonfodder
Swabbie

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
Default Unable to proceed my game after i clicked Load saved game.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.
I have both the Steam and Uplay Downloads.
The correct version number and it runs in stock as well.

This only just occurred today, I haven't had any troubles before today, every game session is ended by saving it correctly and having it syncronised with "The Cloud"

Obviously i'm using TWOS with only 3 non TWOS mods added, as i said i've never had this issue before today, and i'm seriously baffled by what might cause this. I load the game, it shows the TWOS screen (with the remark to be patient ) It then proceeds to the black screen, then i get to choose to either load a saved game or continue my campain etc..i always load a saved game. i get the "tip" with a random picture...and then after that vanishes i get returned to my Uplay starting screen or whatever it's called. I tried even to run as admin, nothing works...what can be the problem? Thank you very much in advance.
Captain Cannonfodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 10:19 AM   #528
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cannonfodder View Post
Obviously i'm using TWOS with only 3 non TWOS mods added
This may be the problem. Did you accept recently some uplay update or anything similar?

Check the first post of this thread as well...
Old 04-03-20, 02:47 PM   #529
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi CC
If your current game was working one day and not the next that is a puzzle as the Uplay update problem usually refers to new or re-installs.
I would suggest you try this and see if it makes any difference?

Play Silent Hunter 5 Offline! > Pictorial
Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 03:28 AM   #530
Captain Cannonfodder
Swabbie

Default Unable to proceed my game after i clicked Load saved game.

Thank you for the response, I have no idea if I did accept an update for Uplay, it might be possible, I decided the safest thing to do is a complete clean reinstall, and then refrain from using the 3 non-TWOS mods.Plus I am going to try the Berbsters suggestion by playing SH5 offline, see if that indeed makes the difference.
Old 04-04-20, 06:21 AM   #531
THEBERBSTER

Hi CC
A complete re-install will give you the Uplay update problem.
However if you are already seeinig "Update" and not "Play or Start" then Uplay has already up dated your game and you will need to use this fix
Uplay Download Version Fix For SH5 And TWoS > Pictorial
Peter
Old 04-05-20, 04:28 AM   #532
Captain Cannonfodder
Swabbie

Default Everything works...almost...

Hi, I did a clean install, by the book, including even using UPlay offline, it all works except I no longer have German speaking crew but English speaking. Like in the Stock game. And various commands to crew members are simply not shown in the menu's of the crew members I select. What can be the cause of this, since I now only use a few TWOS items from the JSGME, and no other mods at all? As I said everything else works as it should.

This captain is seriously thinking of torpedoeing his own ship

I'm sure it's a minor issue, but i'm not sure what it is.
In any case, thanks for the prior help and thanks for any further help in advance
Old 04-05-20, 06:28 AM   #533
Captain Cannonfodder
Swabbie

Default Problem solved.

I found the cause for the issue by going through more of this topic, it appeared I forgot to run the stock game prior to TWOS installation. It all works peachy now, so no more need to torpedo my own vessel, thankies for the help, much appreciated
Old 04-05-20, 01:05 PM   #534
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Hi Captains,
I have updated official TWoS install instructions so that anyone with installation related problems may have more info about how to set up and prepare SH5 for TWoS...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ru57h...tions.pdf/file

Check it out and happy hunting!
Old 04-11-20, 04:05 PM   #535
nonnobit
Watch

Downloads: 145

Hi, after five years I come back to my passion, 'cause I'm blocked at home for coronavirus, I reinstalled SH5 1.2.0, and for the first time, TwoS.
Yes I changed something into TDW options, and as soon as I noticed something didn't work or CTD, I begun Campaign or at least, modded in port.
Now I'm sure that NOTHING changed but, in last missions , when I transfer external torpedoes, troubles begin: ahead flank but u boat don't move with propellers making bubbles of cavitation, and when, after end of transfer I decide for periscope depth, in a few seconds my sub is extremely damaged and sinks...
Many greetings to TDW, but I ask myself if lots of programmers here could be able to rewrite SH5 entire code, 'cause it's the main problem .
Of course if u run stable patches over an instable game , u can imagine the result...
nonnobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 05:53 AM   #536
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnobit View Post
Hi, after five years I come back to my passion, 'cause I'm blocked at home for coronavirus, I reinstalled SH5 1.2.0, and for the first time, TwoS.
Yes I changed something into TDW options, and as soon as I noticed something didn't work or CTD, I begun Campaign or at least, modded in port.
Now I'm sure that NOTHING changed but, in last missions , when I transfer external torpedoes, troubles begin: ahead flank but u boat don't move with propellers making bubbles of cavitation, and when, after end of transfer I decide for periscope depth, in a few seconds my sub is extremely damaged and sinks...
Many greetings to TDW, but I ask myself if lots of programmers here could be able to rewrite SH5 entire code, 'cause it's the main problem .
Of course if u run stable patches over an instable game , u can imagine the result...

Here's also some more good reading...
https://forum.axishistory.com/viewto...f=110&t=203947
Old 04-12-20, 08:56 AM   #537
Propnut17
Mate

Downloads: 68

I am a strange one, I even read the instructions when replacing an electrical appliance like a hand blender, even though I know how it works. So you can imagine how pre-occupied I get when purchasing a new motor vehicle!

VDR your pages are almost a drug to me as each time I read the manual something "new" pops up. But as I said I am a strange one.
Propnut17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 11:45 AM   #538
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnobit View Post
Hi, after five years I come back to my passion, 'cause I'm blocked at home for coronavirus, I reinstalled SH5 1.2.0, and for the first time,
nonnobit! ACTUALLY SINCE 2013! THE INFAMOUS SEVEN-YEAR-ITCH WITH LOCKDOWN CABIN FEVER ENHANCEMENT STRIKES AGAIN!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 01:45 PM   #539
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community >nonnobit
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Old 04-12-20, 08:25 PM   #540
drexvil
Swabbie

Downloads: 153

I downloaded the installer 4 times, and always get the same error: "Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation." This always happens when the installer is extracting TWoS Env Settings - Brighter Nights. This happens with the DVD and the Steam versions. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 4.jpg (19.4 KB, 9 views)
drexvil is offline   Reply With Quote